Windows 10: Is there any way to get rid of the messages that say "Display connection might be limited?"

Discus and support Is there any way to get rid of the messages that say "Display connection might be limited?" in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I have a USB hub plugged into a USB-C port on the back of my computer. It has an HDMI port on it, while the port on my computer does not support video... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/traczpasruchu, Dec 29, 2020.

1. Is there any way to get rid of the messages that say "Display connection might be limited?"

I have a USB hub plugged into a USB-C port on the back of my computer. It has an HDMI port on it, while the port on my computer does not support video out. This isn't a problem as I take video out of my graphics card, but the message does get annoying after a while.

submitted by /u/traczpasruchu
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/traczpasruchu, Dec 29, 2020
  2. Arul_D Win User

Wifi Connected but Limited Connection

Hello,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

• Are you able to connect to the internet? If yes, you may disable the error message
    I suggest you to follow the methods below and check if this helps:

Method 1:

This error message can be displayed when, in fact, you are already connected to the Internet. If that is the case, you can safely ignore the error message.

To disable the error message, follow these steps.

• Open network connections from control panel.
    • Double-click Local Area Connection, and then click
      Properties.
    • In the General tab, click to clear the
      Notify me when this connection has limited or no connectivity check box.
    • Click OK, and then click
      Close
    Method 2: Run Network troubleshooter.

• Type “Troubleshooting” without quotes in the search box and hit enter.
    • Select “View all” from the left panel.
    • Select “Network Adapter” troubleshooter and then follow the on-screen instructions.
    Hope this information was helpful and do let us know if you need further assistance. We will be glad to assist.

Arul_D, Dec 29, 2020
  3. Limited Connection (can't connect wirelessly)

Well I've fixed it myself it would seem.

With each laptop that would encounter Limited Connectivity I simply manually assigned the IP, gateway and DNS for each laptop and it permanently got rid of the Limited Connectivity.

I guess this would suggest that 2wire routers have a problem assigning an IP under certain conditions?

Not sure what that is. Perhaps to many nodes??

AphexDreamer, Dec 29, 2020
  4. Is there any way to get rid of the messages that say "Display connection might be limited?"

limited wifi connection Windows 10

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I suggest you to follow the methods below and check if this helps:

Method 1:Are you able to connect to the internet? If yes, you may disable the error message

This error message can be displayed when, in fact, you are already connected to the Internet. If that is the case, you can safely ignore the error message.

To disable the error message, follow these steps.

• Open network connections from control panel.
    • Double-click Local Area Connection, and then click
      Properties.
    • In the General tab, click to clear the
      Notify me when this connection has limited or no connectivity check box.
    • Click OK, and then click Close.
    Method 2: Run Network troubleshooter.

• Type “Troubleshooting” without quotes in the search box and hit enter.
    • Select “View all” from the left panel.
    • Select “Network Adapter” troubleshooter and then follow the on-screen instructions.

Hope this information was helpful and do let us know if you need further assistance. We will be glad to assist.

Andria Maria Mendez, Dec 29, 2020
Thema:

Is there any way to get rid of the messages that say "Display connection might be limited?"

1. Is there any way to get rid of the messages that say "Display connection might be limited?" - Similar Threads - rid messages Display

2. Display connection might be limited

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Display connection might be limited: Drivers are not updating. Multi display is not functioning. USB Device not recognized error and Uknown usb device port reset failedTried all reset methods. Still getting the error. Windows 11 new hp computer...
  3. Display connection might be limited

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Display connection might be limited: Drivers are not updating. Multi display is not functioning. USB Device not recognized error and Uknown usb device port reset failedTried all reset methods. Still getting the error. Windows 11 new hp computer...
  4. Getting "Display connection might be limited" after restart

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Getting "Display connection might be limited" after restart: I have 2 external monitors connected via USB-C to my laptop, everything has been working great since I bought this laptop around 2 months ago, last night I shutdown my laptop as usual and this morning when I turned it on, I noticed the monitors didn't receive a signal. When I...
  5. Getting "Display connection might be limited" after restart

Getting "Display connection might be limited" after restart: I have 2 external monitors connected via USB-C to my laptop, everything has been working great since I bought this laptop around 2 months ago, last night I shutdown my laptop as usual and this morning when I turned it on, I noticed the monitors didn't receive a signal. When I...
  6. Disbplay Connection might be limited

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Disbplay Connection might be limited: After update to windows 11, more 3 or 4 laptops in company doesn't detect the HDMI port only on docking stationWhen I connect a docking station, a pop up message says "Display connection might be limited".I tried all steps in website also didn't work also tried to uninstall...
  7. Disbplay Connection might be limited

Disbplay Connection might be limited: After update to windows 11, more 3 or 4 laptops in company doesn't detect the HDMI port only on docking stationWhen I connect a docking station, a pop up message says "Display connection might be limited".I tried all steps in website also didn't work also tried to uninstall...
  8. Display connection might be limited?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Display connection might be limited?: Hey guys I tried to connect a display to my laptop Lenovo Ideapad 530s which has a USB type C without a thunderbolt port. But it showed an error "display connection might be limited". Why is this happening? submitted by /u/Mysterious-Lack-6881 [link] [comments]...
  9. Any way of getting rid of this toolbar

in Windows 10 Customization
    Any way of getting rid of this toolbar: Any way of getting rid of this toolbar please. [img] Name: Microsoft Windows 10 Pro 64-bit (1909, 18363.836) 156774
  10. Any way to get rid of OneDrive permanently?

Any way to get rid of OneDrive permanently?: Can OneDrive be effectively deleted? I have absolutely no need for it. There are never problems with it on my desktops since they all run Windows 10 Pro (it has Group Policy Editor). But my laptop has Home and OneDrive keeps inserting its obnoxious self no matter what steps I...