Is there any other way to leave feedback...???

Discus and support Is there any other way to leave feedback...??? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Their feedback app, a freakin' metro app, will not run for me as I have user account control disabled via registry. But I have a ton of feedback for... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Rickkins, Oct 2, 2014.

1. Rickkins Win User

Their feedback app, a freakin' metro app, will not run for me as I have user account control disabled via registry.

But I have a ton of feedback for them.....*Biggrin

Thanks.

:)

Rickkins, Oct 2, 2014
  2. Jack Cook - aka Help_Line Win User

Is there any other way to update wp 8 phone other than Wi-fi

We are not privy to the road map Vaniko and I can't even speculate on what is to come. What I am sure of is that they are constantly working on improving Windows Phone so we will see more and more added functionality as the OS matures.

Jack Cook - aka Help_Line, Oct 2, 2014
  3. Jack Cook - aka Help_Line Win User
    Is there any other way to update wp 8 phone other than Wi-fi

WP8 updates cannot be installed via your computer.

I would never use cellular data because of the amount of data used but more importantly the ability to have a consistent connection during the update. Just a personal preference but my advice is to find a WiFi network to use.

You want to
    read this FAQ
    :

How do I update my phone software?

We periodically release Windows Phone software updates to add new features you've asked for and to maximize your phone's performance. When a software update is available for you to download, we'll notify you so you can download it directly to your phone
    over a
    Wi-Fi or cellular data connection
    . To see what features or improvements have been added in the latest update, see

Windows Phone 8 update history

Before you download and install an update:

• Make sure your phone is well-charged, so you don't lose power during the update.
    • If you're worried about cellular data charges, use Wi-Fi and manually download the update. See

How can I minimize my data usage?
      to learn more.
    • Make sure you have enough storage space on your phone for the update. To check how much you have available, in the

App list
      , go to Settings
      Is there any other way to leave feedback...??? start-icon-settings.png
      >Phone storage. For more info about how to move things off your phone to make more room, see

Make room on my phone to update it

Jack Cook - aka Help_Line, Oct 2, 2014
  4. bromanbro Win User

What do you mean you have UAC disabled via registry? Does that disable you from running apps?

Even if you're running a local account, you can still choose to sign in on a "per app" basis (check the blue text), which retains your local account.

ps: You can leave feedback at the Tech preview forum: Windows - Microsoft Community

bromanbro, Oct 2, 2014
  5. Rickkins Win User
    That's correct, no metro app will run with uac turned off via registry.

Rickkins, Oct 2, 2014
  6. bromanbro Win User
    Whoh fast response! You can post feedback at Windows - Microsoft Community

Or Technet if you're running the Enterprise Edition/registered for that.

bromanbro, Oct 2, 2014
  7. Rickkins Win User
    I posted a message there. I was pretty frank....*Biggrin

Rickkins, Oct 2, 2014
  8. Ztruker Win User

Can you provide a link to your post there? Lot of activity there so it's hard to find stuff.

Ztruker, Oct 3, 2014
  9. lehnerus2000 Win User
    The Feedback App is horrible.
    I use a Local Account.

When I tried to use it, I had to jump through various hoops.
    I couldn't remember or find the password for my TAFE MS account (requiring a password reset). *Redface
    I had to apply for a couple of security numbers.
    Once I got in (and after only a couple of steps) it looked suspiciously like it was going to convert my PC to a MS Account! *Eek

Looking at MS forums I've seen several people claim that is exactly what happened to them.

lehnerus2000, Oct 9, 2014
  10. Rickkins Win User
    Rickkins, Oct 10, 2014
  11. BunnyJ New Member
    "we"?? Make that I'm and then your post is much more accurate.
    Jeff

BunnyJ, Oct 10, 2014
  12. LittleJay Win User
    Hiya Jeff! Good to see you posting once again. *Biggrin

LittleJay, Oct 10, 2014
  13. Ztruker Win User

Ztruker, Oct 11, 2014
  14. Edwin New Member
    Likewise.
    I diligently tried to find effective and productive uses for Modern Apps on this desktop but so far have failed!
    Sorry MS! *Wink

Edwin, Oct 11, 2014
  15. lehnerus2000 Win User
    If they provide a "Disable Metro" button for Desktop users and a "Disable Desktop" button for the Metro users, everyone should be happy. *Smile

lehnerus2000, Oct 11, 2014
Thema:

1. Is there any other way to leave feedback...??? - Similar Threads - leave feedback

2. Windows snapping leaving gap and white bar

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows snapping leaving gap and white bar: When I snap a window by hitting it at the top of the screen it will maximize but if I do it again it will leave a gap and a white bar. Also the window is lower than it should be Help? Thanks :)[ATTACH]...
  3. screen goes blank after leaving my laptop on for some time,then i fold my laptop and then...

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    screen goes blank after leaving my laptop on for some time,then i fold my laptop and then...: Screen goes blank after I left it on after using it for some time. Then I folds my laptop and then unfolds it ,it starts working...
  4. no camera / leave my homegroup

in Windows 10 Customization
    no camera / leave my homegroup: I need to know: 1. find my camera / after 1803 installation I no longer can find my camera 2. how to exit homegroup? Delete it? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-other_settings/no-camera-leave-my-homegroup/721e2235-c39b-4818-bcaf-dfce14c5eb2b
  5. Leaving Insider

in Windows 10 Support
    Leaving Insider: A week ago I reactivated a laptop which was running an Insider build of 1803 and got this straight away and several times per session since - [img] - problem is July 2 was three weeks ago and WU seems to think the laptop is already on 1803 so isn't offering it. As you can...
  6. New SSD optimization and leaving free space at end

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    New SSD optimization and leaving free space at end: I just installed a new 1000GB ssd in my laptop (only drive) and it's working great. I am guessing this is where I should ask questions about optimization. Based on what I read on the web I have Disabled indexing on all drives disabled hibernate (powercfg -h off) checked that...
  7. Can you leave Windows 10 dictation on indefinitely until you stop it?

in Windows 10 Customization
    Can you leave Windows 10 dictation on indefinitely until you stop it?: Hi, When I have used the dictation feature in Windows 10, if I don't say anything for maybe 10 seconds, dictation stops on its own. I would like to leave dictation on for a long period of time with many periods of silence. Can you change a setting so that dictation will...
  8. Factory Reset leaves traces of previous users

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Factory Reset leaves traces of previous users: I did a full Windows 10 Reset and loaned my machine to a Polish friend. When he returned it to me, I did a Full Windows reset including wiping the drive. When the machine finished the reset process, the first Windows 10 setup screen offered me English or Polski(Polish) as a...
  9. Computer Restartsts after Sleep or Leaving it Alone for 15 minutes

in Windows 10 Support
    Computer Restartsts after Sleep or Leaving it Alone for 15 minutes: For the past month or so I have this recurring problem: after the computer is left alone turned on for about 15 minutes, it goes to sleep, or something like that. And when I try to wake it up pressing the power button it REBOOTS (instead of waking up, or at least waking up...
  10. Windows 10: Update 1803 failed - leaves machine unusable

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10: Update 1803 failed - leaves machine unusable: Hi, Spent all day yesterday trying to recover from a failed update on a 64bit Lenovo laptop that was completely up to date before starting the upgrade to 1803 a couple of days ago. I left the upgrade working overnight. Here's the screen after I enter my login, password and...