Windows 10: Is there any sort of plugin that lets me quickly look up a selected word (similar to Mac)

Discus and support Is there any sort of plugin that lets me quickly look up a selected word (similar to Mac) in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; A while ago I had to switch from MacOS to Windows and so far everything's been great. But one thing I do miss is the feature in MacOS which lets you... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/ViperSA124, Dec 3, 2020.

1. Is there any sort of plugin that lets me quickly look up a selected word (similar to Mac)

A while ago I had to switch from MacOS to Windows and so far everything's been great. But one thing I do miss is the feature in MacOS which lets you look up the definition of a selected word by right-clicking on it.

I was wondering if there is any sort of program for Windows that allows me to do a similar thing.

Thank you very much

submitted by /u/ViperSA124
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/ViperSA124, Dec 3, 2020

2. Word on Mac and Windows

Thanks for this reply.

It is not keeping same fonts in both versions, but you see the equations, line spacing, etc., are changed and the file in Mac looks stupid.

I will try to attach photos of both later.

Another problem, in Word windows , you can choose

Options, Advanced, Show document content, Numeral: Arabic, Hindi, Context, System

These steps are missing in Word Mac

Best Regards

WaheedAlmasry, Dec 3, 2020
  3. Garmin 20 Cant add Garmin communicator Plugin to my Window 10 for Geocaching

Hi,

The issue might occur if the plugin is not compatible with the Operating System. I suggest you to install the plugin in compatibility mode by following the steps below and check if it helps.

• Download the setup files from the manufacturer’s website and save it on your local disk.
    • Right click on the setup file of the driver and select
      “Properties”.
    • Select “Compatibility” Tab.
    • Place a check mark next to“Run this program in Compatibility mode” and select operating system from the drop down list.
    • Let the plugin install and then check thefunctionality.

If issue persists I would suggest you to contact Garmin support and check for latest update:

Garmin | Deutschland | Support-Center

Hope this helps. Keep us posted on the status for further assistance.

Eeshwar Kumar, Dec 3, 2020
  4. Is there any sort of plugin that lets me quickly look up a selected word (similar to Mac)

IrfanView + Plugin Pack

I'd suggest IrfanView + Plugin Pack (I've used it for ~10 years).

It lets you:
    • View images (multiple formats)
    • View videos (multiple formats)
    • Listen to audio (multiple formats)
    • Read txt & pdf files (probably other types too)
    It's is one of the first programs I install in my Windows OS installs.

lehnerus2000, Dec 3, 2020
Thema:

Is there any sort of plugin that lets me quickly look up a selected word (similar to Mac)

1. Is there any sort of plugin that lets me quickly look up a selected word (similar to Mac) - Similar Threads - sort plugin lets

2. Word on Mac suddenly very small with some sort of cursor to left

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Word on Mac suddenly very small with some sort of cursor to left: Whenever I open a new Word Doc, the area to use is squeezed into a small are top left, above a sort of cursor?? Using a mac desktok Monterey OSIt only gets to a sensible size if I magnify to well over 200%. I dont know how this happened - Help!...
  3. Word on Mac suddenly very small with some sort of cursor to left

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Word on Mac suddenly very small with some sort of cursor to left: Whenever I open a new Word Doc, the area to use is squeezed into a small are top left, above a sort of cursor?? Using a mac desktok Monterey OSIt only gets to a sensible size if I magnify to well over 200%. I dont know how this happened - Help!...
  4. Word for Mac

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Word for Mac: I recently downloaded office Word for my new macbook pro. the spell checker and grammar checker are greyed out and not functioning. How can I turn them on? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/word-for-mac/0b7d0e7a-e255-40ed-bfc7-8f9433179a67
  5. Word for Mac

Word for Mac: I recently downloaded office Word for my new macbook pro. the spell checker and grammar checker are greyed out and not functioning. How can I turn them on? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/word-for-mac/0b7d0e7a-e255-40ed-bfc7-8f9433179a67
  6. four finger gesture similar to mac

in Windows 10 Gaming
    four finger gesture similar to mac: I had a Mac before switching to windows recently and every is going great. One thing that keeps bugging me is the four finger swipe gesture to change desktops WHEN a second monitor is connected.Previously, depending on where my mouse was laptop or external monitor when I...
  7. four finger gesture similar to mac

four finger gesture similar to mac: I had a Mac before switching to windows recently and every is going great. One thing that keeps bugging me is the four finger swipe gesture to change desktops WHEN a second monitor is connected.Previously, depending on where my mouse was laptop or external monitor when I...
  8. Is there any sort of Windows app/plugin/setting that will give me emoji replacement in all...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Is there any sort of Windows app/plugin/setting that will give me emoji replacement in all...: Some apps and websites automatically replace emoticons such as :) with emoji such as , but this is not at all consistent. Is there any app or plugin I can install, or setting I can tweak, to enable this feature throughout the OS? Also I could see this being useful for typing...
  9. windows 10 let me select external drive to back up

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    windows 10 let me select external drive to back up: I'm currently backing up to C: drive but want to change to my external hard drive. Despite the system reading from it and writing to it with no difficulty when I try to add the drive as the location of my back up I get a message saying the location can't be used to save my...
  10. Quick Look

in Windows 10 Customization
    Quick Look: Windows 10 won't let me choose Quick Look as the default photo viewer. The app doesn't work in Photoshop and it isn't listed among the apps to choose from in settings>default apps. I just migrated from Mac OS and their Preview app has automatic spacebar enlargement,...