Windows 10: Is there any way to fix file transfer speed issues?

Discus and support Is there any way to fix file transfer speed issues? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I'm going from an SSD to a USB 3.1 drive... my usb 3 ports are built into the MB if that matters Imgur submitted by /u/chewy_mcchewster [link]... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/chewy_mcchewster, Nov 9, 2019.

1. Is there any way to fix file transfer speed issues?

I'm going from an SSD to a USB 3.1 drive... my usb 3 ports are built into the MB if that matters

Imgur

submitted by /u/chewy_mcchewster
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/chewy_mcchewster, Nov 9, 2019

2. Slow File Transfer Speeds (WiFi)

Hi Ruz,

Thank you for your reply.

I have checked out all your suggestions, but nothing has so far improved the transfer speeds. To clarify the issue:

My requirement is to transfer files from my desktop PC to my laptop. The desktop is connected to the network with an Ethernet cable.

When connecting the SB2 to the network by Ethernet, the cable is connected to the laptop via an Ethernet > USB C connector, attaining transfer speeds of around 100 MB/sec. When connecting via WiFi, the transfer speeds drop to around 30 MB/sec, whether I
    am using the built-in WiFi adapter or the new, third party adapter.

By way of comparison, I am achieving transfer speeds of around 80 MB/sec when transferring to my 8-year old MacBook Pro via WiFi in the same environment.

According to various internet speed test utilities, I do not have any issues when uploading/downloading via Ethernet or WiFi, which give similar results.

To summarise, the only issues seems to be the file transfer speeds when using WiFi.

SkyriderUK, Nov 9, 2019
  3. Slow data transfer speed.

Hi,

One of the possible reason that this issue occurs is due to the driver compatibility after Windows upgrade. For us to isolate the issue, we’ll need the following details:

• What type of data transfer speed are you referring to? Is it internet connection speed or file transfer speed?
    • If you are referring to file transfer speed, are you using USB drive or Bluetooth to process file transfer? or,
    • If you are referring to internet connection speed, are you using Ethernet cable or Wi-Fi?
    • Can you tell us any troubleshooting you've done so far?

We'll be waiting for your response.

Efraim Gar, Nov 9, 2019
  4. Liezl Fal Win User

Is there any way to fix file transfer speed issues?

USB transfer speed restricted to 1MBps

Hi,

Allow us to ask the following questions so we can properly address your concern:

• What type of files were you trying to transfer?
    • When you say USB transfer speed, are you referring to the speed when transferring the files from that computer to another device, or the other way around?
    • Did you do any updates to your computer prior to this issue? Was it working fine before?

We will wait for your reply.

Regards.

Liezl Fal, Nov 9, 2019
Thema:

Is there any way to fix file transfer speed issues?

1. Is there any way to fix file transfer speed issues? - Similar Threads - fix file transfer

2. Is there any way to fix this?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Is there any way to fix this?: The websites i´m on keep reloading itself and if i´m watching something the video/episode/movie starts at the beginning. This happens a lot and its very irritating, is there any way to fix this. I have used chrome for many years and this is the first time witnessing this. I...
  3. Is there any way to fix this?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Is there any way to fix this?: The websites i´m on keep reloading itself and if i´m watching something the video/episode/movie starts at the beginning. This happens a lot and its very irritating, is there any way to fix this. I have used chrome for many years and this is the first time witnessing this. I...
  4. Is there a way to fix this issue?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Is there a way to fix this issue?: I was trying to delete a file but it said it was running in dwm.exe. So I hit end process on DWM. I’ve tried to restart my computer but every time it turns on it instantly goes black and I see nothing but black screen. Is there a way to fix this?...
  5. Is there any way to fix this?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Is there any way to fix this?: One day I was starting my laptop and this appeared! I've tried all of the troubleshooting steps but nothing works! My PC manufacturer, "ASUS" said the Windows is corrupted and they'll be needing to reset it completely to brand new! Is there any way to fix this without doing...
  6. Is there any way to fix this?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Is there any way to fix this?: One day I was starting my laptop and this appeared! I've tried all of the troubleshooting steps but nothing works! My PC manufacturer, "ASUS" said the Windows is corrupted and they'll be needing to reset it completely to brand new! Is there any way to fix this without doing...
  7. Is there any way to control the fan speed?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Is there any way to control the fan speed?: I use a Mac as well and there is a utility app called Macs Fan Control where you can easily set a custom fan speed. On the other hand, my windows laptops overheats a lot and I'd like to know if there is any way I can increase/decrease the fan speed... If you know a way then...
  8. Any way to slow scroll speed.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Any way to slow scroll speed.: I have Lenovo laptop with touchpad mouse, windows 10. I have access to file of literally hundreds of wedding photos. Scroll speed is too fast and always stops in middle of 2 photos. any way to slow scroll speed?...
  9. Is there any way to fix this?.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Is there any way to fix this?.: So basically when i download i usually do 10mbs, but when i download now its 200kbs and when i do a diagnostic it says The connection between your access point, router, or cable modem and the Internet is broken. And it says this to fix it....
  10. Any way to fix this?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Any way to fix this?: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/BleedingSimonGamer [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/etbmca/any_way_to_fix_this/