Windows 10: Is there any way to disable triple buffering on dwm.exe yet?

Discus and support Is there any way to disable triple buffering on dwm.exe yet? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; This has been an absolute nightmare for me since I got off of Windows 7, and I know that you can't disable DWM.exe, but can you turn off the triple... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/ChipsAhoiMcCoy, Jul 8, 2020.

1. Is there any way to disable triple buffering on dwm.exe yet?

This has been an absolute nightmare for me since I got off of Windows 7, and I know that you can't disable DWM.exe, but can you turn off the triple buffering aspect of it? I have a G-SYNC monitor, so I don't need the syncing from DWM.

submitted by /u/ChipsAhoiMcCoy
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/ChipsAhoiMcCoy, Jul 8, 2020
  2. MatTheCat Win User

Triple Buffering in Direct X ???

I am wondering whether or not anyone here can tell me the correct way of using D3D Overrider to enforce Triple Buffering in Direct X?

Do I enable Triple Buffering thru D3D ovdrv with or without V-Sync enabled?

Of course, I have tried it with both V-Sync on and off and find that only V-Sync enabled provides satisfactory (no tearing results). If the idea is to gain performance by leaving V-sync off, then I dont really see what visual improvement Triple Buffering provides?

Can anyone shed any light on this matter?

MatTheCat, Jul 8, 2020
  3. OrbitzXT Win User
    Triple Buffering Question

I never really knew the numbers behind Triple Buffering, if some smart person would fill me in. As I understand it, when you have V-Sync on, if your GPU can't maintain 60 FPS and you don't have Triple Buffering on you'll drop down to 30 or so FPS. I get that part, but what exactly does Triple Buffering do? When you drop below 60FPS with both options on, are you able to have say 58 FPS? Or is there another number that Triple Buffering drops it down to, like how V-Sync without the buffer would bring it down to 30?

OrbitzXT, Jul 8, 2020
  4. Rekuja72 Win User

Is there any way to disable triple buffering on dwm.exe yet?

Borderless Gaming and forced Vsync/Triple Buffering

It's a known issue and it does force triple buffering,

common problem with 8 and 10. You can see the difference by switching from full to borderless

Rekuja72, Jul 8, 2020
Thema:

Is there any way to disable triple buffering on dwm.exe yet?

1. Is there any way to disable triple buffering on dwm.exe yet? - Similar Threads - disable triple buffering

2. Is there any way to disable dx12 or d3d12?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Is there any way to disable dx12 or d3d12?: Ive been trying to play Titanic Honor and Glory but it keeps saying "DX12 is not supported on your system. Try running without the -dx12 or -d3d12 command line argument.". I use a Windows 10....
  3. DWM in Windows 11. Yet again.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    DWM in Windows 11. Yet again.: There's quite a bit of problem I've been facing regarding the DWM. It almost always takes around 100-150 MB of the precious RAM.I've already tried plenty ways on the internet. I saw in many fixes, the animations and visual effects are to be compromised to achieve lesser dwm...
  4. DWM in Windows 11. Yet again.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    DWM in Windows 11. Yet again.: There's quite a bit of problem I've been facing regarding the DWM. It almost always takes around 100-150 MB of the precious RAM.I've already tried plenty ways on the internet. I saw in many fixes, the animations and visual effects are to be compromised to achieve lesser dwm...
  5. dwm exe taking too much ram

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    dwm exe taking too much ram: so, ive had this problem few weeks ago, and it annoys me because i had to restart almost everyday. hope someone could help me https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/dwm-exe-taking-too-much-ram/e8a7fb6d-a9c2-4c4a-b2e4-c6a4376104bf
  6. Games are forced to run in Triple buffering mode

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Games are forced to run in Triple buffering mode: Regardless of the setting "Disable fullscreen optimizations" checked or unchecked, games run in Triple buffering mode rather than in Double buffering mode. Take Grand Theft Auto V for instance, the game runs fine in fullscreen mode with Double buffering Vsync until navigated...
  7. disabling dwm access denied

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    disabling dwm access denied: I created another post since my first got unasnwered 20 days and editing doesn't bring up my question. I am trying to terminate dwm on windows 10, i found this guide dwm - Temporarily disable Desktop Composition in Windows 10? - Super User After i suspend explorer.exe i try...
  8. Why does DWM force triple buffering and v-sync in windowed games?

in Windows 10 Customization
    Why does DWM force triple buffering and v-sync in windowed games?: It has just come to my attention that Windows 10 forces triple buffering and V-sync in windowed and borderless-windowed games via Desktop Window Manager. This is baffling to someone who plays latency critical games regularly and uses dual displays, though I would imagine it...
  9. Any way to disable a controller button?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Any way to disable a controller button?: I have a USB connected controller. There is one button on the controller that is faulty and switches itself on when I'm not expecting it. I would like to find a way to disable this particular button. I can see the specific button when I'm in Windows USB game controller...
  10. Borderless Gaming and forced DWM / Tripple Buffering

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Borderless Gaming and forced DWM / Tripple Buffering: Hey guys, I've had this problem for a while now and I can't seem to find anything after weeks and weeks of googling Basically, I run my games in Borderless because I have multiple monitors, it's easier for me to switch between monitor 1 and 2 this way. With Windows 7 I...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows 10 dwm buffer

2. windows 10 dwm byffer

3. turn off yriple buffering in bordetless