Windows 10: Is there any way to get rid of this collapsable folder group?

Discus and support Is there any way to get rid of this collapsable folder group? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; [ATTACH] Hey there fellers! I hate opening my file explorer and seeing this useless FOLDERS (5) thingy. Is there any way to remove it? Winaero... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/oscarhepe, Nov 22, 2020.

1. Is there any way to get rid of this collapsable folder group?

/u/oscarhepe, Nov 22, 2020
  2. Dillyjb97 Win User

Is there a way to collapse "redundant" folders in file explorer?

Hi I was wondering if there is a way in File Explorer (or a better file explorer replacement) to view a linear folder structure as one folder. What I mean by this is if I have a folder structure that looks like:

Folder 1

Folder 2

Folder 3

File 1

Is there a way to collapse it so the folder structure is the same, but the view is

Folder 1/Folder 2/Folder 3

So you only have to double click once to get to File 1. Basically if a folder only contains one other folder, it automatically collapses it, and keeps doing this until it reaches a folder with a file in it, or more than one folder. And by collapsing, I don't
    mean delete the folder structure and restructure it, just makes it so you don't have to double click a whole bunch of times just to reach the file you want. A lot of software development tools do this, and it would be nice if the file explorer could, or if
    there is some other file explorer program that could. I have a lot of folders that do this for work, and it would be really helpful.

Thanks

Dillyjb97, Nov 22, 2020
  3. rocket777 Win User
    how to expand or collapse all groups in event viewer

I've been needing to check the event viewer lately, and when I show in groups, there's a small arrow that lets one collapse each group, and then you see a summary of how many events are in each group.

But to collapse all of them I have only found the tedious way by doing each individually, which involves a lot of scrolling and clicking. There must be a collapse all command, isn't there?

rocket777, Nov 22, 2020
  4. Is there any way to get rid of this collapsable folder group?

Is there a way to collapse "redundant" folders in file explorer?

HI Dillyjb97,

The Navigation Pane Tree of your File Explorer is designed to work as how you have described it on your post. It doesn't have an option to expand the items in Folder 1/Folder 2/Folder
    3 view. However, you may enable some options on your navigation pane to automatically show the folders within a folder without having to double click it. Just click the drop-down option on the Navigation Pane and tick the other three options as shown
    in the photo below:

Is there any way to get rid of this collapsable folder group? 37919807-9e2b-4250-974c-ab40f83280d8?upload=true.png

You may also set the single-click option to open an item in your File Explorer. Here's how:

1. Open File Explorer and navigate to View > Options > Change folder and search options.
    2. Under the General > Click items as follows, tick the
      Single-click to open an item (point to select)
    3. Click Apply, then OK.

If the above options won't work for you, then you may send this as a suggestion through our
    Feedback Hub. This way, our software engineers will be able to look into your suggestion. Please follow the steps provided in Send
    feedback to Microsoft with the Feedback Hub app
    to submit your suggestion.

Please let me know if you need further information.

Regards.

Vanessa Yar, Nov 22, 2020
Thema:

Is there any way to get rid of this collapsable folder group?

1. Is there any way to get rid of this collapsable folder group? - Similar Threads - rid collapsable folder

2. Is there any way I can get rid of the WindowsApps folder and the folder inside it? error...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Is there any way I can get rid of the WindowsApps folder and the folder inside it? error...: My default download location for Microsoft store apps is in the C drive, However few years ago I did change the location for new content saved to D drive. I didn't like the change so I reverted it back to C Drive. Before I did that I uninstalled all the Microsoft store apps...
  3. Is there any way I can get rid of the WindowsApps folder and the folder inside it? error...

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Is there any way I can get rid of the WindowsApps folder and the folder inside it? error...: My default download location for Microsoft store apps is in the C drive, However few years ago I did change the location for new content saved to D drive. I didn't like the change so I reverted it back to C Drive. Before I did that I uninstalled all the Microsoft store apps...
  4. Is there any way I can get rid of the WindowsApps folder and the folder inside it? error...

in Windows 10 Gaming
  5. Any new way to get rid of the shortcut arrow on icons?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Any new way to get rid of the shortcut arrow on icons?: Looks like the old way of removing the shortcuts off of icons does not work anymore after a recent update, and instead you get big black boxes on the icons instead. Just wondering if anyone has found a way to remove these icons in Windows 10 yet? Certainly not the biggest...
  6. Any way to get rid of this edge push?

Any way to get rid of this edge push?: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/m1ndvr [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/ltjf1o/any_way_to_get_rid_of_this_edge_push/
  7. Is there any way to get rid of media/volume overlay?

Is there any way to get rid of media/volume overlay?: Is there any way to get rid of media/volume overlay that pops up when I turn volume knob on my media keyboard? It is driving me nuts, just pops up there and cock blocks me from doing what I want for 20 seconds. submitted by /u/Ikkepop [link] [comments]...
  8. Is there any way to permanently get rid of this nag screen?

in Windows 10 Support
    Is there any way to permanently get rid of this nag screen?: Every so often when I start up I get this annoying nag screen. I'm really not interested in any of the options offered but there seems to be no way to tell Micro$oft to go away and stop pestering me with it. It's really starting to get under my skin so if anyone has any...
  9. Any way of getting rid of this toolbar

in Windows 10 Customization
    Any way of getting rid of this toolbar: Any way of getting rid of this toolbar please. [img] Name: Microsoft Windows 10 Pro 64-bit (1909, 18363.836) 156774
  10. Any way to get rid of OneDrive permanently?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Any way to get rid of OneDrive permanently?: Can OneDrive be effectively deleted? I have absolutely no need for it. There are never problems with it on my desktops since they all run Windows 10 Pro (it has Group Policy Editor). But my laptop has Home and OneDrive keeps inserting its obnoxious self no matter what steps I...