Windows 10: Is there any way to create a shortcut to the alt+F4 shutdown menu?

Discus and support Is there any way to create a shortcut to the alt+F4 shutdown menu? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; When you press alt-F4 on the desktop it brings up a shutdown menu. I prefer using this menu but I was wondering if there’s a way to make a desktop... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/FloatingMilkshake, May 28, 2020.

1. Is there any way to create a shortcut to the alt+F4 shutdown menu?

When you press alt-F4 on the desktop it brings up a shutdown menu. I prefer using this menu but I was wondering if there’s a way to make a desktop shortcut to it.

submitted by /u/FloatingMilkshake
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/FloatingMilkshake, May 28, 2020

2. Shutdown shortcut can't use F4

I want to know if it's possible to make a 2 key shortcut like Alt F4 to shutdown the computer.

I can't use Alt F4 as the F4 key is mapped to screen share so if I dont want to use the mouse I end pressing winduws key plus x then tab down to sign out and shut down which seems a bit long winded.

TIA Bart

bartjunited, Jun 4, 2020
  3. adarshvr Win User
    Alt f4 not working

Can't use "alt+f4" shortcut.

When i enter alt+f4, the pop up box says "The item KHATRA.exe that this shortcut refers to has been changed or moved, so this shortcut will no longer work properly"

adarshvr, Jun 4, 2020
  4. slance310 Win User

Is there any way to create a shortcut to the alt+F4 shutdown menu?

Shutdown/Restart Shortcuts

Hi,

Go to C:\Windows\System32\shutdown and create a shortcut...

Select "Properties" of the shortcut and add the delay to the end of the shutdown.exe...

It should look like this for a STANDARD Shutdown... NOT using the Fast Startup Feature...

C:\Windows\System32\shutdown.exe -s -t 0

The -s is for the shutdown... the -t is for the delay time..., and the 0 is for the time... you could use a 30 for 30 seconds for instance...

The problem with this is that most all machines use a Fast Startup feature that needs a different command... C:\Windows\System32\shutdown.exe -s -hybrid -t 0...

For a Restart shortcut again create a shortcut to C:\Windows\System32\shutdown and change to this... C:\Windows\System32\shutdown.exe -r -t 0

The -r is for the Restart instead of Shutdown... The rest is the same..

You can also click on your Desktop, then press Alt+F4... This will bring up the Windows 7 style shutdown\restart\sleep\hibernate menu...

I have a programmable button on my mouse that is set for "Close"... This "Close" generates a "Alt+F4" command on any window you click on before hitting the button, and closes it...

This also brings up the Windows 7 style shutdown\restart menu...

I personally prefer to use the Windows 7 style menu for a Shutdown, and my custom Restart shortcut to restart.. This guarantees that the Fast Startup feature will work properly...

EDIT... Corrected the Restart command..

slance310, Jun 4, 2020
Thema:

Is there any way to create a shortcut to the alt+F4 shutdown menu?

1. Is there any way to create a shortcut to the alt+F4 shutdown menu? - Similar Threads - create shortcut alt+F4

2. how to change alt+fn+f4 to alt+f4

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how to change alt+fn+f4 to alt+f4: i want to change alt+fn+f4 to alt+f4 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-change-altfnf4-to-altf4/2d129716-bd1c-4dea-9dcd-9d312246cdff
  3. how to change alt+fn+f4 to alt+f4

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    how to change alt+fn+f4 to alt+f4: i want to change alt+fn+f4 to alt+f4 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-change-altfnf4-to-altf4/2d129716-bd1c-4dea-9dcd-9d312246cdff
  4. how to change alt+fn+f4 to alt+f4

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Alt+shift with F4

Alt+shift with F4: When I press on Alt + shift and F4 icons on desktop disappear and can't use right click on desktop , and i must restart the computer is this option to lock the desktop ? and if there is way to unlock again the desktop please let me know ....
  6. How to customize the ALT+F4 shutdown menu?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How to customize the ALT+F4 shutdown menu?: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/TooLazyToBeLazy [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/md325d/how_to_customize_the_altf4_shutdown_menu/
  7. Is there any way to hide programs in the Alt-Tab menu?

Is there any way to hide programs in the Alt-Tab menu?: basically the title. I have a few programs that I keep running on my pc at all times and I don't wanna tab into them is there any way that I can hide these programs from the Alt-Tab Menu specifically? Like for example, I keep OBS running every time my PC is on and I have...
  8. Alt + F4 / Fn + Alt + F4 Tips

Alt + F4 / Fn + Alt + F4 Tips: You may know Alt + F4 / Fn + Alt + F4 can close windows but when you do to the desktop Window Key + D Alt + F4 / Fn + Alt + F4 can also used to Shut Down/Restart/Switch Users/Sleep the computer....
  9. Disable Alt+4 shortcut (not f4)

Disable Alt+4 shortcut (not f4): Currently alt+4 is an alternative for alt+tab. How can I change or disable this specific shortcut? submitted by /u/SayAgainYourLast [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/k55jal/disable_alt4_shortcut_not_f4/
  10. Shutdown shortcut can't use F4

in Windows 10 Support
    Shutdown shortcut can't use F4: I want to know if it's possible to make a 2 key shortcut like Alt F4 to shutdown the computer. I can't use Alt F4 as the F4 key is mapped to screen share so if I dont want to use the mouse I end pressing winduws key plus x then tab down to sign out and shut down which seems...