Windows 10: Is there any way to disable that the start menu sidebar opens on hover?

Discus and support Is there any way to disable that the start menu sidebar opens on hover? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; [ATTACH] submitted by /u/duradara [link] [comments]... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/duradara, Nov 30, 2019.

1. Is there any way to disable that the start menu sidebar opens on hover?

/u/duradara, Nov 30, 2019

2. Disable Start Menu Hover

Hey there!
    When I'm in the main desktop and I hover over the start button for 2 seconds, the start menu appears.
    Is there any way to disable that? It's REALLY annoying.
    Thanks in advance.

karolsitarz, Nov 30, 2019
  3. davidhk Win User
    Disable Start Menu Hover

Try another mouse, wired or wireless, and see if you have the same issue.

Try another USB port, if you have more than one.

davidhk, Nov 30, 2019
  4. Edwin Win User

Is there any way to disable that the start menu sidebar opens on hover?

Left Sidebar on the Start Menu is collapsed showing just Icons

@blueflash, welcome to tenforums.com! Is there any way to disable that the start menu sidebar opens on hover? :)

Unfortunately there is no work around for what you wish in the latest Builds.
    You could, however, set "MouseHoverTime" in the Registry to show a hover tip (1) in a fraction of a second, or
    you could create shortcuts to those locations and add them to your Start Menu, (2)

(Also, eventually you begin memorizing which icon is which, in that list)

Is there any way to disable that the start menu sidebar opens on hover? [​IMG]

Edwin, Nov 30, 2019
Thema:

Is there any way to disable that the start menu sidebar opens on hover?

1. Is there any way to disable that the start menu sidebar opens on hover? - Similar Threads - disable start menu

2. Is there a way to disable the Recommended Section in the Start Menu?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Is there a way to disable the Recommended Section in the Start Menu?: I have tried using third party apps, but the problem is, they block the recommended section but there are many other issues like File Explorer crashes on right clicking on the Taskbar. I know there is no official fix to that but is there any script, anyone can share to fix...
  3. How to disable start menu auto expand on hover?

in Windows 10 Customization
    How to disable start menu auto expand on hover?: It is incredibly annoying that it jumps back and forth and it does right at the moment when I usually click on it. I tried this but it's not working: https://winaero.com/blog/disable-start-menu-auto-expand-on-mouse-over-in-windows-10/...
  4. How to disable start menu auto expand on hover?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How to disable start menu auto expand on hover?: I tried this but it's not working: https://winaero.com/blog/disable-start-menu-auto-expand-on-mouse-over-in-windows-10/ Windows 10 Pro build 19041.508 Feature Experience Pack 120.2212.31.0 submitted by /u/szqk [link] [comments]...
  5. How to disable start menu auto expand on hover?

How to disable start menu auto expand on hover?: I tried this but it's not working: https://winaero.com/blog/disable-start-menu-auto-expand-on-mouse-over-in-windows-10/ Windows 10 Pro build 19041.508 Feature Experience Pack 120.2212.31.0 submitted by /u/szqk [link] [comments]...
  6. How to disable start menu auto expand on hover?

7. How to disable start menu auto expand on hover?

How to disable start menu auto expand on hover?: This is the most annoying update ever for me, so is there a way to turn it off in the registry? submitted by /u/szqk [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/ixnwmk/how_to_disable_start_menu_auto_expand_on_hover/
  8. The sidebar icons not responding in start menu

The sidebar icons not responding in start menu: You pretty much understand my problem.. The sidebar in start menu where the account, documents, settings etc. come Whenever I click on any 1 of them It doesn't respond.. The start menu just crashes. I don't know why but this new win 10 update is awful. It takes upto 2 gb ram...
  9. Disable Start Menu Hover

Disable Start Menu Hover: Hey there! When I'm in the main desktop and I hover over the start button for 2 seconds, the start menu appears. Is there any way to disable that? It's REALLY annoying. Thanks in advance. 36417
  10. Is there a way to disable the 'New' text in the Start Menu?

Is there a way to disable the 'New' text in the Start Menu?: When a new program is installed it displays 'New' next to it and next to 'all apps' in the start menu, any way to disable? Thanks 16739