Windows 10: Is there any other way to leave feedback...???

Discus and support Is there any other way to leave feedback...??? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Their feedback app, a freakin' metro app, will not run for me as I have user account control disabled via registry. But I have a ton of feedback for... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Rickkins, Oct 2, 2014.

1. Rickkins Win User

Is there any other way to leave feedback...???

Their feedback app, a freakin' metro app, will not run for me as I have user account control disabled via registry.

But I have a ton of feedback for them.....*Biggrin

Thanks.

:)

Rickkins, Oct 2, 2014

2. Is there any other way to update wp 8 phone other than Wi-fi

We are not privy to the road map Vaniko and I can't even speculate on what is to come. What I am sure of is that they are constantly working on improving Windows Phone so we will see more and more added functionality as the OS matures.

Jack Cook - aka Help_Line, Oct 2, 2014
  3. Is there any other way to update wp 8 phone other than Wi-fi

WP8 updates cannot be installed via your computer.

I would never use cellular data because of the amount of data used but more importantly the ability to have a consistent connection during the update. Just a personal preference but my advice is to find a WiFi network to use.

You want to
    read this FAQ
    :

How do I update my phone software?

We periodically release Windows Phone software updates to add new features you've asked for and to maximize your phone's performance. When a software update is available for you to download, we'll notify you so you can download it directly to your phone
    over a
    Wi-Fi or cellular data connection
    . To see what features or improvements have been added in the latest update, see

Windows Phone 8 update history

Before you download and install an update:

• Make sure your phone is well-charged, so you don't lose power during the update.
    • If you're worried about cellular data charges, use Wi-Fi and manually download the update. See

How can I minimize my data usage?
      to learn more.
    • Make sure you have enough storage space on your phone for the update. To check how much you have available, in the

App list
      , go to Settings
      Is there any other way to leave feedback...??? start-icon-settings.png
      >Phone storage. For more info about how to move things off your phone to make more room, see

Make room on my phone to update it

Jack Cook - aka Help_Line, Oct 2, 2014
  4. bromanbro Win User

What do you mean you have UAC disabled via registry? Does that disable you from running apps?

Even if you're running a local account, you can still choose to sign in on a "per app" basis (check the blue text), which retains your local account.

ps: You can leave feedback at the Tech preview forum: Windows - Microsoft Community

bromanbro, Oct 2, 2014
  5. Rickkins Win User
    That's correct, no metro app will run with uac turned off via registry.

Rickkins, Oct 2, 2014
  6. bromanbro Win User
    Whoh fast response! You can post feedback at Windows - Microsoft Community

Or Technet if you're running the Enterprise Edition/registered for that.

bromanbro, Oct 2, 2014
  7. Rickkins Win User
    I posted a message there. I was pretty frank....*Biggrin

Rickkins, Oct 2, 2014
  8. Ztruker Win User

Can you provide a link to your post there? Lot of activity there so it's hard to find stuff.

Ztruker, Oct 3, 2014
  9. The Feedback App is horrible.
    I use a Local Account.

When I tried to use it, I had to jump through various hoops.
    I couldn't remember or find the password for my TAFE MS account (requiring a password reset). *Redface
    I had to apply for a couple of security numbers.
    Once I got in (and after only a couple of steps) it looked suspiciously like it was going to convert my PC to a MS Account! *Eek

Looking at MS forums I've seen several people claim that is exactly what happened to them.

lehnerus2000, Oct 9, 2014
  10. Rickkins Win User
    Rickkins, Oct 10, 2014
  11. BunnyJ New Member
    "we"?? Make that I'm and then your post is much more accurate.
    Jeff

BunnyJ, Oct 10, 2014
  12. LittleJay Win User
    Hiya Jeff! Good to see you posting once again. *Biggrin

LittleJay, Oct 10, 2014
  13. Ztruker Win User

Ztruker, Oct 11, 2014
  14. Edwin New Member
    Likewise.
    I diligently tried to find effective and productive uses for Modern Apps on this desktop but so far have failed!
    Sorry MS! *Wink

Edwin, Oct 11, 2014
  15. If they provide a "Disable Metro" button for Desktop users and a "Disable Desktop" button for the Metro users, everyone should be happy. *Smile

lehnerus2000, Oct 11, 2014
Thema:

1. Is there any other way to leave feedback...??? - Similar Threads - leave feedback

2. Please Microsoft, leave Windows Search alone

in Windows 10 News
    Please Microsoft, leave Windows Search alone: Microsoft released a new preview build of the upcoming Windows 10 version 1903 feature update yesterday; it included, among other changes, a new top apps listing in Search. Windows 10 users who run the build get a list of popular applications that they use the most on the...
  3. LEAVE MY PC ALONE

in Windows 10 Customization
    LEAVE MY PC ALONE: Why Windows using all my Disk usage, im tired of this, Windows update, superfetech or whatever, delivery, widnows log, windows read WIDNOW WINDOWS WINODSW!!! can i use my pc for a bit if u dont mind??? i cant do anything, while playing i had lags because of WIndows, opening...
  4. Windows randomly restarts (crashes) leaves a few message.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows randomly restarts (crashes) leaves a few message.: My Windows 10 PC restarts randomly in recent days. For most of times, my windows only reports an error of "windows didn't turn off normally". But sometimes it also reports a hardware error. In addtion, I cannot get any dumpfile under the %SystemRoot% folder. I reinstall...
  5. leaving a family account as a chil

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    leaving a family account as a chil: is there any possible way I could leave the family as a child because I have no way to get onto the adult account to get myself to leave https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/leaving-a-family-account-as-a-chil/ec7576c1-530b-4de3-abe3-e7b4f4982118"
  6. I can't leave this site

in Windows 10 Customization
    I can't leave this site: For Christmas I got this latop and the Microsoft Office Personal 1-year subscription. But I went on my laptop yesterday and it was on this Microsoft app(the one I'm in right now) and I can't leave this app but I think it wants me to buy a new 1-year subscription but I have...
  7. How do I leave??

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How do I leave??: How do I leave this app?? There is no exit button and I don't know what to do . :C https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-leave/b9a82287-1102-45c5-87e9-768e30689299
  8. Windows 10 recent update leaves my all in one pc with a blue screen of death and will not...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 recent update leaves my all in one pc with a blue screen of death and will not...: Hello there, I am having some major issues with a recent update that has left my HP All in One PC with a blue screen stating the following: Recovery Your PC/Device needs to be repaired. a required device isn't connected or can't be accessed. Error code: 0xc000000f. It then...
  9. Should I leave real time anti virus scanning on?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Should I leave real time anti virus scanning on?: So the main antivirus software I use is McAfee SecurityCenter that I downloaded from att.net. I can choose to leave real-time virus scanning (where it scans a file every time I use it) on or turn it off. McAfee highly recommends leaving it on and gives me a big red warning...
  10. Want to reinstall windows 10 and leave organization.

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Want to reinstall windows 10 and leave organization.: So I bought a computer and the previous owner told me he had bought windows 10 but today I found out he had been using some organization which gives him free windows. I want to support the developers by buying it. Can I reset windows and leave the organization without losing...