Windows 10: Is there any secret way to change/remove the permission from any file?

Discus and support Is there any secret way to change/remove the permission from any file? in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Hello Everyone, I was using windows 7 and then for some reason, I had to Install Windows 10! From there the problem beginning to occur! I did... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by ShahariarKhan, Dec 9, 2018.

1. Is there any secret way to change/remove the permission from any file?

Hello Everyone,

I was using windows 7 and then for some reason, I had to Install Windows 10! From there the problem beginning to occur! I did everything right, I used windows 10 before and I am installing windows since 2009. so there is no problem in my windows installing! After I installed windows 10, very of my important file got locked (there is a lock icon on them). I can't change the name, move them or can't even change the decryption. I've changed the permission from the security tab in all the way possible. Installed windows 10 again, then went back to windows 7 but nothing, everything is locked!

I tried every solution I can find on the internet! Used every software to remove the permission but still nothing! Also, I scanned my whole computer for virus and removed them!

Is there anyone who faced the problem like this? If there is, Please give me a solution to get them back! They are my lifetime works data.

Is this file/folder corrupted, Broken, Wasted? Even if it is, then please let me know that too!

Thank you for your help everyone!

:)

ShahariarKhan, Dec 9, 2018
  2. tom acito Win User

how to change folder and file permissions in windows 10

this is for a file... how for a folder and ALL subfolders and files

thanks.

tom acito, Dec 9, 2018
  3. how to change folder and file permissions in windows 10

Hi David,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft Community.

• Are you trying to give permission to particular files and folders?
    I suggest you to follow the below step and check if it helps.

• Once you choose the file that you want to give permission, right click on it.
    • Click on properties and go to security tab, check whether any permission have been set.
    • After you have viewed the permissions that are already set, you can now click on the Advanced Button that is right below the "Permissions for Authenticated Users"
    • Once you have clicked Advanced, a box like this should appear, the "Permission Entries" box, which shows all the permissions that are set for the users. Now, after you have spotted the user whose permissions you wish to change, click "Change Permissions.
    • Click on the user you would like to edit, and then click the option that says "Change Permissions" which is right below the box.
    • Once that is clicked, you are going to get the same box pop up, but this time, you can actually edit the options. You do that by clicking the "Administrators" user again, and this time, you are going to click the "Edit" option.
    Hope this information was helpful and do let us know if you need further assistance. We will be glad to assist.

Karthicka_R, Dec 9, 2018
  4. Is there any secret way to change/remove the permission from any file?

No permissions

Hi,

I would suggest you to right click on the user's folder for your profile and check if the permissions shows as "read only'. If this is the case, it might be causing the issue. In this case, I would suggest you to go to C:\User folder, right click on the
    folder with your username and follow these steps:

• Open the properties of the main user profile folder where the files are located (such as Documents, Pictures, etc).
    • Go to the Security tab and click Advanced.
    • Check the box at the bottom of this window. It is labeled "Replace all child object permissions with inheritable permissions from this object" and then click Ok.
    This does a one-time action that replaces the security on all the files/subfolders. It’s one-time, so you won’t find that box checked if you peek at it later. Try these steps and let us know the results for further assistance.

Bennet Martin, Dec 9, 2018
Thema:

Is there any secret way to change/remove the permission from any file?

1. Is there any secret way to change/remove the permission from any file? - Similar Threads - secret change remove

2. Is there any way to remove the ".mpal" ransomware and recover files!?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Is there any way to remove the ".mpal" ransomware and recover files!?: Guys i need help i accidently download this file and now most of my data has been encrypted by .mpal ransomware..Is there any way to fix this.?...
  3. Unable to remove device in any way.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Unable to remove device in any way.: Gear IconX C54DRemove FailedGear IconX C54D is my Bluetooth earphone. I tried to uninstall the device because it didn't work, but "remove failed" appears. so I deleted all directly related devices in Device Manager. However as you can see, the device is still not removed,...
  4. Any way to remove these from start menu?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Any way to remove these from start menu?: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/MindOfErick [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/le9nta/any_way_to_remove_these_from_start_menu/
  5. Is there any way to sort files any way I want in a folder?

Is there any way to sort files any way I want in a folder?: Any way to do this or am I limited to only date, size, and type? submitted by /u/greatbuy99 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/kjf5e8/is_there_any_way_to_sort_files_any_way_i_want_in/
  6. Any way to change this?

Any way to change this?: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/gran172 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/jfoy62/any_way_to_change_this/
  7. any way to change the emojis?

any way to change the emojis?: i don't actually have any problem with microsoft's emojis or anything, i just would prefer to have something like google's noto emojis if there's any possible way? submitted by /u/Funny_Pupper [link] [comments]...
  8. Files are getting removed completely from PC without any permission

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Files are getting removed completely from PC without any permission: I save videos from a game I play with a lot of friends and I've had some really funny and awesome videos on the folder. Just recently for some reason, some of the videos are getting COMPLETELY removed and there's no way to recover them. I have a bought, signed in version of...
  9. Any way to change the highlight colour in File Explorer?

in Windows 10 Customization
    Any way to change the highlight colour in File Explorer?: I've just got Windows 10, and I like a lot of things about it, including things related to the appearance. However the highlight colour in File Explorer is a light blue which is not all that different to the background colour. It's not easy to see at a glance which files are...
  10. Any working way to remove Cortana?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Any working way to remove Cortana?: Is there a way to completely remove Cortana? I disabled it, but it keeps running in the background. I did find some suggestions to remove it, but it also removes the search and causes problems to other stuff. So is there a working way by now to do that? Thanks! 38858