Windows 10: Is there any way to autosave .txt's on shutdown?

Discus and support Is there any way to autosave .txt's on shutdown? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Title I am a big fan of the notepad feature. When I turn my computer on in the morning I usually pull up google, steam, discord, a few other things,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/TurtleDude498, Apr 6, 2020.

1. Is there any way to autosave .txt's on shutdown?

Title

I am a big fan of the notepad feature. When I turn my computer on in the morning I usually pull up google, steam, discord, a few other things, and my main notepad that I keep open and edit throughout the day.

I do my stuff and at the end of the day I go to turn off my computer and monitor and walk away... but I always forget to save the notepad. I then have to go turn back on my monitor, navigate to saving the .txt, and then shut it down again. Is there any setting in windows to autosave all open .txt files on shutdown?

submitted by /u/TurtleDude498
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/TurtleDude498, Apr 6, 2020
  2. Steve C Win User

Need Serious Help: How To Record Video of What is Done on my PC?

I suggest the following simple steps:

1. Set the autosave options in MS Office to a low value say 5 minutes.
    2. Setup file history to autosave frequently - the shortest period is 5 mins
    3. Install Macrium Reflect Free and configure it to do a daily incremental system backup

You should be well covered if you do the above to protect your key files.

Steve C, Apr 6, 2020
  3. Generating a .txt based file list in Windows 7

No, that > bla.txt is the target file to write to. You could use a wildcard in the argument, ie c:\windows\*.txt which would list all dlls in c:\windows. But adding that to a simple right-click would be tricky.

Basically you would execute fancyfile.bat c:\windows\*.txt, fancyfile.bat would then write all .txt files to bla.txt.

DanTheBanjoman, Apr 6, 2020
  4. dark2099 Win User

Is there any way to autosave .txt's on shutdown?

Generating a .txt based file list in Windows 7

I want to be able to generate a .txt file that lists all the files and folders in a specific folder on my PC, but don't know the name of any programs that do that. Searched on google a bit and came up with this guide, but it's for XP and I can't seem to find some of the folder options to modify the .bat file. Any suggestions? Thanks

http://www.theeldergeek.com/file_list_generator.htm

EDIT: The .bat file will do what I want if it is in the folder I want to do it in, but the option I want to add is having the right click option that it shows.

dark2099, Apr 6, 2020
Thema:

Is there any way to autosave .txt's on shutdown?

1. Is there any way to autosave .txt's on shutdown? - Similar Threads - autosave txt's shutdown

2. Autosave Issue

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Autosave Issue: Hi Everyone Can someone out there help me please, I have just installed MS Office LTSC Pro Plus 2021 on my computer and went to set Autosave in MS Word and get the following message: Before AutoSave can save your file, you need to fix the following. This file needs to be...
  3. Is there AutoSave in WORD?

Is there AutoSave in WORD?: I use WORD for all my documents that I create. I was using the auto save feature which prevented the constant pop-up of the "Do you want to save changes" every time I closed out and it automatically saved my work. Today my laptop received an update and I no longer see a way...
  4. Is there AutoSave in WORD?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Is there AutoSave in WORD?: I use WORD for all my documents that I create. I was using the auto save feature which prevented the constant pop-up of the "Do you want to save changes" every time I closed out and it automatically saved my work. Today my laptop received an update and I no longer see a way...
  5. How to autosave or if any autosave options in WINDOWS NOTE PAD.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to autosave or if any autosave options in WINDOWS NOTE PAD.: How to autosave or if any autosave options in WINDOWS NOTE PAD. If it is not, please update some autosave methods for the users.Thanking you. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-autosave-or-if-any-autosave-options-in/b5a278a6-3bba-4de6-92ac-71c633b63a6a
  6. How to autosave or if any autosave options in WINDOWS NOTE PAD.

How to autosave or if any autosave options in WINDOWS NOTE PAD.: How to autosave or if any autosave options in WINDOWS NOTE PAD. If it is not, please update some autosave methods for the users.Thanking you. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-autosave-or-if-any-autosave-options-in/b5a278a6-3bba-4de6-92ac-71c633b63a6a
  7. AUTOSAVE

in Windows 10 Gaming
    AUTOSAVE: How do I get my word or excel file to AUTOSAVE without being forced to use onedrive. There was a time when you could set the AUTOSAVE TO 1,2,5, 10 minutes, which was a huge protection agains a computer freezing on you....
  8. AUTOSAVE

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    AUTOSAVE: How do I get my word or excel file to AUTOSAVE without being forced to use onedrive. There was a time when you could set the AUTOSAVE TO 1,2,5, 10 minutes, which was a huge protection agains a computer freezing on you....
  9. AUTOSAVE

10. Is there any way to create a shortcut to the alt+F4 shutdown menu?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Is there any way to create a shortcut to the alt+F4 shutdown menu?: When you press alt-F4 on the desktop it brings up a shutdown menu. I prefer using this menu but I was wondering if there’s a way to make a desktop shortcut to it. submitted by /u/FloatingMilkshake [link] [comments]...