Windows 10: Is there any way to clean up or move C:\ProgramData ?

Discus and support Is there any way to clean up or move C:\ProgramData ? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; The amount of free storage on C: is decreasing steadily. Even though I install most of my apps on another drive (D:), C:\ProgramData just keeps getting... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Eksy61, Jul 4, 2020.

1. Eksy61 Win User

Is there any way to clean up or move C:\ProgramData ?

The amount of free storage on C: is decreasing steadily. Even though I install most of my apps on another drive (DIs there any way to clean up or move C:\ProgramData ? :), C:\ProgramData just keeps getting bigger. Right now C:\ProgramData is 39.2 GB.

Is there anything I can do about this, or does the whole C:\ProgramData have to be on C:?

:)

Eksy61, Jul 4, 2020
  2. FredGH Win User

Control Panel Uninstall will not show folders in C:\ProgramData

Hi,

I was trying to use Program Uninstall in Control Panel to get rid of PC Cleaner Pro that is in C:\ProgramData . It wasn't in the list of Programs. It appears that the only programs in the list are in C:\Program Files. Is there any safe way to get Control
    Panel to access and remove programs in C:\ProgramData? I have Windows 10 Home Version 1607.

THANKS!!!

***Post moved by the moderator to the appropriate forum category.***

FredGH, Jul 4, 2020
  3. Can't delete folder in c:\ProgramData\

While working in the elevated Console Environment, try these commands:

md C:\Junk

move C:\ProgramData\Battle.net C:\Junk

Now reboot, then delete the junk folder.

Frederik Long, Jul 4, 2020
  4. Is there any way to clean up or move C:\ProgramData ?

can not find script file "C:\ProgramData\WindowsAppCertification\checker.vbs".

You are dealing with the residue of an infection that your virus scanner eliminated. An easy way to get rid of the message goes like this:

• Log on under an admin account.
    • Create a desktop shortcut for cmd.exe.
    • Right-click this shortcut, then left-click "Run as administrator".
    • Accept the challenge.
    • Type these commands exactly and press Enter after each:

md "C:\ProgramData\WindowsAppCertification"

(You might get a message saying that the folder already exists)

cd 2>"C:\ProgramData\WindowsAppCertification\checker.vbs"
    • Reboot.

Frederik Long, Jul 4, 2020
Thema:

Is there any way to clean up or move C:\ProgramData ?

1. Is there any way to clean up or move C:\ProgramData ? - Similar Threads - clean move ProgramData

2. Cannot clean up dirty volume in any way

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cannot clean up dirty volume in any way: Recently my laptop has started showing the "Scanning and Repairing Volume C:" message on every single boot up. After doing some research and running some scans, I discovered that my C: drive the SSD on which Windows is installed is "Dirty". I have been looking for different...
  3. Cannot clean up dirty volume in any way

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cannot clean up dirty volume in any way: Recently my laptop has started showing the "Scanning and Repairing Volume C:" message on every single boot up. After doing some research and running some scans, I discovered that my C: drive the SSD on which Windows is installed is "Dirty". I have been looking for different...
  4. Cannot clean up dirty volume in any way

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. ntuser.dat in C:\ProgramData?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    ntuser.dat in C:\ProgramData?: ntuser.dat file is in my ProgramData folder. I can't say if it is caused by apps or not - ntuser.dat is located in any user folder like SYSTEM, regular user, and I have no idea what is it doing there, was it created by Windows Update or apps, since I did not download or...
  6. ntuser.dat in C:\ProgramData?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    ntuser.dat in C:\ProgramData?: ntuser.dat file is in my ProgramData folder. I can't say if it is caused by apps or not - ntuser.dat is located in any user folder like SYSTEM, regular user, and I have no idea what is it doing there, was it created by Windows Update or apps, since I did not download or...
  7. ntuser.dat in C:\ProgramData?

in Windows 10 Gaming
  8. C:\ProgramData\mntemp

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    C:\ProgramData\mntemp: i ran the malwarebytes junkware removal tool and i found this threat: C:\ProgramData\mntemp, can ya tell me is this a malicious program? i also found some stuff in registry too, pls tell me what these are...
  9. Is there any way to shrink or move the media key pop up?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Is there any way to shrink or move the media key pop up?: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/lucellent [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/j03rdx/is_there_any_way_to_shrink_or_move_the_media_key/
  10. Any way to move splash screen or pop-ups?

in Windows 10 Support
    Any way to move splash screen or pop-ups?: I run (or am trying to run) a program with an always-on-top splash screen. Unfortunately, there is as error in the initialization of the program that is resulting in a pop-up. I can tell by hovering over the task bar icon I am being asked a Yes/No question but I can't access...