Windows 10: Is there any possible ways not to delete files while installing custom windows

Discus and support Is there any possible ways not to delete files while installing custom windows in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Can i move my files to new partitions while custom windows install so they couldnt be deleted?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by dv158_69, Mar 20, 2019.

1. dv158_69 Win User

Is there any possible ways not to delete files while installing custom windows

Can i move my files to new partitions while custom windows install so they couldnt be deleted?

:)

dv158_69, Mar 20, 2019
  2. Anusha Win User

C windows installer folder - Delete?

He can do symbolic link redirection and move the files in it to a different location. *Wink Is there any possible ways not to delete files while installing custom windows ;)
    Better try it out in a virtual of first. Just a suggestion.

Like:
    First move everything in c:\windows\installer to d:\installercache
    Then delete c:\windows\installer folder
    Then type this in command mode as admin
    mklink /d c:\windows\installer d:\installercache

Removing those installer files is a bad idea. it might prevent you from updating or uninstalling apps.

Anusha, Mar 20, 2019
  3. windows xp installation and dual core am

could someone please list the steps they follow to install windows with a dual core processor and windows xp service pack to. I'm reletively new to amd dual core and i feel i'm missing a step. All help will be appreciated. thanx

exodusprime1337, Mar 20, 2019
  4. rk3066 Win User

Deleting the "SoftwareDistribution" Files

I noticed that "Depending on your HDD Space and you made sure your Updated on Windows 7" that you can delete all the Files "Going into Safe-Mode of course" but i saw a .Txt File that shows the Updates you've installed "That i deleted by mistake" but by deleting that File i saw the updates needed to be installed again but i knew weren't true.

So yeah what ya' think? Should this be a good idea? I saw that over 3GB worth of files!

rk3066, Mar 20, 2019
Thema:

1. Is there any possible ways not to delete files while installing custom windows - Similar Threads - possible ways delete

2. Is there any possible way of recovering a deleted file?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Is there any possible way of recovering a deleted file?: Is there a way of recovering a deleted file? I deleted it about a month ago from my desktop, its a keystore file for my game that i really need. I was an idiot and deleted it and now that im trying to update my game it doesnt let me since im using a new one and i need the...
  3. Is there any possible way of recovering a deleted file?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Is there any possible way of recovering a deleted file?: Is there a way of recovering a deleted file? I deleted it about a month ago from my desktop, its a keystore file for my game that i really need. I was an idiot and deleted it and now that im trying to update my game it doesnt let me since im using a new one and i need the...
  4. Is there any possible way of recovering a deleted file?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Is this possible to do FULL configured custom installation of Windows?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Is this possible to do FULL configured custom installation of Windows?: Hello there. I'm often installing fresh Windows 10 on peoples computer and configuring and installing all the programs almost the same way every time. I noticed I'm wasting a lot of time doing basically the same things everytime. I already created custom Windows setup...
  6. Is there a way to use custom hotkeys while fullscreen?

Is there a way to use custom hotkeys while fullscreen?: I'm trying to set up a custom hotkey to mute my mic while in fullscreen games. I have everything set in a powershell script, which is called by a batch file to use the script, and send a command to a global class it creates. That's all working fine. I created a shortcut to...
  7. Is there any possible way to disable windows 10 updater?

Is there any possible way to disable windows 10 updater?: Alright, so every single god damn day now, ( this has been going on for the past 6 months ) I need to wait 2 hours daily when powering on my laptop, for the installing updates screen then it will fail, and say undoing changes etc. I am looking for a proper solution to fix...
  8. Is there any possible way to downgrade to windows 7/8.0/8.1 without windows.old and while...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Is there any possible way to downgrade to windows 7/8.0/8.1 without windows.old and while...: I cant seem to find anything that will allow me to downgrade to windows 7/8/8.1 without losing all my data. Can someone please help? Thankyou....
  9. Is there any way to customize the folder icons in 'This PC'?

in Windows 10 Customization
    Is there any way to customize the folder icons in 'This PC'?: Hi, As the title says, I'm trying to change the default look of the folders located in 'This PC' (Desktop, Documents, Downloads, etc). By this I mean when viewing in 'This PC', and not in 'C:\User Data\', which has no problems. I have tried: - Editing windows.ini...
  10. Any way to make/add custom tiles?

in Windows 10 Support
    Any way to make/add custom tiles?: Is there anyway to make tiles for Win10? Pinning apps to the start menu looks horrible.. 10525