Windows 10: Is there any reason a laptop purchased as Open Box should have a windows 10 for Refurbished...

Discus and support Is there any reason a laptop purchased as Open Box should have a windows 10 for Refurbished... in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; Hi, I was asked by a friend to have a look at their laptop was running slow - it was bought just over a year ago as a new laptop, since then she has... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by Jonathan Brown Jon, Apr 4, 2020.

1. Is there any reason a laptop purchased as Open Box should have a windows 10 for Refurbished...

Hi,

I was asked by a friend to have a look at their laptop was running slow - it was bought just over a year ago as a new laptop, since then she has been told it was Open Box rather than actually Brand new. It has a 'Windows 10 Home for Refurbished PC' sticker on the bottom - is this correct? I thought that license should only be used on properly refurbished devices.

:)

Jonathan Brown Jon, Apr 4, 2020
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Apr 4, 2020
  3. Refurbished Dell laptop with windows 10

I had purchased a refurbished laptop from vip outlet with windows 10. The day i received the laptop the wifi worked great the following day it said limited no access. I need help. Please.

JamieAustinWV, Apr 4, 2020
  4. Is there any reason a laptop purchased as Open Box should have a windows 10 for Refurbished...

Open Box worth it?

refurbished is not the same as open box. refurbished means that they used parts to restore it to what they believe is its original condition. so i guess you could say that open box is similar, but with an "open box" item, someone has decided they dont want the product and return it, but you are trusting the distributor that they have made sure the product is still in premium condition.

devinXkillyou, Apr 4, 2020
Thema:

Is there any reason a laptop purchased as Open Box should have a windows 10 for Refurbished...

1. Is there any reason a laptop purchased as Open Box should have a windows 10 for Refurbished... - Similar Threads - reason laptop purchased

2. I bought an open-box laptop. Should I reset Windows?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I bought an open-box laptop. Should I reset Windows?: Some time ago I bought a cheap laptop, essentially a netbook, to ensure that if my main laptop stopped working, I would have a laptop to work on while my main laptop was being repaired. The box for the netbook had already been opened, i.e., the seal had been broken. However,...
  3. I bought an open-box laptop. Should I reset Windows?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I bought an open-box laptop. Should I reset Windows?: Some time ago I bought a cheap laptop, essentially a netbook, to ensure that if my main laptop stopped working, I would have a laptop to work on while my main laptop was being repaired. The box for the netbook had already been opened, i.e., the seal had been broken. However,...
  4. I bought an open-box laptop. Should I reset Windows?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Windows 10 Education on a Used Laptop and a Refurbished Laptop

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Windows 10 Education on a Used Laptop and a Refurbished Laptop: Hi,I have recently purchased a used laptop. When purchasing it, the seller reset it but I did not realize that it had Windows 10 Education installed on it. Then it asked to be activated which I could not do because I do not have a product key. This was a bit odd to me as I am...
  6. Windows 10 Education on a Used Laptop and a Refurbished Laptop

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 Education on a Used Laptop and a Refurbished Laptop: Hi,I have recently purchased a used laptop. When purchasing it, the seller reset it but I did not realize that it had Windows 10 Education installed on it. Then it asked to be activated which I could not do because I do not have a product key. This was a bit odd to me as I am...
  7. Windows 10 Education on a Used Laptop and a Refurbished Laptop

in Windows 10 Gaming
  8. Refurbished Laptop

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Refurbished Laptop: Hello. I recently bought a refurbished laptop (chose to have windows 10 Pro installed over original windows 7). First startup, put windows key in etc and was automatically logged in as "User". I created an Admin account (local), removed "User' and restarted. I was then auto...
  9. Activation of Windows 10 on a refurbished laptop

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Activation of Windows 10 on a refurbished laptop: I purchased a refurbished Toshiba laptop and tried to install Windows 10 but the laptop wouldn't accept my product code and gave the error code 0x80070057....
  10. Refurbished Laptop?

in Windows 10 Support
    Refurbished Laptop?: I'm considering getting a laptop for the first time. I have a desktop PC but I want something a bit more than a tablet and with a Windows 10 OS. These stream laptops I've seen only have 32gb hard drive storage and I'm looking for something with more capacity. How wise is it...