Windows 10: Is there any way to force an Android phone to do a USB transfer to a Windows computer?

Discus and support Is there any way to force an Android phone to do a USB transfer to a Windows computer? in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Pretty much the title question. The Microsoft phone app is dead: not viable. It will transfer ONE picture but never more than one. Yes you can transfer... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Gallienus53, Jan 25, 2022.

1. Is there any way to force an Android phone to do a USB transfer to a Windows computer?

Pretty much the title question. The Microsoft phone app is dead: not viable. It will transfer ONE picture but never more than one. Yes you can transfer 1,200 pictures but you have to 1st preview, then transfer them One at a time. This is not-workable in case anybody from MS is listening.Supposedly certain USB cables pretty much hit & miss will allow data transfer rather then that **** USB charging but right now my favored cable will not work. Yes I can try other cables but same thing: USB charging. I have a dedicated charger for charging, why not allow Data transfer when connecting

:)

Gallienus53, Jan 25, 2022

2. Transferring data from phone to computer

Once I attached the phone to the computer via USB, and set it up for file access/transfer, I can see it in my list of hard drives.

I simply click on the hard drive entry for the phone to open the contents, navigate to the folder, and copy files off.

OldNavyGuy, Jan 25, 2022
  3. Tabvla Win User
    Cannot see phone files on computer

SOLVED. It was a well-hidden setting to change the USB type.

I have a new phone running Android Oreo. I have taken a few test photos and a couple of test videos. Some have been saved to the phone's internal storage and some to an SD Card.

I have connected the phone to a W10 computer using the USB cable supplied with the phone. Windows identifies the phone correctly and automatically installs the driver and the phone is then correctly listed in Explorer. If I click on the phone in Explorer, Windows displays a message "No files on this device" and consequently the file section of the Explorer window is empty. The phone displays that it is being charged from the USB port. Therefore it would seem that both Windows and the phone are reporting that the USB connection is working as expected.

My previous phone was a Windows phone and as expected the phone worked seamlessly with Windows computers. I am still finding my way around Android so I may have missed something obvious. The instruction in the phone User Guide is simply to "......connect the phone to the Windows computer using the supplied USB cable and after installing the drivers the files and folders on your phone will be accessible.....".

Well that does not seem to be quite correct....*Sad

Thanks for any suggestions.

T.

Tabvla, Jan 25, 2022
  4. NOV
    Nov Win User

Is there any way to force an Android phone to do a USB transfer to a Windows computer?

No file transfer window when transferring files on android phones.

Device: One plus 2, Nexus 5, 7, and others not showing file transfer window when transferring files

Brand: RazerModel: Razer

Blade 2016 (GTX 1060 edition)

Does this occur with other devices on this machine? : Yes

Does this happen on other laptops? : No

Does this occur when using different cables? : Yes

Does this occur on both modes MTP and PTP? : Yes

What happened when the device is unplugged While attempting to transfer a file?:

An error occurs as if the file were transferring in the background unseen but, it isn't.
    It's been checked under task manager.
    Steps Taken:Deleted any and all drivers dealing with Android through Device Manager -> show hidden devices -> uninstalled drivers.

Used different usb type "c" cables.

Uninstalled and reinstalled one plus drivers,

Uninstalled drivers for mtp and reinstalled

Updated all drivers per laptop website

Ran sfc/scannow tools, no issues found

Ran disk clean up, cleared all and any temp file (ex: cache, cookies, java cache)

This issue has been found to be windows itself and not the device(s).

Please feel free to throw me suggestions after reading through what was done! *Biggrin

Thema:

Is there any way to force an Android phone to do a USB transfer to a Windows computer?

1. Is there any way to force an Android phone to do a USB transfer to a Windows computer? - Similar Threads - force Android phone

2. Is there any way to install windows on an external hard drive through a Android phone. not...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Is there any way to install windows on an external hard drive through a Android phone. not...: My PC's hdd just got dead and i have a external useless hdd liying around. i want to install windows through my phone to that hdd.not making it to a useless boot drive. I want to install actual windows into that hdd.so later when i will fix it.this would be an portable...
  3. Is there any way to install windows on an external hard drive through a Android phone. not...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Is there any way to install windows on an external hard drive through a Android phone. not...: My PC's hdd just got dead and i have a external useless hdd liying around. i want to install windows through my phone to that hdd.not making it to a useless boot drive. I want to install actual windows into that hdd.so later when i will fix it.this would be an portable...
  4. Transfer files from Android phone via USB to Win11 laptop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Transfer files from Android phone via USB to Win11 laptop: How do I transfer files from Android phone via USB to Win11 laptop not via MyPhone app, not via OneDrive, not via any other cloud storage service? I'm trying to simply access my phone's picture folder through USB and transfer photos to the laptop, and my photo folder on the...
  5. Transfer files from Android phone via USB to Win11 laptop

Transfer files from Android phone via USB to Win11 laptop: How do I transfer files from Android phone via USB to Win11 laptop not via MyPhone app, not via OneDrive, not via any other cloud storage service? I'm trying to simply access my phone's picture folder through USB and transfer photos to the laptop, and my photo folder on the...
  6. Is there any way to force an Android phone to do a USB transfer to a Windows computer?

Is there any way to force an Android phone to do a USB transfer to a Windows computer?: Pretty much the title question. The Microsoft phone app is dead: not viable. It will transfer ONE picture but never more than one. Yes you can transfer 1,200 pictures but you have to 1st preview, then transfer them One at a time. This is not-workable in case anybody from MS...
  7. android transfering data to windows by usb

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    android transfering data to windows by usb: trying to download all Samsung cloud data on my pc, please walls me through the steps bc i definitely dont unsderwtrqand https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/android-transfering-data-to-windows-by-usb/07f6f51f-15cd-4c71-a985-db77ecf64958
  8. Transfer photos from Android phone to Windows10 computer.

Transfer photos from Android phone to Windows10 computer.: Transferring photos from my android phone to windows 10, the process freezes up. It has worked for several years, but after windows 10's latest update it won't transfer....
  9. Transfering pictures from my Android phone to my computer

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Transfering pictures from my Android phone to my computer: How do I transfer pictures from my Android phone onto my computer? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/transfering-pictures-from-my-android-phone-to-my/c38b6aa9-95dc-4d7b-9c64-72869829099a"
  10. No file transfer window when transferring files on android phones.

in Windows 10 Support
    No file transfer window when transferring files on android phones.: Device: One plus 2, Nexus 5, 7, and others not showing file transfer window when transferring files OS: Windows 10 Brand: RazerModel: Razer Blade 2016 (GTX 1060 edition) Does this occur with other devices on this machine? : Yes Does this happen on other...