Windows 10: Is there any way to free up disk space on HDD?

Discus and support Is there any way to free up disk space on HDD? in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hello! I have tried to free up some space on my HDD drive. Tried disk defragment, CCleaner, and deleting some files from folders. Even the one with the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by BlueMonday1988, Aug 10, 2019.

1. Is there any way to free up disk space on HDD?

Hello! I have tried to free up some space on my HDD drive. Tried disk defragment, CCleaner, and deleting some files from folders. Even the one with the Windows Settings helped but the space remained about 10GB free. Also deleted some pictures I had on my phone, but I unfortunately don't want to delete my songs and start over again. Some space was freed from the HDD drive by deleting pictures.

On Windows settings I've set the cleanup to everyday so that my PC can free space up every day. Before installing a Sims 4 expansion pack (I play games too so The Sims 4 directory is on my SSD) it used to be about 19GB free space. After the installation of it it changed to 15GB out of nowhere. Some days ago even if I had the space full it freed by itself when my computer was off.

My desktop PC is 8GB of virtual memory / Intel Core I5 processor of 2.80 Hz / Nvidia GTX 1050 of video card.

Is there any way of freeing space on HDD apart from these two I've mentioned (disk defragment and CCleaner)?

:)

BlueMonday1988, Aug 10, 2019
  2. Joan Pin Win User

disk space reduced after media creation tool

Hi Sarah,

One of the possible reasons why your disk space was reduced is due to an unallocated disk space on your partitions. For us to isolate your concern, we suggest that you check your device's partition. To do this, follow the steps provided below:

• Type Computer Management on Ask me anything and press
      Enter.
    • Select Storage and click on Disk Management.
    • Send us a screenshot.
    We look forward to your response.

Joan Pin, Aug 10, 2019
  3. My disk space is gone

Hi John,

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community.

I do appreciate your efforts and time.

Try to run theSystem Maintenance Troubleshooter.

• Press Windows key + W and type
      Troubleshooting.

• Select Troubleshooting.

• Select view all on the top left corner.

• Click System Maintenance,
      follow onscreen instructions.
    I suggest you to run Check Disk which performs an analysis of the disk. Refer to the steps below:

• Press Windows key + X.
    • Click on Command prompt (Admin).
    • Type chkdsk /f and hit enter.
    For reference:

Tips to free up drive space on your PC:

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-8/free-up-disk-space

Hope this helps in resolving the issue. If the issue persists, do get back to us. We will be happy to assist you.

Kalpana Shankarappa, Aug 10, 2019
  4. Is there any way to free up disk space on HDD?

hard disk space

Hello,

Taking into consideration that the free space is shrinking fast, it is possible that your system is creating restore points. To
    delete restore points except for the recent one, simply follow the steps below:

• From the Cortana search box, type Disk Cleanup and click on the first result.
    • Once the Disk Cleanup window appears, select the
      More Options
      tab.
    • Under the System Restore and Shadow Copies column, click on the
      Clean up... button.

Once done with the steps, see if your disk space has expanded.

If you have further questions, please let us know.

Jefferson Ore, Aug 10, 2019
Thema:

Is there any way to free up disk space on HDD?

1. Is there any way to free up disk space on HDD? - Similar Threads - free disk space

2. Any way to free up space on my C Drive?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Any way to free up space on my C Drive?: Hello, I have had my system for quite some time now roughly 5-6 years, starting as a pre-built and upgrading it to where the only thing that has stayed the same throughout, is the C drive and the case. After stupidly only using my C drive for everything for a good chunk of...
  3. Any way to free up space on my C Drive?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Any way to free up space on my C Drive?: Hello, I have had my system for quite some time now roughly 5-6 years, starting as a pre-built and upgrading it to where the only thing that has stayed the same throughout, is the C drive and the case. After stupidly only using my C drive for everything for a good chunk of...
  4. Any way to free up space on my C Drive?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Free up disk space prompt

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Free up disk space prompt: Hello I have got a doubt regarding this free up space prompt saying we can't update your device because of low disk space. I want to know that if I go through this prompt and select downloads folder and delete a file by pressing right click delete will the file go to recycle...
  6. we couldn't free up any more disk space

we couldn't free up any more disk space: hi, When I go to settings and then storage section and try to clean up temporary files, it states: we couldn't free up any more disk space. It happens 3 out of 4 times. I am using 2004. Did not really happen in previous Windows 10 versions. The message might appear but not 3...
  7. Any tips on freeing up disk space on the system drive?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Any tips on freeing up disk space on the system drive?: It's getting crowded. I need all my 3D software to be on the 512 ssd because of performance. If I move all vids and pics to d:\ I only free up 20 gigs or so. Don't want to use the software Wipe again I think, because it deleted too much of my settings everywhere. submitted...
  8. Disk space isn’t freeing up

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Disk space isn’t freeing up: Ive had low disc space for two years now but i never got around to fixing it for some reason.I have been trying nonstop to free up disk space ive used disk cleanup ive tried to merge the disks but nothing works please please help i would appreciate it...
  9. Freeing up Disk Space??

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Freeing up Disk Space??: My computer is almost new with almost no programs added. I've also gone through and deleted some unwanted programs. Yet it won't let me add anything new because it says I don't have enough disk space. My sister thinks I may have a virus but I can't even install anti-virus...
  10. ssd and hdd free up space

ssd and hdd free up space: Hello, i just bought a new laptop with two hard drives in it. i would like to use my ssd drive for editing purposes and the hdd to storrage my videos. the thing is that my ssd has the os in it and it only has 30 gb of space left. i am wondering if i could free some space on...