Windows 10: Is there any way to control the fan speed?

Discus and support Is there any way to control the fan speed? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I use a Mac as well and there is a utility app called Macs Fan Control where you can easily set a custom fan speed. On the other hand, my windows... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/kkusshhh, Mar 21, 2021.

1. Is there any way to control the fan speed?

I use a Mac as well and there is a utility app called Macs Fan Control where you can easily set a custom fan speed.

On the other hand, my windows laptops overheats a lot and I'd like to know if there is any way I can increase/decrease the fan speed...

If you know a way then please share!

Thanks

submitted by /u/kkusshhh
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/kkusshhh, Mar 21, 2021
  2. martyr Win User

any way to control speed of case fans

is there a way to control speed of case fans windows 10, z390a asus motherboard gaming pc

martyr, Mar 21, 2021
  3. Fan controllers - Way OT

I had looked at that. PWM control ranging from idle to max over one of 4 preset ranges. It has 2 problems:
    1. The lowest temperature range is 35° - 45°C (95° - 113°F) - doesn't kick in at a low enough temperature.
    2. It does not shut the fan off - just leaves it on idle. (Pulse width for idle is selectable.

Coolerguys has a temperature controlled switch with a hard-coded range of 27° - 31°C (81° - 88°F) but is just on/off - turn on at the high temp; turn off at the low temp. I don't know if that is good or bad. The temperature range fits my needs but I would rather have variable speed - either PWM or voltage controlled - over the "On" range.

pokeefe0001, Mar 21, 2021
  4. Is there any way to control the fan speed?

Fan controllers - Way OT

I'm creating a somewhat "hardened" location for a NAS so I don't have to rely on off-site backups - sort of an Ethernet-connected cloud storage. There will be the NAS and a small UPS in some kind of (as yet undetermined) enclosure in a corner of a crawl space. Ventilation is not ideal so I expect I will need a fan or two. Temperature controlled computer case fans seem like a good solution but I'm obviously not going to be plugging them into motherboard fan headers. I'm going to need 12v power and some kind of fan controller with a temperature probe.

The power supply is probably not a problem. I've seen a number of small power supplies feeding a Molex connector. But I'm having trouble getting my head around the number and types of fan controllers. I could use some assistance.

A few key points:
    1. The temperature setting needs to be either in non-volatile storage or be set by a knob or slider. This NAS setup is going to be fairly inaccessible. I don't want to have to re-enter the temperature setting if there is a power outage. (The UPS will help but we've had power outages that lasted days.)
    2. My NAS claims to have a max operating temperature of 104°F / 40°C. I assume that means ambient temperature rather than the temperature of some internal component. The temperature in the crawl space is currently 67°F (with outside temperatures in the 90s) and never varies very much.
    3. I think I want the fans to shut off when not needed rather than be running constantly a slow speed. (Unless the enclosure really traps heat I may not need the fans at all. No sense wearing out the fan bearings needlessly.)
    4. I think I want the fan speed proportional to the cooling needed rather than a binary off / max.
    5. I assume I will use 2 WPM-capable fans I've got lying around.

Anyone know of fan controllers that fit my needs?

pokeefe0001, Mar 21, 2021
Thema:

Is there any way to control the fan speed?

1. Is there any way to control the fan speed? - Similar Threads - control fan speed

2. Fan Speed

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Fan Speed: I have Dell Vostro 15 5415 and the only time it's fans ever go 100% speeds is during a bios update. The laptop goes >95 degrees in workload. Is there a way to speed up the fans at a critical temperature, say 85 degrees? Also, it is safe to do so?...
  3. Fan Speed

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Fan Speed: I have Dell Vostro 15 5415 and the only time it's fans ever go 100% speeds is during a bios update. The laptop goes >95 degrees in workload. Is there a way to speed up the fans at a critical temperature, say 85 degrees? Also, it is safe to do so?...
  4. how can i control the fan speed in windows?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    how can i control the fan speed in windows?: i run windows on a laptop and the fan has an issue where it is extremely loud, everytime i open my laptop it goes to full blast despite it not even being warm. i want to know how to control the speed where its not too loud, but i dont want to go into the bios and mess...
  5. how can i control the fan speed in windows?

how can i control the fan speed in windows?: i run windows on a laptop and the fan has an issue where it is extremely loud, everytime i open my laptop it goes to full blast despite it not even being warm. i want to know how to control the speed where its not too loud, but i dont want to go into the bios and mess...
  6. fan speed

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    fan speed: how do i change my fan speed to make it less noisy https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/fan-speed/648babaa-d938-430d-8685-38b3bbedaf9c
  7. any way to control windows copy/move speed?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    any way to control windows copy/move speed?: every time i start a copy/move files everything else running on that drive/nas slows down. things like online download or video playing from that drive. even exploring that drive becomes laggy. any way to lower the copy/move speed so everything else can run smoothly while its...
  8. What Service Allows Fan Speed Control

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    What Service Allows Fan Speed Control: Hi Everyone. I have lost the ability to control my fan speed after doing a clean boot. Normally I can set the fan to max speed for gaming using a program called nerve center (causing it to spin faster than it does under automatic control). Now that option is missing. I tried...
  9. Software to control fan speed

Software to control fan speed: Hi All, I'm looking for a program that can control each fan's speed on my mainboard based on temperature (CPU, GPU accordingly). I've already tried Speedfan but after installed, no fan was recognized and CPU's temperature is wrong. Thanks for your advice.*Smile 106352
  10. Fan speed control

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Fan speed control: Second question of the day..! I'm running an Asus P6TD motherboard and in Win 7 used to use the Asus AI Suite to create a custom profile for the CPU fan speed which meant the fan was less noisy. AI Suite won't run on Win 10 - or at least the version I can download now...