Windows 10: Is there any way to bring back the "collapse all windows" button on the taskbar?

Discus and support Is there any way to bring back the "collapse all windows" button on the taskbar? in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; The button on the side of the taskbar that collapsed all windows has been replaced in favour of the new "copilot" Ai. I don't require it and don't know... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Devi Gopinath, Feb 25, 2024.

1. Is there any way to bring back the "collapse all windows" button on the taskbar?

The button on the side of the taskbar that collapsed all windows has been replaced in favour of the new "copilot" Ai. I don't require it and don't know how to. Is there anyway to bring that button back?

:)

Devi Gopinath, Feb 25, 2024

2. Combined taskbar buttons / collapsing taskbar buttons

question1: has MS resolved the combined taskbar buttons / collapsing taskbar buttons? do users have a choice to UNcombine / not have icons collapse?

question2: if not, does MS (officially, in writing) recommend a third party SW? i'm reading complaints & folks pointing to third party SW. seems like a security risk to use third party SW; the ONLY reason i'd consider keeping win11 is for any improved security features.

rant1: advise from a heavy end-user for a quarter century: stop changing what works. heavy end-users have no less than 2 word, excel, browsers, file explorer open. toss-in mail client, acrobat, notepad. productivity means stuff is open and 'a hoppin & a poppin'. the first thing i do when upgrading OS or load SW is customize. custom menus, views, remove bloat-noise, settings, etc.

GeorgeWashington4, Feb 25, 2024
  3. Why the ''Start, taskbar...'s'' button is unclickable (TASKBAR COLOR)

Good morning,

I have been looking online to find the way to personalize my Surface 3 (colors, background, etc.).

The only problem is when I get to to change the color of my taskbar. The lists of steps that I need to follow bring me to Settings - Personalization - Colors and finally to ''Show accent color on the following surface'' where normally I would need to click
    on ''Start, taskbar, action center'', but turn out the button does'nt work...

Why the Start, taskbar...'s button is grey and unclickable ?

Why I am not able to change the color of my taskbar Is there any way to bring back the "collapse all windows" button on the taskbar? :(

mayadelagree, Feb 25, 2024
  4. Bree Win User

Is there any way to bring back the "collapse all windows" button on the taskbar?

Taskbar button behavior

It would be if that was the only way - but it isn't. Right-click on the word icon on the taskbar, select Microsoft Word.

The Right-click also brings up a list of your recently opened Word documents - at least it will if 'show recently opened items in Jump Lists on Start or taskbar' is turned on in Settings/Personalisation/Start. Click on one to open it.

Thema:

Is there any way to bring back the "collapse all windows" button on the taskbar?

1. Is there any way to bring back the "collapse all windows" button on the taskbar? - Similar Threads - bring collapse button

2. Is there any way to bring back the "collapse all windows" button on the taskbar?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Is there any way to bring back the "collapse all windows" button on the taskbar?: The button on the side of the taskbar that collapsed all windows has been replaced in favour of the new "copilot" Ai. I don't require it and don't know how to. Is there anyway to bring that button back?...
  3. Combined taskbar buttons / collapsing taskbar buttons

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Combined taskbar buttons / collapsing taskbar buttons: question1: has MS resolved the combined taskbar buttons / collapsing taskbar buttons? do users have a choice to UNcombine / not have icons collapse?question2: if not, does MS officially, in writing recommend a third party SW? i'm reading complaints & folks pointing to third...
  4. Combined taskbar buttons / collapsing taskbar buttons

Combined taskbar buttons / collapsing taskbar buttons: question1: has MS resolved the combined taskbar buttons / collapsing taskbar buttons? do users have a choice to UNcombine / not have icons collapse?question2: if not, does MS officially, in writing recommend a third party SW? i'm reading complaints & folks pointing to third...
  5. Is there Any Way To Bring Back Weather on Windows 8.1?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Is there Any Way To Bring Back Weather on Windows 8.1?: Is it possible to bring back weather on windows 8.1, is there a mod available? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/is-there-any-way-to-bring-back-weather-on-windows/9fd605a1-8756-44a8-9dd2-7063f6cbd594
  6. Is there Any Way To Bring Back Weather on Windows 8.1?

Is there Any Way To Bring Back Weather on Windows 8.1?: Is it possible to bring back weather on windows 8.1, is there a mod available? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/is-there-any-way-to-bring-back-weather-on-windows/9fd605a1-8756-44a8-9dd2-7063f6cbd594
  7. Any way to bring back this kind of lost folder and files inside it?

Any way to bring back this kind of lost folder and files inside it?: This is a terrible feature I guess in Windows.I had several important photos that I cut pasted from my camera I regret that I didn't copy it to a new folder I created in my laptop. Here's the process and what happened:1. I created a New Folder, named it "Photos"2. Cut pasted...
  8. Is there any way to get rid of this collapsable folder group?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Is there any way to get rid of this collapsable folder group?: [ATTACH] Hey there fellers! I hate opening my file explorer and seeing this useless FOLDERS (5) thingy. Is there any way to remove it? Winaero Tweaker doesn't work*...
  9. Windows Explorer expand all/collapse all button?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows Explorer expand all/collapse all button?: Windows Explorer (looking at some picture folders), grouped by something ( tags in this case). How can I expand all/collapse all? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-explorer-expand-allcollapse-all-button/c5999f7b-bb4a-4064-a450-89c43bdfff16"
  10. Is there any way to get a larger 'back' button in windows explorer?

in Windows 10 Support
    Is there any way to get a larger 'back' button in windows explorer?: The back and up buttons in explorer are really small on screen and not in the same position they used to be in win7. Its annoying because there is loads of room in the ribbon above for big conspicuous buttons. Any suggestions? 10431