Windows 10: Is there any way to get rid of media/volume overlay?

Discus and support Is there any way to get rid of media/volume overlay? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Is there any way to get rid of media/volume overlay that pops up when I turn volume knob on my media keyboard? It is driving me nuts, just pops up... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Ikkepop, Dec 27, 2020.

1. Is there any way to get rid of media/volume overlay?

Is there any way to get rid of media/volume overlay that pops up when I turn volume knob on my media keyboard? It is driving me nuts, just pops up there and cock blocks me from doing what I want for 20 seconds.

submitted by /u/Ikkepop
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/Ikkepop, Dec 27, 2020

2. Volume and media overlay is missing

Contrary to popular opinion, I use my media overlay a lot. I really like it. After a recent restart of my computer, it disappeared. The volume change buttons (as well as the brightness ones) still work, the overlay is just gone. Google has told me that
    most people have this issue because of virtual sound cards, but I don't have any of those as far as I am aware. My computer is a Microsoft Surface Pro, and I'm running Windows version 10.0.19041, if that helps at all.

JupiterSys, Dec 27, 2020
  3. Sasqui Win User
    Radeon Overlay not displaying all options

Ok, I got a question. The options to hide the overlay are confusing. What are the steps to turn on the overlay in-game? Not interested in logging much at the moment. Is Alt-R part of turning it on/off?

Sasqui, Dec 27, 2020
  4. sammoo3 Win User

Is there any way to get rid of media/volume overlay?

game bar volume control overlay

I recently turned on the game bar to screen record my screen; when I went to turn it off and adjust the volume, an overlay popped up next to the volume controls. it used to do this through chrome and i turned that flag setting off. But now the game bar overlay
    won't go away. Anyone know how to get rid of it?

Is there any way to get rid of media/volume overlay? c1fc1bc3-bde1-4c22-8b4e-43f826c65c60?upload=true.jpg

sammoo3, Dec 27, 2020
Thema:

Is there any way to get rid of media/volume overlay?

1. Is there any way to get rid of media/volume overlay? - Similar Threads - rid media volume

2. Any way to get rid of this edge push?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Any way to get rid of this edge push?: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/m1ndvr [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/ltjf1o/any_way_to_get_rid_of_this_edge_push/
  3. Is there any way to permanently get rid of this nag screen?

in Windows 10 Support
    Is there any way to permanently get rid of this nag screen?: Every so often when I start up I get this annoying nag screen. I'm really not interested in any of the options offered but there seems to be no way to tell Micro$oft to go away and stop pestering me with it. It's really starting to get under my skin so if anyone has any...
  4. Is there any way to get rid of this collapsable folder group?

Is there any way to get rid of this collapsable folder group?: [ATTACH] Hey there fellers! I hate opening my file explorer and seeing this useless FOLDERS (5) thingy. Is there any way to remove it? Winaero Tweaker doesn't work*...
  5. Volume and media overlay is missing

in Windows 10 Customization
    Volume and media overlay is missing: Contrary to popular opinion, I use my media overlay a lot. I really like it. After a recent restart of my computer, it disappeared. The volume change buttons as well as the brightness ones still work, the overlay is just gone. Google has told me that most people have this...
  6. Windows Media Overlay fails to display artwork in volume overlay only

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows Media Overlay fails to display artwork in volume overlay only: As you can see below, the volume overlay fails to display the artwork embedded in the music file, but somehow manages to display it on the lock screen's control overlay. The issue with the volume overlay is seen everywhere in the system, and only manages to display it on...
  7. Any way of getting rid of this toolbar

in Windows 10 Customization
    Any way of getting rid of this toolbar: Any way of getting rid of this toolbar please. [img] Name: Microsoft Windows 10 Pro 64-bit (1909, 18363.836) 156774
  8. How to get rid of huge volume overlay in Films and TV app!

How to get rid of huge volume overlay in Films and TV app!: I know people have asked about it before and there are ways to remove it for chrome and Spotify but how do I remove it when watching anything with the Films and TV app. Anytime you watch a video, whether be it linear algebra tutorial videos or movies, that huge overlay takes...
  9. Is there no way to get rid of this volume ODS?

Is there no way to get rid of this volume ODS?: Any time I change volume I can notice gynsc stops working.. it's jarring to say the least. Is there a way to turn it off? submitted by /u/Klubhead [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/gbkt21/is_there_no_way_to_get_rid_of_this_volume_ods/
  10. Any way to get rid of OneDrive permanently?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Any way to get rid of OneDrive permanently?: Can OneDrive be effectively deleted? I have absolutely no need for it. There are never problems with it on my desktops since they all run Windows 10 Pro (it has Group Policy Editor). But my laptop has Home and OneDrive keeps inserting its obnoxious self no matter what steps I...