Windows 10: Is there any way to fix file transfer speed issues?

Discus and support Is there any way to fix file transfer speed issues? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I'm going from an SSD to a USB 3.1 drive... my usb 3 ports are built into the MB if that matters Imgur submitted by /u/chewy_mcchewster [link]... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/chewy_mcchewster, Nov 9, 2019.

1. Is there any way to fix file transfer speed issues?

I'm going from an SSD to a USB 3.1 drive... my usb 3 ports are built into the MB if that matters

Imgur

submitted by /u/chewy_mcchewster
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/chewy_mcchewster, Nov 9, 2019

2. Slow File Transfer Speeds (WiFi)

Hi Ruz,

Thank you for your reply.

I have checked out all your suggestions, but nothing has so far improved the transfer speeds. To clarify the issue:

My requirement is to transfer files from my desktop PC to my laptop. The desktop is connected to the network with an Ethernet cable.

When connecting the SB2 to the network by Ethernet, the cable is connected to the laptop via an Ethernet > USB C connector, attaining transfer speeds of around 100 MB/sec. When connecting via WiFi, the transfer speeds drop to around 30 MB/sec, whether I
    am using the built-in WiFi adapter or the new, third party adapter.

By way of comparison, I am achieving transfer speeds of around 80 MB/sec when transferring to my 8-year old MacBook Pro via WiFi in the same environment.

According to various internet speed test utilities, I do not have any issues when uploading/downloading via Ethernet or WiFi, which give similar results.

To summarise, the only issues seems to be the file transfer speeds when using WiFi.

SkyriderUK, Nov 9, 2019
  3. Slow data transfer speed.

Hi,

One of the possible reason that this issue occurs is due to the driver compatibility after Windows upgrade. For us to isolate the issue, we’ll need the following details:

• What type of data transfer speed are you referring to? Is it internet connection speed or file transfer speed?
    • If you are referring to file transfer speed, are you using USB drive or Bluetooth to process file transfer? or,
    • If you are referring to internet connection speed, are you using Ethernet cable or Wi-Fi?
    • Can you tell us any troubleshooting you've done so far?

We'll be waiting for your response.

Efraim Gar, Nov 9, 2019
  4. Liezl Fal Win User

Is there any way to fix file transfer speed issues?

USB transfer speed restricted to 1MBps

Hi,

Allow us to ask the following questions so we can properly address your concern:

• What type of files were you trying to transfer?
    • When you say USB transfer speed, are you referring to the speed when transferring the files from that computer to another device, or the other way around?
    • Did you do any updates to your computer prior to this issue? Was it working fine before?

We will wait for your reply.

Regards.

Liezl Fal, Nov 9, 2019
Thema:

Is there any way to fix file transfer speed issues?

1. Is there any way to fix file transfer speed issues? - Similar Threads - fix file transfer

2. Any help fixing this issue?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Any help fixing this issue?: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/foxi123 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/dw8d2e/any_help_fixing_this_issue/
  3. File Transfer Issue

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    File Transfer Issue: Hello, I was transferring files from my USB flash drive to my Documents folder, but there was a problem with the USB and it stopped working while transferring my files. Could my files be corrupted? And could this affect my computer? Please let me know. Any help will be...
  4. Speed up USB3 File Transfer

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Speed up USB3 File Transfer: I was copying some large Hyper-V vhds to an external ssd from an internal ssd via usb3, and I was getting a sedate 130 MBS even through the ssds can handle close to 500 MB/S and USB3 can handle up to 480 MB/s. Of course, we all know that in the real world, you are lucky if...
  5. transfer speeds ,copying files extremely difficult

transfer speeds ,copying files extremely difficult: transfer speed to 3.0 usb from explorer file in pc extremely slow,worst i ever seen.all day to transfer one iso file. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-networking/transfer-speeds-copying-files-extremely-difficult/aa059424-ac32-4844-954c-3c4b07cdc991
  6. Is there any way of fixing a 'Bad' HDD?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Is there any way of fixing a 'Bad' HDD?: [img] 93412
  7. Extremely slow intranet file transfer speed

Extremely slow intranet file transfer speed: Windows 10 Pro Build: 1709 OS Build: 16299.309 I have three pc's on my home network. One had windows 10 from the factory the other two were Win 7 and 8.1 and all were experiencing 70-90MB/sec file transfer speeds. My internet was and still is 60MB/sec. After upgrading to...
  8. Increase transfer speed of windows file transfer (SMB)

Increase transfer speed of windows file transfer (SMB): I have setup a shared drive so I can access my files with my Android devices but the transfer speed is very slow around 500 KB - 1.5 MB per second. My QNAP NAS that also using SMB is transfering very fast up to 12 MB/s. Can i increase transfer speed of SMB? 97787
  9. Any way to fix corrupt files from USB stick ?

in Windows 10 Support
    Any way to fix corrupt files from USB stick ?: Is this possible ? Ran both programs multiple times .. Ran cc cleaner to get rid of bad registry entries . Nothing is working . Used the media creator and burnt a USB stick . Is there a way to fix corruption with this ? The drive letter for the USB stick is L. Any assistance...
  10. File Transfer Speed Extremely Low

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    File Transfer Speed Extremely Low: Hi. I was trying to copy a 2gb file over to another folder, and the transfer speed dropped down to kilobytes or even bytes per second. Sometimes, however, it wildly fluctuates all over the place - from 4KB/s to 50MB/s. How can I fix this? Thanks. 76291