Windows 10: Is there any way that we can choose what shows in the new "dark mode"?

Discus and support Is there any way that we can choose what shows in the new "dark mode"? in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; As the subject states, I just got the latest October update, and I normally have the dark theme enabled, as I like the settings window to be dark, but... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by randymaahs, Nov 14, 2018.

1. Is there any way that we can choose what shows in the new "dark mode"?

As the subject states, I just got the latest October update, and I normally have the dark theme enabled, as I like the settings window to be dark, but now you guys made it so it changes the file explorer. Is there any way we can keep it so we can have the dark theme enabled but I can disable it for file explorer?

:)

randymaahs, Nov 14, 2018
  2. Marby Rey Win User

How to auto-set Application Mode (dark-light)?

Hi,

You have to toggle it manually to change the Application Mode, we understand that is more convenient if there is an option to do it automatically. Thank you for bringing this up to our attention. We suggest that you send us a feedback by following these
    steps.

• On Cortana, type Feedback.
    • Choose Personalization and Ease of Access.
    • Select Input personalization.
    • You can vote if your suggestion is listed or can send us new feedback.

Rest assures that our Engineering team will do necessary action to improve Microsoft products.

Regards.

Marby Rey, Nov 14, 2018
  3. Brink Win User
    Outlook.com Gets New Dark Mode

Read more: Outlook.com Gets New Dark Mode - Thurrott.com

See also: Dark mode in Outlook.com - Outlook

Tweet

— Twitter API (@user) View on Twiiter

Brink, Nov 14, 2018
  4. Is there any way that we can choose what shows in the new "dark mode"?

Dark mode shows white horizontal bar

Dark mode has some issues in the latest feature update. The fixes that I know of (not sure if it would work for you)

Try Restarting the explorer process in Task manager

Re apply Dark mode after switching to light.

If that does not help I would suggest you to roll back to 1803.

Sumit (Independent Advisor), Nov 14, 2018
Thema:

Is there any way that we can choose what shows in the new "dark mode"?

1. Is there any way that we can choose what shows in the new "dark mode"? - Similar Threads - choose shows dark

2. Windows Color problem when choosing custom mode. The workaround of choosing either Dark or...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Color problem when choosing custom mode. The workaround of choosing either Dark or...: I think these problems have something to do with the contrast color, but I have it disabled yet the problem remains. I tried looking up for solutions but it only helped with the task manager text. This has been annoying me for some time and I would appreciate it if anyone...
  3. New Mspaint update is not showing dark mode

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    New Mspaint update is not showing dark mode: Yes, as far as I know, the new MSPaint was supposed to have a dark mode but the new MSPaint is here and I can't see the dark mode.I just upgraded to windows 11 on 5th October. The new MSPaint app from the Microsoft store was supposed to feature a dark mode so can someone help...
  4. New Mspaint update is not showing dark mode

in Windows 10 Gaming
    New Mspaint update is not showing dark mode: Yes, as far as I know, the new MSPaint was supposed to have a dark mode but the new MSPaint is here and I can't see the dark mode.I just upgraded to windows 11 on 5th October. The new MSPaint app from the Microsoft store was supposed to feature a dark mode so can someone help...
  5. Is there any way to get dark mode in Windows Search?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Is there any way to get dark mode in Windows Search?: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/ElizabethsSongbird [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/ji48ox/is_there_any_way_to_get_dark_mode_in_windows/
  6. Is there a way to change how dark is dark mode?

Is there a way to change how dark is dark mode?: Given that dark mode in Windows is AMOLED dark, is there a tweak that allows you to change how "dark" is dark mode? submitted by /u/bucketofthoughts [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/i4wf1i/is_there_a_way_to_change_how_dark_is_dark_mode/
  7. Is there a way to use dark mode with the light taskbar?

Is there a way to use dark mode with the light taskbar?: I prefer having the light taskbar, however I would like to use dark mode for the rest (explorer). Is this possible? submitted by /u/daniiNL [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/gsnp9p/is_there_a_way_to_use_dark_mode_with_the_light/
  8. Is there any way to fix this in dark mode?

Is there any way to fix this in dark mode?: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/Droppdreadd [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/gjsaid/is_there_any_way_to_fix_this_in_dark_mode/
  9. Any way to change windows 10 pitch black dark mode?

in Windows 10 Customization
    Any way to change windows 10 pitch black dark mode?: I want to switch to a dark gray is there a way? 69465
  10. Any way to choose what news services are being used...?

in Browsers and Email
    Any way to choose what news services are being used...?: In Edge Home page or the News app? 31206