Windows 10: Is there any way to control updates?

Discus and support Is there any way to control updates? in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; I'm getting more and more p**d off with W10 because of the apparent inability to have any control over when it performs updates. The latest and most... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by Gwaihir, Sep 25, 2019.

1. Gwaihir Win User

Is there any way to control updates?

I'm getting more and more p**d off with W10 because of the apparent inability to have any control over when it performs updates. The latest and most frustrating annoyance occurred whilst I was on holiday and using a mobile broadband (mi-fi) device. Windows decided to update and ate a significant amount of my data allowance.

So my question is: Is there any way to turn off updates so I can force W10 to only update when I'm connected to my home router?

:)

Gwaihir, Sep 25, 2019

2. Is there a way to control optional updates?

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

Let us follow the below steps and check if it helps:

• Open the Control Panel (icons view), and click on the Windows Update icon.

• Click on the Optional Update is available link.

• Right-click or press and hold on a listed Windows Update that you want to hide, then click on Hide Update.

• If prompted by UAC, click on Yes.

• You will now notice that the now hidden Windows Update is grayed out.

• Repeat steps 3 and 4 if you want to hide another Windows Update.

• Click on OK.

Let us know if you have any further query on Windows, we are glad to assist you further.

Abdul_Malik, Sep 25, 2019
  3. STEvil Win User
    Fan control for 4870X2 broken in 1.17

Fixed fan controls yes. Annoying profiles yes. Buggy code yes.

I'd rather just set it and forget it as the feature list of RBE suggested it was capable of doing.

STEvil, Sep 25, 2019
  4. NOPD Win User

Programs Missing From Control Panel List

I was able to get rid of XNVIEW by downloading it and using it's own uninstaller.
    Have tried method suggested by Pyramid 10 with photoscape without success.
    Can't figure out how to do what is asked.

Your next suggestion?

Thema:

1. Is there any way to control updates? - Similar Threads - control updates

2. There is no language option in the control panel in windows 10 1903 update

in Windows 10 Customization
    There is no language option in the control panel in windows 10 1903 update: There is no language option in the control panel in windows 10 1903 update and I also cannot use (Right Alt + Shift Key) to change the language. Whenever I try to access the Administrative language setting I get this error ("windows cannot access system32 control.exe")...
  3. after my windows update yesterday,my XBOXONE is lost in my controll panel

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    after my windows update yesterday,my XBOXONE is lost in my controll panel: Hi all, Yesterday, I update my windows 10 to the lastest automatic. it seems fine but today. I find my xboxone controller don't work I click my device and printer in controll panel, it disappeared. could you please send me a driver for xboxone controller in windows 10,...
  4. 'Mouse Keys' stuck on - keys now control cursor on laptop following update

in Windows 10 Customization
    'Mouse Keys' stuck on - keys now control cursor on laptop following update: Following a Windows update on my HP laptop, the mouse keys now control the movement of the cursor on the screen - an annoyance. I went to 'Mouse Keys' in the settings, per guidance online, but it was already switched to 'off' - I toggled it on and off, but to no avail....
  5. Right-click context menu and Nvidia Control Panel very slow to open since updating to 1903

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Right-click context menu and Nvidia Control Panel very slow to open since updating to 1903: Right clicking on folders, text files, zip files, etc takes way longer than it should to bring up the context menu. Right clicking on the recycle bin or docx files for some reason are instant, as they should be. The Nvidia Control Panel takes several minutes to open after...
  6. Can No Longer Control Brightness After Latest Update to Windows 1903

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Can No Longer Control Brightness After Latest Update to Windows 1903: Two weeks ago my computer installed the latest Windows updates and now my brightness and Night Light functions no longer work. The sliders are still there, but it doesn't actually adjust the brightness. I bought a new computer this week and after it went through new Windows...
  7. Delete old Windows Update in control pannel

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Delete old Windows Update in control pannel: I see there are a lots of old Windows update in my control pannel. should i delete it?[ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/delete-old-windows-update-in-control-pannel/3ec0ccbe-550d-4890-b0dc-16af2e840621"
  8. After Windows 10 update, Control Panel shows printer installed and working properly, but...

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    After Windows 10 update, Control Panel shows printer installed and working properly, but...: Actually, none of the four wireless printers that were working prior to the latest update now show up when I attempt to select a printer from a word processing application (I have two and have tried both), browser (I have three, and have tried them all), etc. When I right...
  9. Windows 10’s next update will give you control over restartable apps

in Windows 10 News
    Windows 10’s next update will give you control over restartable apps: Windows 10 can restore apps from your last session after a system reboot, but this feature is tied to the “Use my sign-in info to automatically finish setting up my device” setting in May 2019 Update or older. If you turn off this feature, the automatic sign-in will also stop...
  10. Windows 10 1903 Update - INTEL C600 Series Raid Controller doesn't allow update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 1903 Update - INTEL C600 Series Raid Controller doesn't allow update: I have a driver for Windows 10 from EVGA website for Windows 10 that's been working without problem. My board has an INTEL C606 Chipset, with drivers for both Intel C600 Series SAS Raid Controller , and C600 SATA AHCI. Windows says I need a new Windows 10 Driver before it...