Windows 10: Is there any version of ImgBurn left without malware?

Discus and support Is there any version of ImgBurn left without malware? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I've got a new PC and wanted to download ImgBurn for my optical drive. However, I am all too familiar with the malware bundled in many of the links. I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by scott784, Aug 11, 2020.

1. scott784 Win User

Is there any version of ImgBurn left without malware?

I've got a new PC and wanted to download ImgBurn for my optical drive. However, I am all too familiar with the malware bundled in many of the links. I heard that Gizmo's list of freeware was screened to weed out this stuff. However, I was just reading about "candy" included on one of the downloads. So how does a PC user get free downloads now days without the concern of getting crapware installed on their computer? Any thoughts and in particular advice about a clean link for Imgburn? Thanks.

:)

scott784, Aug 11, 2020
  2. Le Boule Win User
    Le Boule, Aug 11, 2020
  3. newtekie1 Win User
    sourceforge bundles malware

From the main Filezilla Sourceforge page you can also browse the files, this is usually used for downloading older versions but you can download the latest version as well through there. At the top right of the file list is an option to switch to "Direct Download Link" to On. So anything you download from the file list will be the actual file, not the malware filled Sourceforge installer.

newtekie1, Aug 11, 2020
  4. Boatvan Win User

Did our Epson printer get hacked?

Another question, is this on a home network or a work network? The steps @eidairaman1 listed are always a good first step. If this is on a work network you manage, I'd be much more concerned than the home one. It is possible someone is screwing with you, but malware could also be the culprit.

Boatvan, Aug 11, 2020
Thema:

1. Is there any version of ImgBurn left without malware? - Similar Threads - version ImgBurn left

2. Activation of Windows without any viruses or malware.

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Activation of Windows without any viruses or malware.: Hi I am a person who likes Windows and Microsoft. My Windows is not activated. I really want to activate it. But I don't need activators like KMS Autos which installs viruses in my PC and I am looking for a method to activate without buying any product keys or things. I...
  3. How to Protect my laptop from virus and malware without installing any app.

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    How to Protect my laptop from virus and malware without installing any app.: Can anyone suggest me the ways to clean my laptop from viruses and malware for free without installing any of the application. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/how-to-protect-my-laptop-from-virus-and-malware/92fb302b-0596-4158-aa43-8a300c04a9af
  4. Is there any version of ImgBurn left without malware?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Is there any version of ImgBurn left without malware?: I've got a new PC and wanted to download ImgBurn for my optical drive. However, I am all too familiar with the malware bundled in many of the links. I heard that Gizmo's list of freeware was screened to weed out this stuff. However, I was just reading about "candy" included...
  5. HOW TO UPDATE DRIVERS TO LATEST VERSION WITHOUT ANY SOFTWARE????

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    HOW TO UPDATE DRIVERS TO LATEST VERSION WITHOUT ANY SOFTWARE????: MY PC IS OLD. SO I NEED TO UPDATE DRIVERS TO LATEST VERSION. SOME DRIVERS ARE 10 YEARS OLD. HOW CAN I UPDATE ALL THE DRIVERS TO LATEST VERSION WITHOUT ANY SOFTWARE????...
  6. Left-over effects of malware in Windows 7 (or malware still present)

Left-over effects of malware in Windows 7 (or malware still present): Good people, I have a Windows 7 machine that has contracted an infection of some kind that I have not been able to completely eradicate. Info: [1] Description: I think this malware arrived as what looked like a MS Word ".doc" file that was attached to an email. I knew...
  7. Even without Defender or ANY anti-malware Win 10 keeps deleting exes

Even without Defender or ANY anti-malware Win 10 keeps deleting exes: Several utilities from Nirsoft.net are known to produce malware false positives. But I want to use some of them anyway, so I knew I'd have to disable my Avast anti-malware tool as well as Windows Defender. I did all that, but whenever I try to install or merely extract one...
  8. Even without Defender or ANY anti-malware Win 10 keeps deleting exes

in Windows 10 Support
    Even without Defender or ANY anti-malware Win 10 keeps deleting exes: Several utilities from Nirsoft.net are known to produce malware false positives. But I want to use some of them anyway, so I knew I'd have to disable my Avast anti-malware tool as well as Windows Defender. I did all that, but whenever I try to install or merely extract one...
  9. Should I attempt to install Imgburn?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Should I attempt to install Imgburn?: I took the Win10 upgrade (from Win7) and I've been installing the rest of my programs. One program that I wanted back was ImgBurn. I never used it a lot, but it was always a good/lightweight program to have on hand. That being said, many people (including myself) have...
  10. Any way to return to my enterprise version without any change?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Any way to return to my enterprise version without any change?: HI about one month ago, i updated my windows 10 enterprise. but then i saw it is upgrading to 10 pro, which i absolutely didnt want. but after upgrade my windows is so messed up: my bluetooth is gone, i cant make any program as default, my new laptop's speed is very low,...