Windows 10: Is there any way to get rid of the start button for taskbars on non-primary monitors?

Discus and support Is there any way to get rid of the start button for taskbars on non-primary monitors? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I don't really expect there to be a way to do this, but it would be nice. submitted by /u/GamePerson [link] [comments]... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/GamePerson, Nov 22, 2020.

1. Is there any way to get rid of the start button for taskbars on non-primary monitors?

I don't really expect there to be a way to do this, but it would be nice.

submitted by /u/GamePerson
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/GamePerson, Nov 22, 2020

2. How to auto-hide taskbar of the second monitor keeping unhide in the primary monitor?

Hi,

I suggest you to follow the steps below to auto-hide taskbar on second monitor and check if it helps:

Steps:

1. Right click on the taskbar and select
    Properties.

2. In the Taskbar tab under
    Multiple displays, Uncheck the Show taskbar on all displays box.

3. Click on Apply
    and Ok.

This will display the taskbar only on the primary monitor.

Hope it helps. Revert to us with the results, will be glad to assist you.

Thank you.

Mohan Babu ER, Nov 22, 2020
  3. Pin To Taskbar with multiple monitors does not work - can only pin to primary monitor

Hi Navneet,

I performed the steps with no errors and rebooted. Results are the same.

Perhaps I should try to clarify the issue a bit.

Current setup:

- Windows 10 Pro with Quad monitor setup

* Xeon E3-1276 @3,60GHz, 20GB RAM

* Dual nVidia Quadro K620 video cards (4 monitors)

- Under Taskbar and Start Menu Properties, I have the following setting:

* Show taskbar on all displays

* Show taskbar buttons on: Taskbar where window is open

* Buttons on other taskbars: Always combine, hide labels

I will use IE as the example here. By default, IE is pinned to the taskbar on the primary monitor/display.

On the primary monitor taskbar, if you right-click on IE the option "Unpin this program from the taskbar" is present.

Likewise, if I unpin IE from here (primary monitor) and re-open IE, I can right-click on the taskbar icon and select "Pin this program to the taskbar".

If IE is pinned to the taskbar and I move the open IE window to another monitor, here is what happens:

The IE taskbar icon is now present on BOTH the primary monitor and secondary monitor, even though the IE window is open only on the secondary monitor.

When right-click on the IE icon in the secondary monitor, there are no unpin or pin options available - those options are present ONLY on the primary monitor.

If you close and reopen IE from the primary monitor taskbar icon, it will reopen to the monitor it was last on (secondary in this example), but that is not the issue for me; taskbar icon location is the problem.

Similarly, if any application is opened on another screen, it must be move to the primary monitor to be able to pin it to the taskbar.

This was not the case in Windows 8.x - applications could be pinned to any (specific) monitor taskbar and appeared only on the monitor to which it was pinned.

So if I have, say, 20 taskbar items pinned - I cannot have 5 on each respective monitor;

they can only be "pinned" to the primary monitor, thus filling the taskbar. Far from ideal...

Evan Leonard, Nov 22, 2020
  4. Ajhmain Win User

Is there any way to get rid of the start button for taskbars on non-primary monitors?

The taskbar locked to bottom of secondary monitor moves to the primary monitor whenever primary monitor is switched on.

See the title.

I have the taskbar locked at the bottom of the secondary monitor so the primary monitor is completely empty for watching movies, games TV etc.

Whenever I turn the primary monitor on, the taskbar immediately jumps from the bottom of the seconday monitor over to the bottom of the primary monitor. I then need to untick the 'Locked' option on the taskbar, drag it back to the secondary and tick 'Locked'
    again.

The taskbar disrupts desktop icons on the primary and any application running on the primary monitor at the time and quite frustrating.

Primary monitor is an Asus PB328, connected via Display Port to the PC.

Secondary monitor is a Samsung 24 connected via DVI to the PC.

I expect the taskbar to remain where I place it when locked, regardless of monitors been switched on or off.

The sequence of turning on the primary and secondary monitors has no impact. As soon as the primary monitor (Asus on DP) is turned on, the locked taskbar moves to the primary display, regardless of whether the Samsung is on or not.

Ajhmain, Nov 22, 2020
Thema:

Is there any way to get rid of the start button for taskbars on non-primary monitors?

1. Is there any way to get rid of the start button for taskbars on non-primary monitors? - Similar Threads - rid start button

2. Pen touch on non primary monitors

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Pen touch on non primary monitors: Hi Guys did Microsoft removed the option to calibrate pen & touch ? I was able to find "Configure your pen and touch displays" on System settings windows 11 but I am no longer able to find. That setting is important because it allows us to select which monitor that would...
  3. Pen touch on non primary monitors

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Pen touch on non primary monitors: Hi Guys did Microsoft removed the option to calibrate pen & touch ? I was able to find "Configure your pen and touch displays" on System settings windows 11 but I am no longer able to find. That setting is important because it allows us to select which monitor that would...
  4. Any Way Full Taskbar on Second Monitor

in Windows 10 Customization
    Any Way Full Taskbar on Second Monitor: Hey all, I know Windows doesn't natively allow for this, but is there a way to have FULL Taskbar capabilities on the second monitor? I would like to have Cortana/right side taskbar tray where the ^ is and all of the active icons on my second monitor. I don't care if I have...
  5. Any way to get rid of this edge push?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Any way to get rid of this edge push?: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/m1ndvr [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/ltjf1o/any_way_to_get_rid_of_this_edge_push/
  6. Any way of getting rid of this toolbar

in Windows 10 Customization
    Any way of getting rid of this toolbar: Any way of getting rid of this toolbar please. [img] Name: Microsoft Windows 10 Pro 64-bit (1909, 18363.836) 156774
  7. Is this a dead Pixel in my Monitor? Is there a way to get rid of it?

Is this a dead Pixel in my Monitor? Is there a way to get rid of it?: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/BronzeHeart92 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/f9cs0a/is_this_a_dead_pixel_in_my_monitor_is_there_a_way/
  8. Hide Taskbar on Primary Monitor

Hide Taskbar on Primary Monitor: Hey guys, I can't hide (not auto-hide) the taskbar on my primary monitor. Of course I can enable auto-hide, but that's not what i want. I could switch the primary monitor, but then I can't use my 144 Hz becuase the second monitor is only 60 Hz. Are there, maybe...
  9. Is there a way to completly get rid of Quick Start

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Is there a way to completly get rid of Quick Start: So far Windows 10 is the worst OS Windows has released and one feature is annoying to all hell. Quick start seems like a good idea but it only has been causing problems. Everytime I click shut down the computer doesn't shut down. Same thing happens even after a restart. The...
  10. Any way to get rid of OneDrive permanently?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Any way to get rid of OneDrive permanently?: Can OneDrive be effectively deleted? I have absolutely no need for it. There are never problems with it on my desktops since they all run Windows 10 Pro (it has Group Policy Editor). But my laptop has Home and OneDrive keeps inserting its obnoxious self no matter what steps I...