Windows 10: Is there any way to get Bitlocker full disk encryption (not device encryption) on a laptop...

Discus and support Is there any way to get Bitlocker full disk encryption (not device encryption) on a laptop... in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I’m part of a Microsoft 365 Home family plan. Is there any way to implement full disk encryption using Bitlocker in this scenario? Or is Bitlocker FDE... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/OnlyHat8, Mar 11, 2021.

1. Is there any way to get Bitlocker full disk encryption (not device encryption) on a laptop...

I’m part of a Microsoft 365 Home family plan. Is there any way to implement full disk encryption using Bitlocker in this scenario? Or is Bitlocker FDE exclusively available to Windows 10 Pro editions? Device encryption isn’t enough for my use case - I need to be able to prompt users for a password upon booting.

Thanks!

submitted by /u/OnlyHat8
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/OnlyHat8, Mar 11, 2021

2. Device Encryption and BitLocker

Hello MS Community!

Posting a subject name as Device Encryption and BitLocker, would it be correct to have it as: BitLocker Device Encryption and standard BitLocker?

It's been way too late for me to know about Device Encryption and I hope the experts about this subject here in the community could share more information on the following:

- What kind of encryption does Device Encryption and BitLocker use?

- Device Encryption and BitLocker difference in disk encryption (i.e. encryption level, technology/security, comparison sheet would be highly appreciated)

- User login/experience - I receive a feedback that Device Encryption only asks for Microsoft Account login unlike BitLocker which require a separate password to unlock the disk before a user can totally login to Windows. Also, is there a difference in performance
    speed (Windows startup, performing activities, etc.)

- If Device Encryption and BitLocker is both available in the device, is it recommended to enable both or just the BitLocker?

- For Windows Home Edition, I would like to confirm if Device Encryption requirement to have TPM 2.0 and InstantGo hardware support still remain the same.

Thank you in advance!

Marilou

Marilou000, Mar 11, 2021
  3. Device Encryption vs Bitlocker

Hi David,

Since you would like to know more about Bitlocker and device encryption, we suggest that you check and review our advance support site about the overview of Bitlocker and device encryption on this

link

The overview provide details between the two programs that might help you to decide.

Regards.

Leviozar Gam, Mar 11, 2021
  4. Abrar916 Win User

Is there any way to get Bitlocker full disk encryption (not device encryption) on a laptop...

Device Encryption and Bitlocker not appearing

Hi, I have a Dell inspiron 7570 laptop with windows 10 installed. Recently due to some issues a new hardrive was installed on the laptop so now it has 2 hardrives. However when I was booting up the hardrive that has my OS installed, it kept asking me for
    the Bitlocker key everytime on startup. As you can expect its annoying having to write in a long bitlocker key. I was looking for solutions online and one person suggested to turn off encryption and then restart the computer and then turn it on again. I did
    that, I went into "Device encryption" in settings and turned it off, then restarted my computer, however now "Device encryption" option has completely disappeared from the settings area, I can't seem to find any way to turn on Bitlocker or device encryption,
    I'm not sure why it has disappeared. I thought it would allow me to turn it on again but it has just disappeared. Could anyone help me turn encryption on again please? It sounds a little crazy but "device encryption" option just disappeared after turning it
    off and restarting.

Abrar916, Mar 11, 2021
Thema:

Is there any way to get Bitlocker full disk encryption (not device encryption) on a laptop...

1. Is there any way to get Bitlocker full disk encryption (not device encryption) on a laptop... - Similar Threads - Bitlocker full disk

2. Bitlocker Device Encryption

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Bitlocker Device Encryption: Does bitlocker Device encryption change your recovery key each time you turn bitlocker on/off? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/bitlocker-device-encryption/3283ade2-2838-48ca-b2e2-68b244410f96
  3. Bitlocker full encryption issue

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Bitlocker full encryption issue: hi all i have encountered a problem setting up an external hard drive and bitlocker. using full encrypt, after the process is finished and the drive is removed and plugged in again, i get the error that my system is not compartible with the bitlocker version used for the...
  4. Full disk encryption software

Full disk encryption software: Hello, I'm looking to fully encrypt a few computers at the house (running Windows 10 Home Edition). It seems most companies out there sell only to enterprise customers. I need something simple (my wife will never agree to dealing with VeraCrypt. You feel my pain?). I'm...
  5. Device Encryption and Bitlocker not appearing

Device Encryption and Bitlocker not appearing: Split from this thread. Hi, I got similar issue. I turned off the encryption after I am being asked to provide the recovery key every time I boot the issue. After restarting the system, I couldn't find the encryption setting. I have the admin rights. But, how do I...
  6. Device Encryption and Bitlocker not appearing

Device Encryption and Bitlocker not appearing: Hi, I have a Dell inspiron 7570 laptop with windows 10 installed. Recently due to some issues a new hardrive was installed on the laptop so now it has 2 hardrives. However when I was booting up the hardrive that has my OS installed, it kept asking me for the Bitlocker key...
  7. Bitlocker full drive encryption not available?

Bitlocker full drive encryption not available?: I have a Surface Pro 7 with Win10 Pro 1909. I can only get Bitlocker to setup as “used space only encrypted”. There is no way I can get it as “fully encrypted”. Can some one please help me out? submitted by /u/Panja0 [link] [comments]...
  8. Device Encryption and BitLocker

Device Encryption and BitLocker: Hello MS Community! Posting a subject name as Device Encryption and BitLocker, would it be correct to have it as: BitLocker Device Encryption and standard BitLocker? It's been way too late for me to know about Device Encryption and I hope the experts about this subject...
  9. TPM and Full disk encryption

TPM and Full disk encryption: I have a new laptop (Lenova Yoga 730-13) with Windows 10 Home edition installed. It also has TPM for encryption. My question is this: Does TPM mean that I have Full Disk Encryption or do I need to upgrade to the professional version of Windows in order to achieve this?...
  10. Bitlocker Encryption - Surface Laptop: Using 100% Disk Utilization During Encryption

Bitlocker Encryption - Surface Laptop: Using 100% Disk Utilization During Encryption: Good Evening, We're testing Bitlocker in our environment and are running workstations with Windows 10 Pro build 1803. On one test computer, a Surface laptop we're having an issue when starting encryption. Disk utilization jumps up to 100% while encrypting and the system...