Windows 10: Is there any way to control updates?

Discus and support Is there any way to control updates? in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; I'm getting more and more p**d off with W10 because of the apparent inability to have any control over when it performs updates. The latest and most... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by Gwaihir, Sep 25, 2019.

1. Gwaihir Win User

Is there any way to control updates?

I'm getting more and more p**d off with W10 because of the apparent inability to have any control over when it performs updates. The latest and most frustrating annoyance occurred whilst I was on holiday and using a mobile broadband (mi-fi) device. Windows decided to update and ate a significant amount of my data allowance.

So my question is: Is there any way to turn off updates so I can force W10 to only update when I'm connected to my home router?

:)

Gwaihir, Sep 25, 2019

2. Is there a way to control optional updates?

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

Let us follow the below steps and check if it helps:

• Open the Control Panel (icons view), and click on the Windows Update icon.

• Click on the Optional Update is available link.

• Right-click or press and hold on a listed Windows Update that you want to hide, then click on Hide Update.

• If prompted by UAC, click on Yes.

• You will now notice that the now hidden Windows Update is grayed out.

• Repeat steps 3 and 4 if you want to hide another Windows Update.

• Click on OK.

Let us know if you have any further query on Windows, we are glad to assist you further.

Abdul_Malik, Sep 25, 2019
  3. STEvil Win User
    Fan control for 4870X2 broken in 1.17

Fixed fan controls yes. Annoying profiles yes. Buggy code yes.

I'd rather just set it and forget it as the feature list of RBE suggested it was capable of doing.

STEvil, Sep 25, 2019
  4. NOPD Win User

Programs Missing From Control Panel List

I was able to get rid of XNVIEW by downloading it and using it's own uninstaller.
    Have tried method suggested by Pyramid 10 with photoscape without success.
    Can't figure out how to do what is asked.

Your next suggestion?

Thema:

1. Is there any way to control updates? - Similar Threads - control updates

2. Quick Settings Media Controls not updating and matching currently playing media in Windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Quick Settings Media Controls not updating and matching currently playing media in Windows 11: I don't know why this keeps happening but for some reason, the quick settings isn't displaying the currently playing media that Spotify is showing. There is something wrong with the quick controls as the Moderflyouts app reports it correctly and on Windows 10, the audio...
  3. Quick Settings Media Controls not updating and matching currently playing media in Windows 11

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Quick Settings Media Controls not updating and matching currently playing media in Windows 11: I don't know why this keeps happening but for some reason, the quick settings isn't displaying the currently playing media that Spotify is showing. There is something wrong with the quick controls as the Moderflyouts app reports it correctly and on Windows 10, the audio...
  4. Windows update Opening immersive control panel?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows update Opening immersive control panel?: When i try to update windows it opens immersive control panel how do i fix this? I've tried using an admin cmd and the little button in the taskbar but to no avail....
  5. Windows update Opening immersive control panel?

Windows update Opening immersive control panel?: When i try to update windows it opens immersive control panel how do i fix this? I've tried using an admin cmd and the little button in the taskbar but to no avail....
  6. Windows update Opening immersive control panel

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows update Opening immersive control panel: This could be a dumb question but anyways.I have never had a problem with windows 11 updating untill recently,when i tried to update my windows version within settings and found out that it only opened the 'Immersive control panel' and I've also tried updating using admin cmd...
  7. Windows update Opening immersive control panel

Windows update Opening immersive control panel: This could be a dumb question but anyways.I have never had a problem with windows 11 updating untill recently,when i tried to update my windows version within settings and found out that it only opened the 'Immersive control panel' and I've also tried updating using admin cmd...
  8. My Windows defender is gone along with my nvidia control panel and windows update is...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My Windows defender is gone along with my nvidia control panel and windows update is...: Actually last week i noticed that my windows defender was completely gone and also my nvidia services. I have tried every solutions that i could find from google except for reinstalling windows 10, haven't tried that yet. As for my nvidia control panel, it is showing me that...
  9. My Windows defender is gone along with my nvidia control panel and windows update is...

My Windows defender is gone along with my nvidia control panel and windows update is...: Actually last week i noticed that my windows defender was completely gone and also my nvidia services. I have tried every solutions that i could find from google except for reinstalling windows 10, haven't tried that yet. As for my nvidia control panel, it is showing me that...
  10. My Windows defender is gone along with my nvidia control panel and windows update is...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade