Windows 10: Is there any way to change explorer icon size to 32x32 like in Windows XP?

Discus and support Is there any way to change explorer icon size to 32x32 like in Windows XP? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I like to have the 32x32 icon sizes to have a classic "Icons" view like in Windows XP and lower versions of Windows. But any attempt to resize the file... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/AviatorSkywatcher, Apr 19, 2020.

1. Is there any way to change explorer icon size to 32x32 like in Windows XP?

I like to have the 32x32 icon sizes to have a classic "Icons" view like in Windows XP and lower versions of Windows. But any attempt to resize the file explorer icons causes a loss of image quality (noticeable in pixel-style icons). Only the "content" view and the "medium icons" view in the Desktop allow for 32x32 icon size without loss of quality, but is there any way to make the file names stay below the icons in the explorer like in XP? I have seen this thing since Windows Vista.

submitted by /u/AviatorSkywatcher
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/AviatorSkywatcher, Apr 19, 2020
  2. andres.zs Win User

How to change taskbar small icon size

Dear Shawn: The large icons have been downsized
    from 32x32 to 24x24 pixels in Windows 10. That is 8 pixels smaller, and we can tell the difference after 12 years looking at 32x32 icons in front of our faces for countless hours.

First, the icons now look blurred (they are the 32x32 icon downscaled)

Second, taskbar becomes too small - even on standard resolutions such as 1280x1024. We need to use the Magnifier app to find our icons on very large resolutions now.

For charity, please restore the 32x32 icons for those who are using a desktop - you can freely adopt any absurd size you want for tablets, 8x8 or 17x17 pixels if you want, but plese, leave desktop users with the usual icons size.

andres.zs, Apr 19, 2020
  3. Windows vista x64 computer icon always changing

what icons are you referring to?
    In the Windows Explorer list or desktop?

twicksisted, Apr 19, 2020
  4. Is there any way to change explorer icon size to 32x32 like in Windows XP?

Icon size of large icons getting with SHGetFileInfo is not 32x32.

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I understand your concern, and we in Community will try to help you in the best possible way we can.

I suggest you to follow the below steps and check if it helps:

I suggest you to check the resolution of your screen and make changes according to your requirements. To change screen resolution follow the steps below

• Go to your desktop, right-click your mouse and go to Display Settings.
    • A panel will open. Here you can adjust the size of text, apps, and other items and also change the orientation. To change the resolution settings, scroll down this window and click on Advanced Display Settings
    1366 X 768 is the recommended screen resolution

• You can change it according to your requirements.
    NOTE: Lower is the resolution, larger is the content displayed on your screen. From the available options in the drop-down menu, select the one you want and click Apply

• If it is not the optimal setting for your system, you will see an Optimal Resolution Notification
    You may ignore the notification and confirm your Screen Resolution changes by clicking on
    keep the Changes, or you may select another screen resolution. You will get just 15 seconds to confirm the changes or else it will revert to the default display settings.

Also check if the drivers are up to date.

Hope the information helps, if you have any further queries, feel free to post. We are here to assist you.

Regards,

Guru Kiran

Guru Kiran G, Apr 19, 2020
Thema:

Is there any way to change explorer icon size to 32x32 like in Windows XP?

1. Is there any way to change explorer icon size to 32x32 like in Windows XP? - Similar Threads - change explorer icon

2. Change icon size in File Explorer 22621.2506

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Change icon size in File Explorer 22621.2506: Hello guys,got a problem... After the new 22621.2506 update my whole File Explorer, of course, got changed... no big surprise. First of all, anyone maybe knows how to restore the design/ layout of version 22621.2500? I'd like to have that back...Second thing, like mentioned...
  3. Change icon size in File Explorer 22621.2506

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Change icon size in File Explorer 22621.2506: Hello guys,got a problem... After the new 22621.2506 update my whole File Explorer, of course, got changed... no big surprise. First of all, anyone maybe knows how to restore the design/ layout of version 22621.2500? I'd like to have that back...Second thing, like mentioned...
  4. Is there any way to change hidden taskbars Icons?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Is there any way to change hidden taskbars Icons?: Hello,I was wondering if there is any way, in windows or through an app, to customize the Icons in the Hidden Taskbar, since some apps have colored Icons and I would just like make all of them Black and white for estathic reasons.Hoping for an answer to this problem <3...
  5. Is there any way to change hidden taskbars Icons?

in Windows 10 Customization
    Is there any way to change hidden taskbars Icons?: Hello,I was wondering if there is any way, in windows or through an app, to customize the Icons in the Hidden Taskbar, since some apps have colored Icons and I would just like make all of them Black and white for estathic reasons.Hoping for an answer to this problem <3...
  6. Is there a way to change one icon size?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Is there a way to change one icon size?: [ATTACH] What I'm trying to accomplish: https://preview.redd.it/sk3vbsxmiig61.png?width=238&format=png&auto=webp&s=6417cef222678dd8c510c52a0afaa07f2603595a submitted by /u/AmNotFester [link] [comments]...
  7. How to change Windows Explorer default icon size?

How to change Windows Explorer default icon size?: Similar problem here: https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_8-files/how-do-i-change-the-default-file-explorer-view-to/4dad9764-dcab-420d-bd4e-99301e037be2 The most common advice is go to View > Folder Options > View tab > Apply to Folders, but that...
  8. is there any way to change the screen size

is there any way to change the screen size: just hooked up an extremely large 4:3 monitor up to my laptop as a second screen, but selecting the highest, and correct resolution for the monitor makes it smaller than the laptop screen, which causes screen tearing since the laptop has a smaller screen, so is there any way...
  9. Explorer icon size

Explorer icon size: How to change Explorer icon size for pictures. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/explorer-icon-size/2068feb9-54de-4f03-a127-3207d941f374
  10. change or override default 32x32 mouse pointer size limit

change or override default 32x32 mouse pointer size limit: I am visually impaired and am looking for a way to change or override the default 32x32 mouse pointer size limit either through Registry settings, Group Policy or through a setting in God Mode. Is there anyone who can help? I know there is some way to create pointer/cursor...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. how to change desktop font windows 10