Windows 10: Is there any other way to leave feedback...???

Discus and support Is there any other way to leave feedback...??? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Their feedback app, a freakin' metro app, will not run for me as I have user account control disabled via registry. But I have a ton of feedback for... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Rickkins, Oct 2, 2014.

1. Rickkins Win User

Is there any other way to leave feedback...???

Their feedback app, a freakin' metro app, will not run for me as I have user account control disabled via registry.

But I have a ton of feedback for them.....*Biggrin

Thanks.

:)

Rickkins, Oct 2, 2014

2. Is there any other way to update wp 8 phone other than Wi-fi

We are not privy to the road map Vaniko and I can't even speculate on what is to come. What I am sure of is that they are constantly working on improving Windows Phone so we will see more and more added functionality as the OS matures.

Jack Cook - aka Help_Line, Oct 2, 2014
  3. Is there any other way to update wp 8 phone other than Wi-fi

WP8 updates cannot be installed via your computer.

I would never use cellular data because of the amount of data used but more importantly the ability to have a consistent connection during the update. Just a personal preference but my advice is to find a WiFi network to use.

You want to
    read this FAQ
    :

How do I update my phone software?

We periodically release Windows Phone software updates to add new features you've asked for and to maximize your phone's performance. When a software update is available for you to download, we'll notify you so you can download it directly to your phone
    over a
    Wi-Fi or cellular data connection
    . To see what features or improvements have been added in the latest update, see

Windows Phone 8 update history

Before you download and install an update:

• Make sure your phone is well-charged, so you don't lose power during the update.
    • If you're worried about cellular data charges, use Wi-Fi and manually download the update. See

How can I minimize my data usage?
      to learn more.
    • Make sure you have enough storage space on your phone for the update. To check how much you have available, in the

App list
      , go to Settings
      Is there any other way to leave feedback...??? start-icon-settings.png
      >Phone storage. For more info about how to move things off your phone to make more room, see

Make room on my phone to update it

Jack Cook - aka Help_Line, Oct 2, 2014
  4. bromanbro Win User

What do you mean you have UAC disabled via registry? Does that disable you from running apps?

Even if you're running a local account, you can still choose to sign in on a "per app" basis (check the blue text), which retains your local account.

ps: You can leave feedback at the Tech preview forum: Windows - Microsoft Community

bromanbro, Oct 2, 2014
  5. Rickkins Win User
    That's correct, no metro app will run with uac turned off via registry.

Rickkins, Oct 2, 2014
  6. bromanbro Win User
    Whoh fast response! You can post feedback at Windows - Microsoft Community

Or Technet if you're running the Enterprise Edition/registered for that.

bromanbro, Oct 2, 2014
  7. Rickkins Win User
    I posted a message there. I was pretty frank....*Biggrin

Rickkins, Oct 2, 2014
  8. Ztruker Win User

Can you provide a link to your post there? Lot of activity there so it's hard to find stuff.

Ztruker, Oct 3, 2014
  9. The Feedback App is horrible.
    I use a Local Account.

When I tried to use it, I had to jump through various hoops.
    I couldn't remember or find the password for my TAFE MS account (requiring a password reset). *Redface
    I had to apply for a couple of security numbers.
    Once I got in (and after only a couple of steps) it looked suspiciously like it was going to convert my PC to a MS Account! *Eek

Looking at MS forums I've seen several people claim that is exactly what happened to them.

lehnerus2000, Oct 9, 2014
  10. Rickkins Win User
    Rickkins, Oct 10, 2014
  11. BunnyJ New Member
    "we"?? Make that I'm and then your post is much more accurate.
    Jeff

BunnyJ, Oct 10, 2014
  12. LittleJay Win User
    Hiya Jeff! Good to see you posting once again. *Biggrin

LittleJay, Oct 10, 2014
  13. Ztruker Win User

Ztruker, Oct 11, 2014
  14. Edwin New Member
    Likewise.
    I diligently tried to find effective and productive uses for Modern Apps on this desktop but so far have failed!
    Sorry MS! *Wink

Edwin, Oct 11, 2014
  15. If they provide a "Disable Metro" button for Desktop users and a "Disable Desktop" button for the Metro users, everyone should be happy. *Smile

lehnerus2000, Oct 11, 2014
Thema:

1. Is there any other way to leave feedback...??? - Similar Threads - leave feedback

2. How can my 14 year old son leave family safety without my permission?

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    How can my 14 year old son leave family safety without my permission?: My 14 year old son has a Win 11 lap top. I am the admin user. He is a standard user on the lap top in my family group able to sign in. This morning at 10 am he found a link in family safety to leave the family group, which he decided to try out. He tells me that he was told...
  3. How can my 14 year old son leave family safety without my permission?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How can my 14 year old son leave family safety without my permission?: My 14 year old son has a Win 11 lap top. I am the admin user. He is a standard user on the lap top in my family group able to sign in. This morning at 10 am he found a link in family safety to leave the family group, which he decided to try out. He tells me that he was told...
  4. How can my 14 year old son leave family safety without my permission?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. How to leave the family I am in - Microsoft Account

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to leave the family I am in - Microsoft Account: I just reset my PC and decided to use the same outlook account I've had for years on my Xbox.I cannot access my virus and threat protection settings, because the IT administrator has limited access. When I view the accounts on Microsoft Family Safety, it is showing my account...
  6. How to leave the family I am in - Microsoft Account

How to leave the family I am in - Microsoft Account: I just reset my PC and decided to use the same outlook account I've had for years on my Xbox.I cannot access my virus and threat protection settings, because the IT administrator has limited access. When I view the accounts on Microsoft Family Safety, it is showing my account...
  7. One drive leaves no choice.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    One drive leaves no choice.: One drive leaves no choice. I downloaded some photos and they automatically went to One Drive..no choice.Then not accessible to Lightroom. How can I delete one drive from my computer?...
  8. One drive leaves no choice.

One drive leaves no choice.: One drive leaves no choice. I downloaded some photos and they automatically went to One Drive..no choice.Then not accessible to Lightroom. How can I delete one drive from my computer?...
  9. Leaving Windows Insider Program Dev

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Leaving Windows Insider Program Dev: So I have decided to leave Windows Insider Program Dev Channel. My child unknowingly updated to the latest Win preview release 26100 an now my WMR headset no longer works. I'm guessing the only way to start using Mixed Reality again is to do a clean windows install. Here's my...
  10. My optional data and feedback doesn't save when i leave that tab when im trying to enable...

in Windows 10 Customization
    My optional data and feedback doesn't save when i leave that tab when im trying to enable...: Hey, I'm trying to acess the windows 11 on my computer, but for that I need to get windows insider but when I'm going to enable my optional diagnose data when I go to the windows insider tab it says the same thing but when I go to the tab again its like the mandatory diagnose...