Windows 10: Is there any to automatic switch from headphone to headset

Discus and support Is there any to automatic switch from headphone to headset in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I have a Bluetooth headset. Because it's Bluetooth, I can't use the audio at full quality and the microphone at the same time, so I have to open... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Dudollar, Sep 3, 2020.

1. Is there any to automatic switch from headphone to headset

I have a Bluetooth headset. Because it's Bluetooth, I can't use the audio at full quality and the microphone at the same time, so I have to open mmsys.cpl and switch from the headphone option to headset.

But, when I use the same headset on a Mac, it changes automatically, which the same doesn't happen on Windows 10 (the sound just go mute until I change from headphone to headset).

Is there any way I can do this switch automatically on Windows 10?

Edit: I forgot the question mark in the title

submitted by /u/Dudollar
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/Dudollar, Sep 3, 2020
  2. Doc2197 Win User

Bluetooth Headset Switching to Headphone mode during a call.

I'm using some bluetooth headphones with my Windows 10 machine. They create two separate playback devices in the Sound list, Headphones and Headset. Headphones is Stereo audio and set to Default device. Headset includes microphone recording audio as well
    and is set to default communications device.

The issue is when I'm in a call, non call audio (e.g. system notifications, program alerts, internet video) will play and switch my headphones from headset mode to headphone mode, and I lose my call audio. Obviously setting headset to default device and
    not just default communications device solves this issue, but I'm looking for a more automatic solution. I've tried setting Mute all other sounds in the Communications tab, but that hasn't helped.

Anyone have a way to automatically either disable the default device or mute all non call sounds to all playback devices when in a call?

Additional notes, that may or may not matter:

Headphones are Jabra Elite Active 65t (optimized for phone usage, not laptop usage)

Calling program is Skype for Business

Doc2197, Sep 3, 2020
  3. GarySt Win User
    Win10 won't switch automatically between speakers and headphones

After a forced upgrade by Windows 10 *Mad which I tried for months to avoid, windows updater has succeeded to sneak-in and install without my consent a new Win10 version.

As expected the system has been destabilized and the damages until now are:
    - When I plug in and out the headset the playback device doesn't switch automatically between speakers and headphones. I need to switch it manually every time.
    Help!

Is there any to automatic switch from headphone to headset [​IMG]

-----

GarySt, Sep 3, 2020
  4. ste2425 Win User

Is there any to automatic switch from headphone to headset

*TPU's Gaming Headphone/Headset Thread*

is this just for headphones/headsets or is stereo's listed also?

ste2425, Sep 3, 2020
Thema:

Is there any to automatic switch from headphone to headset

1. Is there any to automatic switch from headphone to headset - Similar Threads - automatic switch headphone

2. Windows audio keeps switching device whenever I plug in any usb headset or headphones

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Windows audio keeps switching device whenever I plug in any usb headset or headphones: I have had an issue with the realtek audio since a while ago. Whenever I plug in any usb headset or headphones it keeps switching between the usb device and the realtek audio. I mean it sounds for a second in the headphones and another second on the computer and it doesn't...
  3. Bluetooth Headphone switches to Headset Automatically When Starting game

Bluetooth Headphone switches to Headset Automatically When Starting game: So i had this issue where my one plus bullet wireless headphone connect normally to my laptop but when ever i start a game it automatically switches to headset audio output from headphone output which results in bad audio quality.When i close my game after few sec it reverts...
  4. Why won't my computer switch from headphones to headset?

Why won't my computer switch from headphones to headset?: When I plug my headset into the computer it asks me "What device did you plug in?". I click "Headset" and when I click on the sound icon on my taskbar it says "Headphones Conexant SmartAudio HD". Half of the time when I plug in my headset the pop-up saying "What device did...
  5. Help with Sound not switching automatically from laptop speakers to headphones?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Help with Sound not switching automatically from laptop speakers to headphones?: Hi! So my new laptop, an Acer Aspire3, doesn't switch audio from playing out of the speakers to headphones automatically. I have to click on a pop-up from Realtek Audio Console to enable the switch instead. I am unaware if it is possible to make the switch manually from...
  6. Is there any way to make Windows 10 automatically switch between speakers and headphones...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Is there any way to make Windows 10 automatically switch between speakers and headphones...: I had an old laptop (From early 2010s) that did it automatically, when I plugged my headphones the speakers didn't work. Now I have a new laptop and each time I plug my headphones a notification pops up and I have to manually "agree" to change the audio output. It's kinda...
  7. Problem switching from headset to speaker

Problem switching from headset to speaker: Hi, I have a Toshiba Satellite C655D laptop running MS Windows 10 Version 2004 (OS Build 19041.508). I have connected a headset (2 separate connectors for microphone and headset). Everything works fine. When I disconnect the headset, the laptop speaker does not become...
  8. sound from speakers does not switches automatically to headphones

sound from speakers does not switches automatically to headphones: sound from speakers does not switches automatically to headphones. To listen via headphones I have to restart my system or connect my headphone before power on the machine...
  9. Bluetooth Headset Switching to Headphone mode during a call.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Bluetooth Headset Switching to Headphone mode during a call.: I'm using some bluetooth headphones with my Windows 10 machine. They create two separate playback devices in the Sound list, Headphones and Headset. Headphones is Stereo audio and set to Default device. Headset includes microphone recording audio as well and is set to default...
  10. Automatically switch from headphones to speakers

Automatically switch from headphones to speakers: In windows 7, when headphones were plugged into the jack on the front of the machine it would automatically switch to the headphones and mute the speakers. If you unplugged them, it would enable the speakers. How would I go about enabling this on Windows 10? 17425