Windows 10: Is there any way to disable certain cameras for certain applications?

Discus and support Is there any way to disable certain cameras for certain applications? in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; An example is only using OBS virtual camera on chrome while my regular webcam is disabled but OBS will be using that webcam for the virtual webcam. Can... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by AwesomeGB, Feb 16, 2021.

1. AwesomeGB Win User

Is there any way to disable certain cameras for certain applications?

An example is only using OBS virtual camera on chrome while my regular webcam is disabled but OBS will be using that webcam for the virtual webcam. Can I do that?

:)

AwesomeGB, Feb 16, 2021

2. No Way to Move, Minimize, Maximize Certain Programs

So I've searched around the help forums and I've found RELATED questions to my current problem, but no specific solution. The issue that I am having is that certain programs (e.g. Ninjatrader) once open do not allow me to move windows around, minimize or
    maximize. Those buttons do not exist. So I'm stuck with windows at a certain size and can do nothing about. it. This is only for certain applications though, for example I do no have this issue with 99% of the other applications I'm running.

Suggestions?

JamaalRichardson, Feb 16, 2021
  3. Disabling certain applications temporarily

Is there a program that allows me to temporarily disable certain applications/services while I am running something?

Just wanna use that to stop my anti-virus program (and some other stuffs as well) while I'm playing a game.

I often find it annoying because it constantly scans the computer files which causes lags and network disconnection while I play.

I'm not looking for an answer like "You can just turn the anti-virus program off manually before you play the game."

Thank you!

jonathan#c, Feb 16, 2021
  4. Is there any way to disable certain cameras for certain applications?

Can You Disable User Account Control on certain Programs?

This worked thanks, but is there a way to disable it on certain programs only

reececarter, Feb 16, 2021
Thema:

Is there any way to disable certain cameras for certain applications?

1. Is there any way to disable certain cameras for certain applications? - Similar Threads - disable certain cameras

2. Discoloration on certain applications

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Discoloration on certain applications: When i use certain applications, such as Steam and Discord, there is a major shift of discoloration, giving everything a slight purple hue. This has started affecting my default applications like Windows Explorer, where images will be displayed normally, but when opened with...
  3. Discoloration on certain applications

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Discoloration on certain applications: When i use certain applications, such as Steam and Discord, there is a major shift of discoloration, giving everything a slight purple hue. This has started affecting my default applications like Windows Explorer, where images will be displayed normally, but when opened with...
  4. Is there a way to disable indexing of certain external drives?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Is there a way to disable indexing of certain external drives?: I have recently purchased an external 4TB USB HDD. Using it as a backup, that means it's been more than half full from the start, and I need to be able to just connect it to any PC and update the backups quickly. The problem is that Windows 10 starts indexing the drive as...
  5. Is there a way to disable indexing of certain external drives?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Is there a way to disable indexing of certain external drives?: I have recently purchased an external 4TB USB HDD. Using it as a backup, that means it's been more than half full from the start, and I need to be able to just connect it to any PC and update the backups quickly. The problem is that Windows 10 starts indexing the drive as...
  6. Is there a way to disable indexing of certain external drives?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  7. Certain applications not launching

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Certain applications not launching: I have had problems with various applications on my computer randomly stop working. It started a few months ago when a program called Overwolf randomly stopped launching, not even giving an error code. Later more apps started failing, including Logitech G hub, and bluestacks....
  8. Is there a way to disable UWP suspension in certain apps?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Is there a way to disable UWP suspension in certain apps?: I play Minecraft Bedrock, but sometimes I need to open up another program like Discord or Spotify. However, when I go back into Minecraft, it's disconnected and I need to close out and reopen it to work again. Is there a way to disable UWP app suspension for it? submitted by...
  9. Is there any way to lock a window in a certain position?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Is there any way to lock a window in a certain position?: I want to record a certain window, but it requires an specific angle in order to do so. I have to resize the window and position it in a set position for the recording to go smoother, but the problem is every time I close said window, it opens on full screen as if I didn't do...
  10. Disabling certain applications temporarily

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Disabling certain applications temporarily: Is there a program that allows me to temporarily disable certain applications/services while I am running something? Just wanna use that to stop my anti-virus program (and some other stuffs as well) while I'm playing a game. I often find it annoying because it constantly...