Windows 10: Is there any Microsoft tool similar to bitlocker for files/folder encryption?

Discus and support Is there any Microsoft tool similar to bitlocker for files/folder encryption? in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Hi,Is there any Microsoft tool similar to bitlocker for files/folder encryption?Anna... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by AnnaCheung, Jun 7, 2023.

1. Is there any Microsoft tool similar to bitlocker for files/folder encryption?

Hi,Is there any Microsoft tool similar to bitlocker for files/folder encryption?Anna

:)

AnnaCheung, Jun 7, 2023

2. Bitlocker Drive Encryption(Not Responding) at 84.5%

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

We understand your concern, as you are trying to encrypt the complete hard drive with BitLocker Drive Encryption and now it’s not responding as well.

We would suggest you to refer this
    BitLocker: Use BitLocker Drive Encryption Tools to manage BitLocker
    article and check manage-bde section, if that helps to make the changes.

However, for further queries we would suggest you to post your query in

TechNet
    forums, where we have experts and support professionals who are well equipped with the knowledge on BitLocker to assist you with the appropriate troubleshooting steps.

Aditya Roy

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Aditya_Roy, Jun 7, 2023
  3. Phil GMC Win User
    Adding files to a Bitlocker encrypted folder

Hello folks,

If I add a file to a folder that is encrypted with BitLocker, does it automatically get encrypted?

Thanks

Phil

Phil GMC, Jun 7, 2023
  4. Is there any Microsoft tool similar to bitlocker for files/folder encryption?

Device Encryption not avaiable

Hello Fraczek,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft Community.

We understand your concern in this regard.

• Are you referring to BitLocker Drive Encryption?
    • What preventing you from doing this?
    • Did you get any error message or code while doing this?

Before you come up with the above information, suggest you to refer the article

Help protect your files using BitLocker Drive Encryption
    and see if it help you.

Do refer the article
    Windows BitLocker Drive Encryption Step-by-Step Guide
    and check if it help you with the required information.

Keep us posted if you require further assistance.

Yashwanth Kotakuri, Jun 7, 2023
Thema:

Is there any Microsoft tool similar to bitlocker for files/folder encryption?

1. Is there any Microsoft tool similar to bitlocker for files/folder encryption? - Similar Threads - Microsoft tool similar

2. Is there any Microsoft tool similar to bitlocker for files/folder encryption?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Is there any Microsoft tool similar to bitlocker for files/folder encryption?: Hi,Is there any Microsoft tool similar to bitlocker for files/folder encryption?Anna https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/is-there-any-microsoft-tool-similar-to-bitlocker/bd58b0e5-b449-45fb-833a-7aa64f02aba7
  3. Is there any Microsoft tool similar to bitlocker for files/folder encryption?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Is there any Microsoft tool similar to bitlocker for files/folder encryption?: Hi,Is there any Microsoft tool similar to bitlocker for files/folder encryption?Anna https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/is-there-any-microsoft-tool-similar-to-bitlocker/bd58b0e5-b449-45fb-833a-7aa64f02aba7
  4. Files and Folder Encryptions

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Files and Folder Encryptions: File and Folder encryption - During the test the files and folder made encrypted but due to reason the root drive formatted, now unable to access files and under file, advance setting the option is greyed, please suggestThanks in Advance...
  5. encrypt file and folder

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    encrypt file and folder: i have windows 10 home single language so there is no bitlocker to encrypt data, and the option in properties is also greyed. i tried all the options on web and yt. can anyone help me to enable this option or recommend any trusted app....
  6. Encrypting Files and Folders

Encrypting Files and Folders: Hi, I am not able to encrypt my files and folders. When I try it is Greyed up https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/encrypting-files-and-folders/770611cb-57e6-4499-87e2-f5990217d01a
  7. Adding files to a Bitlocker encrypted folder

Adding files to a Bitlocker encrypted folder: Hello folks, If I add a file to a folder that is encrypted with BitLocker, does it automatically get encrypted? Thanks Phil https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/adding-files-to-a-bitlocker-encrypted-folder/b34a6be3-d3b3-4036-beae-38dc2c49ef69
  8. encrypted files & folders

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    encrypted files & folders: I noted that, after upgrading to windows 10 from windows 8.1, some files and folders became encrypted and I totally filed to to decryption. Help https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/encrypted-files-folders/f1c14ffa-c987-4948-b8fd-a59e2d3443ba
  9. Copy files with similar names to folders with similar names

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Copy files with similar names to folders with similar names: Hello, I am using windows and have the following situation: I have multiple PDF files which naming system is as following: 0. AAL00-SPI-FOR-535-1801 0. AAL00-SPI-FOR-535-1802 0. AAL00-SPI-FOR-535-1807 I also have folders that are named as following:...
  10. Saved Microsoft Excel File Not Encrypted in the Encrypted Folder

Saved Microsoft Excel File Not Encrypted in the Encrypted Folder: When a *.xls excel file is saved in a encrypted folder the file is not automatically encrypted. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/saved-microsoft-excel-file-not-encrypted-in-the/c6b97419-6ce9-42e5-b449-4fc493672984