Windows 10: Is there any way/ever will be a way to get the full original Windows 8 Start Screen on...

Discus and support Is there any way/ever will be a way to get the full original Windows 8 Start Screen on... in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hi. I've been a Windows 10 user for 4 years now, and I liked the Windows 8 Start Screen. I really miss it, and I wish there were a way to get the full... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by External Inc, Jan 22, 2020.

1. Is there any way/ever will be a way to get the full original Windows 8 Start Screen on...

Hi. I've been a Windows 10 user for 4 years now, and I liked the Windows 8 Start Screen. I really miss it, and I wish there were a way to get the full Windows 8 original Metro Start experience. Is there a way/will there ever be a way?

:)

External Inc, Jan 22, 2020

2. i liked the start screen feature of windows 8. is there any way I can get it back on windows 10?

Original Title: start screen of windows 8

i liked the start screen feature of windows 8. is there any way I can get it back on windows 10?

stevenpreval, Jan 22, 2020
  3. btarunr Win User
    Origin PC Takes Orders for Windows 8 and Windows 8 Pro OS Options

ORIGIN PC is now taking orders for Microsoft's highly anticipated, Windows 8 operating system. Starting today, customers can now select Windows 8 or Windows 8 Pro to be installed on any new ORIGIN Desktop or EON Laptop orders and be one of the first to ship on the official launch date of October 26th. The wait is over and ORIGIN PC will begin building your system now! Avoid the rush and backlog of waiting for October 26th. Order your next ORIGIN PC with Windows 8 today.

Is there any way/ever will be a way to get the full original Windows 8 Start Screen on... 17a_thm.jpg

Windows 8 Features:
    • Windows 7 foundation: Windows 8 is designed and built off the rock-solid foundation you've come to expect from Windows 7 offering great performance on an ORIGIN PC.
    • New Start Menu: The new Start Menu contains all of the information and applications you care about in one place, such as your contacts, the weather, internet or even your favorite PC games in customizable tiles for your convenience.
    • Cloud Connected: Windows 8 can store your settings, files and information to the cloud using your Microsoft account and allows you to log in into any other Windows 8 enabled device to sync your start page, themes, language preferences, browsing history, and browser favorites.
    • Faster Boot Up Times: With a better allocation of system applications and resources, Windows 8 offers a significantly faster boot up time over its predecessors.
    • Free Lifetime 24/7 Support: Every ORIGIN PC comes with industry leading Lifetime 24/7 Support based in the United States ready to help answer any Windows 8 related questions.
    "Big launches are typically structured in a way where consumers have to wait for a specific date and then suffer through hassles including long lines, delays, and/or backlogs." said Kevin Wasielewski ORIGIN PC CEO and co-founder. "ORIGIN PC is offering this fantastic opportunity for our customers to avoid these hassles by placing custom PC orders with Windows 8 today and being one of the first to start shipping on October 26th."

btarunr, Jan 22, 2020
  4. hellrazor Win User

Is there any way/ever will be a way to get the full original Windows 8 Start Screen on...

Change the start button picture AKA How to screw Windows up: The Complicated Way

This should (in theory) change the start button, but here goes anyways. I did (or didn't, whatever you want to call it) do this on Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit.

Step 1: Get artsy
    Make a sweet picture of a nuclear trefoil from the Duke Nukem website.

Step 2: Rambo, I choose you!
    Grab ResEdit x64, attempt to assume control of C:\Windows, and Explorer.exe - I apparently had trouble doing this right. Plan B: Copy Explorer.exe elsewhere.

Step 3: Take the safety off
    Open new Explorer.exe with ResEdit, delete pictures 6801, 6805, and 6809, add the sweet trefoil 3 times (interesting...), rename one picture to 6801, the next to 6805, the last to 6809 (making sure that each of them are "English (United States)"). Save. Don't attempt to run the new Explorer.exe to see if it works.

Step 4: Pop a few shots
    Attempt to write over the original Explorer.exe.

Step 5: Miss
    Windows says I have to get permission to do that.

Step 6: Grab a bigger gun
    Pop into Linux, teach Windows a thing or two.

Step 7: Complain about the giant hole in your forehead
    Start Windows, around this time you should be greeted by a black screen and a message that says that Explorer.exe has crashed; if not, you are unlucky *Smile Is there any way/ever will be a way to get the full original Windows 8 Start Screen on... :)

Step 8: Grab a band-aid
    Curse like a sailor. Pop back into Linux, notice that there are Explorer.exe.1 and Explorer.exe.2 in the Windows folder. Delete FUBARed Explorer.exe, rename Explorer.exe.2 to Explorer.exe.

All in all, nothing was lost. If anybody knows how to do it correctly, do tell.

hellrazor, Jan 22, 2020
Thema:

Is there any way/ever will be a way to get the full original Windows 8 Start Screen on...

1. Is there any way/ever will be a way to get the full original Windows 8 Start Screen on... - Similar Threads - ever full original

2. Any way to prevent game scaling to full screen?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Any way to prevent game scaling to full screen?: Intel probably recently did some changes in their graphics driver settings and now if your laptop resolution is set to 1920x1080, there's only one option available - Maintain Display Scaling.You can't select "Maintain Aspect Ratio" or any other option like you could do 1 or 2...
  3. Any way to prevent game scaling to full screen?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Any way to prevent game scaling to full screen?: Intel probably recently did some changes in their graphics driver settings and now if your laptop resolution is set to 1920x1080, there's only one option available - Maintain Display Scaling.You can't select "Maintain Aspect Ratio" or any other option like you could do 1 or 2...
  4. Any Way Full Taskbar on Second Monitor

in Windows 10 Customization
    Any Way Full Taskbar on Second Monitor: Hey all, I know Windows doesn't natively allow for this, but is there a way to have FULL Taskbar capabilities on the second monitor? I would like to have Cortana/right side taskbar tray where the ^ is and all of the active icons on my second monitor. I don't care if I have...
  5. Is there any way to permanently get rid of this nag screen?

in Windows 10 Support
    Is there any way to permanently get rid of this nag screen?: Every so often when I start up I get this annoying nag screen. I'm really not interested in any of the options offered but there seems to be no way to tell Micro$oft to go away and stop pestering me with it. It's really starting to get under my skin so if anyone has any...
  6. Any way to get a video as a screen saver?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Any way to get a video as a screen saver?: I really want a video as a screen saver. submitted by /u/SpiritKran [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/k61lfi/any_way_to_get_a_video_as_a_screen_saver/
  7. Is there any way to make the full screen start menu 100% transparent so that it looks...

Is there any way to make the full screen start menu 100% transparent so that it looks...: [ATTACH] https://preview.redd.it/vphiw45ut5851.png?width=1919&format=png&auto=webp&s=e61272c8b253842ef67f5140c8d271a5661e18f1 submitted by /u/BoiledSwift [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/hj1ynw/is_there_any_way_to_make_the_full_screen_start/
  8. Is there a way to make full screen start menu be zoomed in?

Is there a way to make full screen start menu be zoomed in?: Basically what i want is my whole system to be in 100% UI zoom except full screen Start Menu, which would use 150% UI zoom setting. Or any other solution that would achieve the same look (everything being bigger in start) submitted by /u/mukintaras [link] [comments]...
  9. Any way to add picture to 9926 start screen?

in Windows 10 Customization
    Any way to add picture to 9926 start screen?: Anybody found a way to add a picture to background of full page 9926 start screen? 3704
  10. Is there a way to "upgrade" to Windows 8?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Is there a way to "upgrade" to Windows 8?: Hey, So we have one of computers that was using Windows 7 and we upgraded it to Windows 10. Now I just found that we have an extra copy of Windows 8 Pro that I bought when it first came out since it was so inexpensive but never utilized it on any of our computers....