Windows 10: Is there any risk when enabling CMD.exe in Applocker?

Discus and support Is there any risk when enabling CMD.exe in Applocker? in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Hello everyone. We have a Mysql application called MYSQLDUMP that works to export information from MYsql databases, this program needs to use cmd.exe,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Nelson Mauricio Zamudio, Apr 8, 2021.

1. Is there any risk when enabling CMD.exe in Applocker?

Hello everyone.
    We have a Mysql application called MYSQLDUMP that works to export information from MYsql databases, this program needs to use cmd.exe, but the applocker blocks it.

Is there any risk if we enable said CMD.exe?
    Thanks for the help.

:)

Nelson Mauricio Zamudio, Apr 8, 2021

2. Applocker

I block the IE just for testing
    But now its block all exe file and i run the default rule.
    I want that regular user will be able to install exe files
    But applocker block all exe
    any suggestion ?

alexxx55555, Apr 8, 2021
  3. Paola Gar Win User
    applocker publisher information cannot extracted Windows 10 only

Hi,

In order for us to know where the issue is coming from, we'd like to get the following information:

• Is this the first time that you'll be using AppLocker in Windows 10?
    • Have you made any changes or applied an update to your device before the issue occurred?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you tried so far?
    • If possible, kindly send us a screenshot of the complete error message you're getting and the AppLocker you're using.

Looking forward to your response.

Paola Gar, Apr 8, 2021
  4. das10 Win User

Is there any risk when enabling CMD.exe in Applocker?

Applocker

Sorry, I didn't realise that applocker applies to Enterprise and Education Versions only, as I can't restrict any programs using applocker on Windows 10 Pro, and I don't have any Enterprise or Education versions to test anything on.

Use AppLocker to Allow or Block Executable Files in Windows 10
    Use AppLocker to Block Microsoft Store Apps in Windows 10
    Quote:
    "This tutorial will show you how to use AppLocker to allow or block specified executable (.exe and .com) files to run for all or specific users and groups in Windows 10 Enterprise and Windows 10 Education."

das10, Apr 8, 2021
Thema:

Is there any risk when enabling CMD.exe in Applocker?

1. Is there any risk when enabling CMD.exe in Applocker? - Similar Threads - risk enabling CMD

2. Can not access any exe, including cmd nor registry

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can not access any exe, including cmd nor registry: I could not access any exe filegave me the option to choose the app to open it with, so I wrote in cmd "assoc.exe=exefile" and restarted my laptop, resulting into not being able to open any app anymore, but the settings. I can not open cmd, nor task manager same thing,...
  3. Can not access any exe, including cmd nor registry

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can not access any exe, including cmd nor registry: I could not access any exe filegave me the option to choose the app to open it with, so I wrote in cmd "assoc.exe=exefile" and restarted my laptop, resulting into not being able to open any app anymore, but the settings. I can not open cmd, nor task manager same thing,...
  4. Can not access any exe, including cmd nor registry

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. Unable to open regedit, cmd or any .exe files

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to open regedit, cmd or any .exe files: Hi, I am encountering a problem that the default app of .exe files has been changed.While I did some research that many of the solutions suggest that I can reset it via cmd or regedit. However, my oc doesn't let me open any of those.Everytime I choose to open regedit or cmd....
  6. Unable to open regedit, cmd or any .exe files

Unable to open regedit, cmd or any .exe files: Hi, I am encountering a problem that the default app of .exe files has been changed.While I did some research that many of the solutions suggest that I can reset it via cmd or regedit. However, my oc doesn't let me open any of those.Everytime I choose to open regedit or cmd....
  7. Unable to open regedit, cmd or any .exe files

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  8. How to enable CMD auto completion for .exe files in path variable and commands?

in Windows 10 Customization
    How to enable CMD auto completion for .exe files in path variable and commands?: From what i can tell CMD doesn't have this functionality but that would seem like a huge oversight if that's true...Auto completion works for files in my working directory but not for files in path like ping, ipconfig, etc. Not even for built in commands like echo, dir, and...
  9. Applocker

Applocker: Hi all, I disable access to IE using applocker but now its blocking all exe files on the system There is solution for this? Thanks 152683
  10. Can't launch any .exe file, not even regedit and cmd

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Can't launch any .exe file, not even regedit and cmd: Some of my apps were not launching so I followed a Youtube tutorial and changed a value in .exe folder in registry but nothing changed so I went back and reversed the changes in registry. After doing that I cannot launch any .exe file, neither regedit nor cmd. And no system...