Windows 10: Is there any way to get back locally saved sticky notes?

Discus and support Is there any way to get back locally saved sticky notes? in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Sticky notes was glitching out and I could not make a new note, and somewhere it was suggested to uninstall the app to fix the issue. So, I uninstalled... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by throwaway878, Jan 16, 2021.

1. Is there any way to get back locally saved sticky notes?

Sticky notes was glitching out and I could not make a new note, and somewhere it was suggested to uninstall the app to fix the issue. So, I uninstalled sticky notes because it said my documents would not be affected so I assumed my sticky notes were safe.

Well, turns out that was a false assumption as I reinstalled sticky notes and everything was gone - and no I was not logged into Microsoft which was my first mistake. So I can't just log in and get them back.

Is there any way to get them back? I had so much important stuff there, and I've tried checking for a .snt file but it doesn't exist because I uninstalled the app. I didn't back them up either because I didn't think they would just disappear since it said my documents would be unaffected.

There HAS to be some way, right? I'm so desperate.

:)

throwaway878, Jan 16, 2021

2. Sticky Notes - Saving the notes?

Just an observation, I have Sticky notes on my W7 & my W10 computers. Stickynote.exe was listed in many recent crashes on my W7 machine and for the last 2 weeks, there are failures in Reliability Monitor on my W10 computer saying that Sticky Notes has failed to update ( this all happened after the 1607 upgrade ).
    So I went here Stickies and downloaded Stickies. It's a small program and it is way better than MS Sticky Notes. I put it on my W7 & W10 computers and it works great and is free.

CADesertRat, Jan 16, 2021
  3. Sticky Notes - Saving the notes?

That looks interesting. Thanks!

Cornishman, Jan 16, 2021
  4. Is there any way to get back locally saved sticky notes?

Sticky Note Missing

Hi KeithRawlings,

I'm Charles, an Independent advisor trying to help.

Let's see if with the following steps we can solve the problem:

1.- Open >> Sticky notes, when located on the taskbar (Right click on the option) >> Select: List of Notes, now check if your note is in that list.

2.- Follow the steps suggested by the Windows MVP in your article

https://www.kapilarya.com/fix-sticky-notes-lost...

I hope the steps work for you

Attentive to any comments

Have a happy day

Best Regards,

Charles.

CharlesJones32, Jan 16, 2021
Thema:

Is there any way to get back locally saved sticky notes?

1. Is there any way to get back locally saved sticky notes? - Similar Threads - locally saved sticky

2. Cannot get sticky notes to appear from a saved plum file

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cannot get sticky notes to appear from a saved plum file: Hi, so I have tried various ways to transfer my sticky notes onto a new computer. I have the plum file, and I copy and paste it where it belongs but for some reason its not restoring my notes. I have tried reseting and uninstalling sticky notes but the problem remains the...
  3. Any way to export favorites BAR and sticky notes

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Any way to export favorites BAR and sticky notes: I have an IT Technician reaching out to me asking if there’s a way to export the favorites BAR not just the favorites folder because I guess that didn’t export the contents o the bar itself and the sticky notes on the computer. They’re currently utilizing USMT and the...
  4. Unable to Change Sticky Notes Font in Any Way

Unable to Change Sticky Notes Font in Any Way: Is this a new update? I cannot change the font in sticky notes, even by typing in Word or Note Pad, or anywhere else and then copying and pasting into sticky notes. I used to be able to paste other fonts but now it defaults to one font, no matter what font I copied. I need...
  5. Is there any way to indent in Win10 Sticky Notes?

Is there any way to indent in Win10 Sticky Notes?: According to Sticky Notes - Tab you can Hold [Alt], then press [0] then [9] to insert a tab where the cursor is... but it doesn't seem to work. Anyone successful in adding indent to the Sticky Notes?...
  6. Back up Sticky Notes

Back up Sticky Notes: I use Microsoft Sticky Notes a lot and want to routinely back them up. I'm having no success with any of the methods I've found. I found the Sticky Notes folder under the Microsoft folder, but after trying it one time I can no longer find it. I also have no StickyNotes.snt...
  7. any way to retrieve lost sticky note?

any way to retrieve lost sticky note?: Windows 1803, windows store killed as well as all apps, lost sticky notes. None of the powershell methods will reinstall the windows store or its apps. Have several machines doing this. Is there any way to get the users sticky notes back? thank you....
  8. How to get are my own Sticky Notes back?

How to get are my own Sticky Notes back?: I just have installed Sticky Notes from Store, Ver. 1.1.41.0 , but I can not see my Notes, I just get one Blank Note to see, last Version I could see a Blank and one with my old notes. I have important notes there, how do I get them back? Thanks 68788
  9. save a sticky note the exact way i left it? (font+size)

save a sticky note the exact way i left it? (font+size): as the title says, i was wondering if i can make windows save the font and text size that i left it on on shutdown. windows only saves the text and font style but not the size. 50763
  10. Sticky Notes - Saving the notes?

Sticky Notes - Saving the notes?: I've taken to using Sticky Notes recently and love them, but today I've had them crash on me for the first time and I lost some of the notes. I'm wondering, is there some kind of modified version or something that would allow saving the notes? I don't mean saving them...