Windows 10: Is there any way to disable microphone icon in system tray without using settings app?

Discus and support Is there any way to disable microphone icon in system tray without using settings app? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Is there any way to disable microphone icon in system tray without using settings app? E.g. registry or group policy? submitted by /u/sevenseal... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/sevenseal, Nov 7, 2019.

1. Is there any way to disable microphone icon in system tray without using settings app?

Is there any way to disable microphone icon in system tray without using settings app? E.g. registry or group policy?

submitted by /u/sevenseal
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/sevenseal, Nov 7, 2019
  2. hellrazor Win User

Easy enable/disable microphone?

My bro just got a microphone and I was wondering if there's an easy way to enable or disable it. I know you can right click on the volume icon, click on select recording devices then select the microphone, then click properties, then click on levels, and mute it - but that's just way too many steps, I'm looking for a more obvious and much easier way to do it.

hellrazor, Nov 7, 2019
  3. Arun B J Win User
    Built in microphone not working

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I understand your concern and will assist you to resolve this issue.

I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if it helps

Method 1: I suggest you to set microphone as default device and check.

• Right click on the volume icon in the system tray and then click "Recording devices"

• Right click on the blank space in the popped up window and then select "Show Disabled Devices" and "Show Disconnected Devices".

• Right click on Microphone and then click "Enable".

• Highlight the microphone and then choose "Set as Default Device".

• Click Apply and OK.

Step 2: Make sure that the Microphone is not disabled.

• Make sure that the Microphone is not disabled. Follow the steps given to check that:

• Right click on the volume icon and select “Recording devices”.

• Now, Right Click on an empty space and select, “Show disconnected devices” and “Show disabled devices”.

• Make sure that the Microphone is not disabled.

And also update the audio drivers from the manufacturer web site and install.

Hope this helps. If the issue remains unresolved, please get back to us and we would be happy to help

Arun B J, Nov 7, 2019
  4. Is there any way to disable microphone icon in system tray without using settings app?

Tray icon disappears

I've been experiencing since the installation of Windows XP SP2 on multiple machines with the ATITool Tray Icon disappearing upon load at system startup. Sometimes it's there, sometimes it's not. Enabling or Disabling the "Hide Inactive (tray) Icons" WinXP menu option doesn't have any effect. The only way to open ATITool after it has loaded is to go through the start menu to open it again. I have "minimize on close" selected in ATITool. When closing ATITool, you see it make the motions of minimizing to the tray area but no icon is displayed. Any ideas?

djshowergel, Nov 7, 2019
Thema:

Is there any way to disable microphone icon in system tray without using settings app?

1. Is there any way to disable microphone icon in system tray without using settings app? - Similar Threads - disable microphone icon

2. Cant use icons in system tray

in Windows 10 Customization
    Cant use icons in system tray: I just install application for my work and I dont think it will cause problem at all in my system tray. I cant use the icons I cant click on anything. I tried to uninstall the app but still the issue persists. I dont know what cause of this but no icons are working. I even...
  3. Cant use icons in system tray

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cant use icons in system tray: I just install application for my work and I dont think it will cause problem at all in my system tray. I cant use the icons I cant click on anything. I tried to uninstall the app but still the issue persists. I dont know what cause of this but no icons are working. I even...
  4. Cant use icons in system tray

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Windows 11 - Microphone icon in system tray

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 - Microphone icon in system tray: Hello.I was wondering, is there any way to completely get rid of the microphone icon on the system tray without including adding it onto the "Show hidden icons"?It's really annoying having that....
  6. Windows 11 - Microphone icon in system tray

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 - Microphone icon in system tray: Hello.I was wondering, is there any way to completely get rid of the microphone icon on the system tray without including adding it onto the "Show hidden icons"?It's really annoying having that....
  7. Is there any way to make the app size on the system tray bigger?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Is there any way to make the app size on the system tray bigger?: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/Blood_of_Lucifer [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/lgh3i1/is_there_any_way_to_make_the_app_size_on_the/
  8. how to disable microphone icon in system tray

how to disable microphone icon in system tray: but just the icon, no i dont want to HIDE it, or disable my mic, i want it not to appear, useless icon i dont want or need. i know the reson it was made, but for the people it was made for WONT SEE IT! and onoly the people wasnt made for will, so thanks <irrelevant content...
  9. How to Disable the System Tray Icons "Jumping"

How to Disable the System Tray Icons "Jumping": For a while now, the icons in my system tray (bottom right corner of the screen next to where date & time is displayed) have been "jumping". This makes it difficult to click on an icon such as power, sound, or network. As far as I can tell, this glitch occurs every time I'm...
  10. Are there any microphone controls in windows 10 system tray

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Are there any microphone controls in windows 10 system tray: Previous versions of Windows had microphone controls in the system tray but I can't find any for the life of me in windows 10. Almost any change to the microphone requires a 7+ step process. Simply turning a microphone on or off. Changing the input volume. Setting up a...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. system icon microphone GPO

2. microphone tray remove icon