Windows 10: Is there any way to create a virtual desktop without having the shortcuts that I have on my...

Discus and support Is there any way to create a virtual desktop without having the shortcuts that I have on my... in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; if this is not possible, are there any programs that would allow me to do so? submitted by /u/King_Donut_ [link] [comments]... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/King_Donut_, Oct 11, 2020.

1. Is there any way to create a virtual desktop without having the shortcuts that I have on my...

if this is not possible, are there any programs that would allow me to do so?

submitted by /u/King_Donut_
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/King_Donut_, Oct 11, 2020

2. Desktop Shortcut Icons

Hi Mik-Dav,

The desktop shortcut created for a specific website should bear the website's actual logo. With what you've experienced, there could be something wrong with how the shortcut was created.

If you've created the shortcut by selecting Create shortcut, then we suggest that you try the other way, that is by dragging the website icon that appears in the address bar to your desktop. Follow these steps:

• Using Internet Explorer, access a website.
    • Once the website opens, you will see its icon in the address bar.
    • Click and drag the icon on your desktop.

The website shortcut bearing its actual logo should now be saved on your desktop.

Let us know if you need further help.

Regards.

Vanessa Yar, Oct 11, 2020
  3. virtual desktops programs shortcuts

I just updated to Win 10

and wondering about virtual desktop

1 - virtual desktop

these will be saved when shutting down ?

2 - program shortcuts and file shortcuts

on my main desktop I have a lot of shortcut for programs and files

is there a way to move shortcuts and how for program or files to another virtual desktop?

thanks for any feedback

RickyJohn_747, Oct 11, 2020
  4. Amit_Sun Win User

Is there any way to create a virtual desktop without having the shortcuts that I have on my...

Create Ethernet adapter shortcut on the desktop.

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

To create the Ethernet shortcut on your desktop, you can follow the step provided below.

Step: Create Ethernet shortcut on the desktop.

1. Press Windows + R key on your keyboard together.
    2. Type in ncpa.cpl
      and hit enter.
    3. You will see all your network adapter.
    4. Right click on your desired adapter and click on
      Create Shortcut and allow the prompt.
    5. Or you can drag and drop the network adapter on the desktop that will create a shortcut too.
    6. You can now right on the shortcut on your desktop and disable and enable internet connection.

If you still face the issue, reply to this post with more information.

Hope it helps.

Amit Sunar

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Amit_Sun, Oct 11, 2020
Thema:

Is there any way to create a virtual desktop without having the shortcuts that I have on my...

1. Is there any way to create a virtual desktop without having the shortcuts that I have on my... - Similar Threads - create virtual desktop

2. I have created a GPO to create a URL Shortcut on Desktop but it is not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I have created a GPO to create a URL Shortcut on Desktop but it is not working: Dear Support,I have created a URL Shortcut GPO to create a URL based shortcut on desktop but its not working on old profiles. Kindly guide me why is it not working for old user Profiles. I have logged-on the with this new Profile:Kindly guide me.Thanks....
  3. I have created a GPO to create a URL Shortcut on Desktop but it is not working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I have created a GPO to create a URL Shortcut on Desktop but it is not working: Dear Support,I have created a URL Shortcut GPO to create a URL based shortcut on desktop but its not working on old profiles. Kindly guide me why is it not working for old user Profiles. I have logged-on the with this new Profile:Kindly guide me.Thanks....
  4. Logging into my desktop computer without having created a PIN

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Logging into my desktop computer without having created a PIN: I log into my computer each morning with the same password. This morning the computer asked me to enter a PIN. I assumed this was another way of asking again for my password, since I have never created a PIN, just a password. I tried to access the computer several times in...
  5. Logging into my desktop computer without having created a PIN

Logging into my desktop computer without having created a PIN: I log into my computer each morning with the same password. This morning the computer asked me to enter a PIN. I assumed this was another way of asking again for my password, since I have never created a PIN, just a password. I tried to access the computer several times in...
  6. Having trouble in creating shortcuts

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Having trouble in creating shortcuts: I think most people are having the same issue like me. I was about to create a shortcut but it says the following error message: -I mean it's not an error, but it's just that I don't understand. I don't know whether I did it correct or not. But I have done it correct, I swear...
  7. Having trouble in creating shortcuts

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Having trouble in creating shortcuts: I think most people are having the same issue like me. I was about to create a shortcut but it says the following error message: -I mean it's not an error, but it's just that I don't understand. I don't know whether I did it correct or not. But I have done it correct, I swear...
  8. Having trouble in creating shortcuts

9. Is there any way to release my mouse on a virtual desktop?

in Windows 10 Customization
    Is there any way to release my mouse on a virtual desktop?: Is there any way to release my mouse on a virtual desktop windows 10? i want to run a game bot on one desktop which requires full use of the mouse, i want to carry on using my mouse on another virtual desktop? i have searched around many places but cannot find the answer,...
  10. Is there any way to have two desktop environments altogether? Not just multiple virtual...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Is there any way to have two desktop environments altogether? Not just multiple virtual...: the best way I can describe what I'm looking for is it's like switching between users but it's actually the same account, with same permissions and file access. Any ideas? For clarification: you know how you can have multiple virtual desktops? Think of a set of desktops as...