Windows 10: Is there any other way to leave feedback...???

Discus and support Is there any other way to leave feedback...??? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Although I prefer and did setup a local account for win 8-8.1 and win-10TP I don't see the issue with having a ms account which I also use for the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Rickkins, Oct 2, 2014.

1. Is there any other way to leave feedback...???

Although I prefer and did setup a local account for win 8-8.1 and win-10TP I don't see the issue with having a ms account which I also use for the obvious free email service but also for TechNet and Answers forums to help others not necessarily as portal for windows Feedback only the feedback app is using the ms account *Wink

ThrashZone, Oct 11, 2014

2. Some people find it annoying and intrusive that all sites (it seems like all) demand "your entire life history".
    I know I do.

I don't remember SevenForums, EightForums or this forum "grilling me".

Couple that with the lax security that megacorps use and it's a recipe for constant spamming if not something worse (e.g. identity theft, stalking, etc.).

I have a stupid number of useless accounts/passwords. *Sad

There is also the issue of companies "accidentally" collecting more info than they claimed they were going to collect.

Imagine if businesses did this with their real world stores.
    Would you shop at a supermarket if they made you bring in and show them your entire life history, before allowing you to enter?

lehnerus2000, Oct 12, 2014
  3. Tony K Win User
  4. Is there any other way to leave feedback...???

Oh?

Yahoo and Google regularly demand my mobile phone number (they are s*** out of luck on that front).

Yahoo has been getting worked over by malware for the last couple of weeks (look it up).
    Their search feature has been out of commission on multiple occasions (presumably as a result).

Google was transferring its "purloined" data unencrypted (look it up).

Google and Apple were caught "accidentally" collecting/storing more data than they had indicated.

lehnerus2000, Oct 12, 2014
  5. Edwin New Member

Edwin, Oct 12, 2014
  6. Tony K Win User
    I was speaking of "your entire life history". I think that to be exaggerated. Necessary information is all. I somewhat agree with the rest.

Not sure as to why Yahoo and Google regularly demand your mobile phone number. Mine is stored in my MS account to receive texts for multiphase secure account entry. Even at that when viewing it only shows the last four digits.

If you're referring to "purloined data unencrypted" as to their roaming "evilmobiles", then that's old news. No, on one hand they nor anyone should be collecting unencrypted WiFi broadcast, but on the other hand anyone that uses unsecured, non passworded WiFi have holes in their heads.

We go through life learning who we can trust and who we can't, but we can't judge one with the bad reputation to another. Never had an Apple account so I can't speak about it, but Yahoo and Google I wouldn't trust whatsoever with their track record. I don't use either. I closed my Google account when I bought my Lumia WP8.

In my prior post in which I explained that my bank card was compromised at two separate corporation stores this past six months it's that they continue to use the unsupported XP. It wasn't anything stored in an online account, but rather my bank card number that was stored in a database by swiping it on a reader at a cash register station. That's mainly what the thieves are after. I'm speculating that they could care less about any other information other than the name and security code that goes along with the card.That's all really worthless once the card is cancelled and my bank issues another one. An inconvenience in that I have to wait for it to arrive via snail mail and then the pin sent separately a few days later, although I can use the card on a reader to make purchases. The pin is for obtaining cash at an ATM, of which I use another ATM card in the mean time. I simply don't carry around a lot of cash to make a major purchase during the wait for that's not safe either, especially around here in Chitown!

The point of all this is that not ever has any of my online accounts ever been compromised, although I know that happens. Lucky I guess. It's been through swiping my bank card and the info stored on that particular database. That's info that I really don't give them permission to store other than using the card. I can understand that, but it should be eliminated within a reasonable amount of time. I can see no reason to store it once the digital money has been transferred into their account. With relation to the speed of light, it could be performed within a matter of seconds.

I called both corporate offices seeking information as to why they continue to use the unsupported XP on their systems. I get the corporate pat answer from a call center of "We continue to monitor and upgrade our systems to keep your information safe, Sir". Wow! That gives me a lot of confidence!

Calling one of the local stores and talking to the systems IT pro there told me that they replaced all their card readers with new ones with a "special security chip". I asked what that had to do with storing info on a database. "I'm not sure" she said. Again, not a whole lot of confidence there either.

Unless they have a contract with MS to support their XP system the snakes will continue to hack the system the way I see it. I simply won't use my card at those stores as long as they are using XP.

Tony K, Oct 12, 2014
  7. I hear y'all google cell number = Yea right *Wink
    I dumped Yahoo long ago because they just purely stink *Wink

ThrashZone, Oct 12, 2014
  8. Is there any other way to leave feedback...???

Fair enough.
    I should have put that bit in quotes (I have edited the comment to include quotes). *Smile

These days any site that wants more than a Username, Password and valid email address I tend to ignore and not revisit.
    I don't shop online, so no one needs to know my geographical address or landline number.

There are still a few sites that will allow you comment anonymously though (i.e. no sign up).

They claim it is so they can send me a new password via SMS.
    For some reason they think everyone surfs the web using a phone.
    I suspect a more annoying and/or sinister motive.

TAFE made us sign up to Google to complete the SEO subject.
    A few of us were outraged.
    Worse, we had to jump through hoops because we couldn't/wouldn't supply one. *Mad

Google was transferring its data between its own data centres unencrypted.

There was an article about it on ZDNet(?) about it earlier this year (or late last year).
    I think it was revealed by the Snowden documents (not sure).

My Yahoo email account got hit by some sort of spambot twice in two months (~5 years ago).

It had to be a bot, as the emails were obviously spam (even a kid could have created better emails).
    The info wasn't transferred anywhere (as far as I can tell) because there haven't been any issues since.

Both times I checked my PC with multiple programs (AM & AV).
    I also tried some of the online AV scanners.
    No malware was detected.

My final conclusions were, I had caught by a "man in the middle" attack or that Yahoo was compromised at that time.

I deleted my Address book to deal with the issue.

lehnerus2000, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

Is there any other way to leave feedback...???

1. Is there any other way to leave feedback...??? - Similar Threads - leave feedback

2. Family restrictions still apply after leaving.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Family restrictions still apply after leaving.: I am 19, soon 20. I have family restrictions on for an unknown reason, and it prevents me doing basic things for university and such, or using a browser that isn't Microsoft Edge. I cannot contact the "owner" of the family, as it is an old childhood friend's unused email, and...
  3. Family restrictions still apply after leaving.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Family restrictions still apply after leaving.: I am 19, soon 20. I have family restrictions on for an unknown reason, and it prevents me doing basic things for university and such, or using a browser that isn't Microsoft Edge. I cannot contact the "owner" of the family, as it is an old childhood friend's unused email, and...
  4. Family restrictions still apply after leaving.

in User Accounts and Family Safety
  5. My pc keeps booting into bios and when I leave bios it just boots back into bios

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My pc keeps booting into bios and when I leave bios it just boots back into bios: So today I booted up my pc to get on the game then my pc crashed and sent me to bios on start up and I thought that was weird cause it never happed to me before and now I can’t get out of it please help...
  6. My pc keeps booting into bios and when I leave bios it just boots back into bios

My pc keeps booting into bios and when I leave bios it just boots back into bios: So today I booted up my pc to get on the game then my pc crashed and sent me to bios on start up and I thought that was weird cause it never happed to me before and now I can’t get out of it please help...
  7. My pc keeps booting into bios and when I leave bios it just boots back into bios

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
  8. why can't i leave

in Windows 10 Gaming
    why can't i leave: why can i not leave? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-cant-i-leave/0ea3ba34-0fa6-4d6a-9ba2-e6cc8522fcf7
  9. why can't i leave

why can't i leave: why can i not leave? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-cant-i-leave/0ea3ba34-0fa6-4d6a-9ba2-e6cc8522fcf7
  10. My optional data and feedback doesn't save when i leave that tab when im trying to enable...

in Windows 10 Customization
    My optional data and feedback doesn't save when i leave that tab when im trying to enable...: Hey, I'm trying to acess the windows 11 on my computer, but for that I need to get windows insider but when I'm going to enable my optional diagnose data when I go to the windows insider tab it says the same thing but when I go to the tab again its like the mandatory diagnose...