Windows 10: Is there any possible way to disable windows 10 updater?

Discus and support Is there any possible way to disable windows 10 updater? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Alright, so every single god damn day now, ( this has been going on for the past 6 months ) I need to wait 2 hours daily when powering on my laptop,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Evil_Horseradish, Dec 19, 2019.

1. Is there any possible way to disable windows 10 updater?

Alright, so every single god damn day now, ( this has been going on for the past 6 months ) I need to wait 2 hours daily when powering on my laptop, for the installing updates screen then it will fail, and say undoing changes etc.

I am looking for a proper solution to fix this issue,

I've done everything suggested on youtube to fix this, Regedit, task manager, deleting downloaded updated, trying update trouble shooter, re-installing windows 10 at least 30 times this past 3 months, even changed wifi settings to metered, nothing stops this more then 1 or 2 days, even freshly installed.

I am quite knowledge with computers and used to fix em years ago, so I know It's not hardware related, and i've even changed hard drives to make sure it was not getting corrupt.

Has anybody heard of a 3rd party program or a virus designed to disable this god damn update?

This is a offline only laptop gaming computer, I have no need for security update, or any patches or anything to do with windows 10. MY main issue is when I reformat my offline desktop, i have to connect online to steam to download games and direct X, and during this time.. Windows will start downloading the kb files i guess which always fail 100% no matter what and force my computer into 2 hour boot cycles, every time I turn off this computer.

What can I do to stop it? I would go back to windows 7, but quite a few games don't work under it.. and I can't set up my computer for a few hours without connecting online to get the games from steam when formatted the hard drive.. so i can't break the cycle.

I am hoping someone has heard of a virus or something designed to disable this aspect? Anyone?

submitted by /u/Evil_Horseradish
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/Evil_Horseradish, Dec 19, 2019
  2. DRDNA Win User

Windows 10 Creators Update Available for Download

Not sure about the games you listed but no probs with Dirt Rally and benching heavensward-bench here for me. I'm going to test 3DMark too in a few minutes.

DRDNA, Dec 19, 2019
  3. chispy Win User
    Creative X-Fi Soundcards and Windows 10 Fall Creators Update 1709 = Complete Disaster / Not Working

Thank you for trying to help , i did tried your suggestion but it did not work :/ , nothing seems to make it work on Windows 10 Fall Creators Update 1709. In the meantime i have bought a new SoundBlasterX AE-5 and it did installed flawlessly , no problems whatsoever. it is up to Creative ( drivers ) and Microsoft ( bug fix ) to fix this huge bugs with Audio.

Kind Regards: Chispy

chispy, Dec 19, 2019
  4. Is there any possible way to disable windows 10 updater?

Windows 10 update being enabled.

Late to the party again... *Laugh :laugh:
    That would be incorrect. To disable updates, the service must be disabled. Windows Defender has a nasty habit of undoing users configs like that so you need to disable it first, then disable the update service.

If you're looking for an easy way to do this, see here;
    http://www.thewindowsclub.com/ultimate-windows-tweaker-4-windows-10
    There are all sorts of great config changes that can be made safely with that utility and all with just a couple of clicks. After setting changes a reboot will b e required, but that's to be expected.

lexluthermiester, Dec 19, 2019
Thema:

Is there any possible way to disable windows 10 updater?

1. Is there any possible way to disable windows 10 updater? - Similar Threads - possible disable updater

2. Is there any possible way of recovering a deleted file?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Is there any possible way of recovering a deleted file?: Is there a way of recovering a deleted file? I deleted it about a month ago from my desktop, its a keystore file for my game that i really need. I was an idiot and deleted it and now that im trying to update my game it doesnt let me since im using a new one and i need the...
  3. Is there any possible way of recovering a deleted file?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Is there any possible way of recovering a deleted file?: Is there a way of recovering a deleted file? I deleted it about a month ago from my desktop, its a keystore file for my game that i really need. I was an idiot and deleted it and now that im trying to update my game it doesnt let me since im using a new one and i need the...
  4. Is there a way to permanently disable Windows 10 updates?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Is there a way to permanently disable Windows 10 updates?: Hello, I have been having issues with windows updates as I have a 2GB/day data limit I usually pause the updates but after pausing I can`t seem to pause it permanently with methods on internet and updates resume eating my data limit. Is there a way to permanently disable the...
  5. Is there any way to disable Windows update notifcations?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Is there any way to disable Windows update notifcations?: I can't update Windows because I get an error every time I try. Something about the battery power being low. Is there a way to keep from getting notifications about it? submitted by /u/BIGxBOSSxx1 [link] [comments]...
  6. Any way to permanently disable Windows Defender?

Any way to permanently disable Windows Defender?: I've tried disabling it in settings, but it always turns itself back on after a few hours or after rebooting the computer. I've seen people online proposing .BAT files that supposedly permanently disable it, but this didn't work for me and it wound up turning itself back on...
  7. Any way to disable clipboard access to Windows 10 Sandbox?

Any way to disable clipboard access to Windows 10 Sandbox?: I want to start using Windows 10 Sandbox for connecting to my remote job -- I am a programmer/developer. Part of that job involves, at times, copying and pasting confidential data. Currently, I use a VM with clipboard access disabled to ensure that none of that data ends up...
  8. Any way to truly disable updates?

Any way to truly disable updates?: I have followed so many sets of instructions for completely disabling Windows updates. None of them work. Always, some day I wake up to a bricked computer. About 50% of automatic updates result in a login loop which I’ve spent 10 hours with support trying to solve and they...
  9. Ways to disable Windows 10 updates

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Ways to disable Windows 10 updates: The symptoms are getting worse... My laptop restarts for updates every 2-3 days now, during "active hours" and without notice. There seems to be no willingness from Microsoft to address this in the future. I have lost so much work and productivity already that the time has...
  10. Finally ! And, On Disabling Any And All Auto. Updates ? Possible ?

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Finally ! And, On Disabling Any And All Auto. Updates ? Possible ?: Hi, Got it (I think). Have a Dell XPS 8900, 2 years old. Home version of W10. Nothing fancy in setup. Thanks to all for ALL the help. Really appreciated. Question: Now that I think I've got it working, before I start installing all my Apps, etc., what are the...