Windows 10: Is there any way to check if a mouse is faulty?

Discus and support Is there any way to check if a mouse is faulty? in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I've been having problems with my laptop in recent weeks and I've been coming to the Community for help. It occurs to me that some of the problems... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Taffy087, Oct 5, 2019.

1. Taffy087 Win User

Is there any way to check if a mouse is faulty?

I've been having problems with my laptop in recent weeks and I've been coming to the Community for help.

It occurs to me that some of the problems might be caused by my mouse. It's a Microsoft mouse with clickers on both sides and a roller ball in the middle. (I don't know the correct technical terms.)

The problems range from a simple one - text jumping all over the place as shown below * - to the bizarre - I'll copy a line of text but when I paste it, it shows stuff previously saved. (example below ***)

It's about four years old although the driver software is shown as 2006 - version10.0.18362.1

I've bing'd for how to check for driver updates and there are dozens of products online. But I've no idea if all of the web sites/products (*are safesites) are safe.

Can I check somewhere in Microsoft for updates? (Previously I just would have bought a new one but that's frowned upon nowadays.)

PS This isn't a Windows system failure of course but I haven't a clue in which forum this should be. Would a Moderator please move as appropriate. TIA

*** "Wo10.0.18362.1" appeared when I tried to paste something else. I'd pasted it on the line hallway up having copied it from my Control Panel.

:)

Taffy087, Oct 5, 2019
  2. Remon Ont Win User

Logitech Wireless Mouse

Hi Ken,

Not working wireless mouse could be due to the following:

• Outdated device driver
    • No device driver installed
    • Faulty wireless mouse receiver

We would like to know some information to better isolate the issue:

• Have you done any changes (like updating your Windows) on your computer prior to the issue?
    • Have you tried using using your wireless mouse on other computer and checked if the issue persists?
    • Have you tried updating your wireless mouse driver?

For initial troubleshooting steps, we suggest that you follow the steps below on how to run Windows troubleshooter:

• Type troubleshoot in the search box and press Enter.
    • Select Hardware and Devices, then click
      Run the troubleshooter

If the troubleshooter didn't work, you can check this
    article
    about updating your wireless mouse driver.

Let us know if you need further assistance.

Remon Ont, Oct 5, 2019
  3. usb mouse not responding

Hi Lance,

It can be a faulty driver that is causing your mouse and headphone not to work. However, we need to gather more information for us to provide the best solution to your computer. Kindly answer the following questions:

• Have you made any changes prior to the issue?
    • Is your mouse and headphones working on another computer?

We suggest that you visit the links below for troubleshooting steps for your mouse and headphones.

Looking forward to your reply.

Robelene Win, Oct 5, 2019
  4. Pavan_N Win User

Mouse lag

Hi Zbigniew,

I appreciate the troubleshooting steps you have tried to resolve the issue. I suggest you to install all pending Windows updates and check. Follow the steps below and check if that helps.

• Type Mouse and Touchpad Setting in Search and hit
      Enter.
    • Change settings as per your requirement; click on Advance mouse options.
    • Change settings under Buttons, Points, Pointer options, Wheel.

Do let us know the performance to mouse. Thank you.

Pavan_N, Oct 5, 2019
Thema:

1. Is there any way to check if a mouse is faulty? - Similar Threads - check mouse faulty

2. Any way to reduce mouse acceleration?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Any way to reduce mouse acceleration?: It's been a very long time since I last used windows and for me it seems like the windows mouse acceleration is much more aggressive than in MacOS. I tried to change the cursor speed, that improved it but it still feels very aggressive. Since I still regularly switch...
  3. Faulty Mouse and keyboard

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Faulty Mouse and keyboard: My mouse has begun to freeze at random points on the day. Its getting extremely annoying and I've done everything I can to fix it. Replaced the mouse. Replaced the screen. Cleaned the tower... and even.... replaced the tower??????????????? Replaced the key board.......
  4. Is there a way to check the amount of uptime on any app?

Is there a way to check the amount of uptime on any app?: Ive always wondered if I can check the play time for a game like minecraft (java edition). Theres no direct counter on the minecraft launcher but im wondering if there is a counter somewhere deep inside the computer. submitted by /u/DaBoyzPlay [link] [comments]...
  5. Is there any way to check why an update is failing?

Is there any way to check why an update is failing?: Been trying to install the 2004 may update for a month now, it downloads, does a restart, then another restart, gets to about 60% then does a rollback. I checked the event viewer and it has nothing. Is there any possible way to find out why it's failing? Is it possible to...
  6. Faulty Mouse Behaviour

in Windows 10 Customization
    Faulty Mouse Behaviour: I have encountered a wierd issue, when i plug in my mouse to my laptop the windows turns buggy, i am unable to click some buttons or tabs close or open them.the problem gets fixed when i unplug the mouse and open task manager.I dont know whats the fix its hard to open task...
  7. Is there any way to check if a bluetooth device is in LE mode?

Is there any way to check if a bluetooth device is in LE mode?: Just upgraded to BT 5.1 but no way to tell. submitted by /u/SouthernSubhumans [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/gxei17/is_there_any_way_to_check_if_a_bluetooth_device/
  8. There is any program to check mouse activity?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    There is any program to check mouse activity?: Hi mates, I would like to kill a program when mouse is inactive for some time, this will help me avoid to leave a PC with high CPU load if not necessary (they forgot the program opened). How can I do it? Thank you a lot 154815
  9. Faulty Microsoft Modern Mouse

Faulty Microsoft Modern Mouse: Hey all, I have a Microsoft "Modern Mouse" that's double click has become faulty. Trying to get thru to the Warranty Claim department is near impossible - you're transferred around, on hold forever, or hung up on! The item is under warranty - any suggestions how you...
  10. Faulty VRAM 970, is there any ways to fix it (even if hard/tedious)?

Faulty VRAM 970, is there any ways to fix it (even if hard/tedious)?: Hi guys! I was looking for some resources on fixing my 970, since it is slightly broken, or maybe it is super major... It still boots, but the symptoms it has are these: -When inside any computer, it bumps up the time it takes to boot to anywhere between 200 seconds to 450....