Windows 10: Is there any way to have a menu bar displayed with windows 10 "S"

Discus and support Is there any way to have a menu bar displayed with windows 10 "S" in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I have windows 10 "S" and have been using Microsoft edge as my browser. When I looked at my choices of other browsers available, there was only... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by JulieOrinstien, Dec 22, 2019.

1. Is there any way to have a menu bar displayed with windows 10 "S"

I have windows 10 "S" and have been using Microsoft edge as my browser. When I looked at my choices of other browsers available, there was only internet explorer or "Look for an app in the Microsoft store" which I did try and was unfamiliar with every one of their browsers and didn't want to use them. I was looking for browsers like "Google Chrome", "Firefox" etc. My question is this-will ANY of the windows 10 "S" browsers allow me to install the "menu" bar that I'm SO used to and dependent on? Research said that the only way to download a browser like Chrome is to switch from windows 10 "S" to windows "Home" but that by doing so, not only will I be compromising all of the security/safety benefits of the "S" version, once I switch, I can never return to it. So??? All I want is to have my f-cking menu bar back!!!

:)

JulieOrinstien, Dec 22, 2019
  2. damtachoa Win User

4870x2 won't display at 1680x1050 at all!

OK. Now I know what ur problem is. Step by step:
    1. Go to Catalyst Control Center
    2. Click on the word "Graphic" right on top left corner. It will display drop down menu
    3. Click on Display monitor and will see the list of monitor at near bottom
    4. Right Click the monitor and select "Configure". It will show up the window
    5. There will be 3 option to select. Select the middle one and then click on the tab which show the bar with 15%.
    6. Drag the bar to max, and the screen will stretch to the native resolution 1680x1050.
    7. Also click the tab with showing RGB drop down list and select the last one (it will change to image quality for pc).
    That's it. Good Luck.

damtachoa, Dec 22, 2019
  3. Menu Bar for IE10

Hi CherylPree,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community. We are sorry for the inconvenience caused.

I see that you need to find the menu bar in Internet 10.
    The menu bar can be turned on or off in Internet Explorer. Here's how to display the menu bar if it is turned off.

Please follow the below steps and check if it helps,

To display the menus temporarily

• In the search box, type Internet Explorer, and then, in the list of results, click
      Internet Explorer.
    • Press Alt.
    To display the menus permanently

• In the search box, type Internet Explorer, and then, in the list of results, click
      Internet Explorer.
    • Click the View button, point to Toolbars, and then click
      Menu Bar.
    Reply us if you have further queries we will be glad to assist you.

Anup Karkal, Dec 22, 2019
  4. Is there any way to have a menu bar displayed with windows 10 "S"

changing size of title bars, menues, etc, in windows 10

Hi Gary,

Thank you for using Windows 10.

With the information that you've provided, I understand that you wish to change the title bar, menus of File Explorer to bold, correct me if I'm wrong. I suggest you to follow the steps:

• Press Windows+X key and select Control Panel.
    • Select Display.
    • Select the item that you wish to make bold from the drop down menu.
    • Check the box next to Bold and click on Apply.
    Hope it helps. Let us know if you need further assistance and we'll be glad to help.

Navneet Anand, Dec 22, 2019
Thema:

Is there any way to have a menu bar displayed with windows 10 "S"

1. Is there any way to have a menu bar displayed with windows 10 "S" - Similar Threads - menu bar displayed

2. is there a way to have the windows 7 title bar in windows 10?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    is there a way to have the windows 7 title bar in windows 10?: i keep seeing it when i install windows 10 for the first time on a new pc or for a split second when i fullscreen minecraft, i really like the style of windows 7 and i am currently trying to make my windows 10 look like windows 7. also because i am poor is there a way to do...
  3. Any way of modding Windows 10 with Mac styles context menu?

Any way of modding Windows 10 with Mac styles context menu?: [ATTACH] I really like the UI of Mac computers, but I don't want to switch to one. Does anyone know how to mod a windows 10 machine to have the context menu look like a mac's?...
  4. Is There Any Way to Pin YouTube on Windows 10 Start Menu?

Is There Any Way to Pin YouTube on Windows 10 Start Menu?: Just wondering if I can pin YouTube as a live tile on Windows 10 start menu. If anyone know the trick please help me. Thanks in advance for all your helps.. submitted by /u/SHH19 [link] [comments]...
  5. Windows 10 search bar doesen't display any results

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 search bar doesen't display any results: This problem litterally came out of nowhere It just started happening like 10 minutes before this post was created, I didn't do anything, nothing was wrong, this was randomly happened I tried to diagnose it with the troubleshooter, nothing worked. [ATTACH] Does anyone...
  6. Is there *any* way to exit Windows 10 Home S mode whilst using...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Is there *any* way to exit Windows 10 Home S mode whilst using...: ...A local account? I am setting-up a new Laptop and S mode is new to me. As many of you will know, S mode apparently means that you can only download from the Microsoft store. I much prefer to use a local account because I believe (rightly or wrongly) that it offers more...
  7. Any way to disable the new drop-down menu for wireless displays?

in Windows 10 Support
    Any way to disable the new drop-down menu for wireless displays?: Hi everyone, I wasn't entirely sure what to call this "feature," but all of a sudden windows is giving me a drop-down menu at the top of the screen whenever I'm connected to a wireless display. Does anyone know how to get rid of it? I can unpin it so that it's not always...
  8. Is there a way to get Menu bar on IE in Windows 10?

in Browsers and Email
    Is there a way to get Menu bar on IE in Windows 10?: Is there a way to get Menu bar on IE in Windows 10? 120794
  9. Windows 10 menu bar

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 menu bar: I just noticed that this out of place suspicios menu bar has suddenly appeared on my explorer windows. Cant get it off either, have tried it through group policy with no avail. Can somebody help me please? [img] 45924
  10. IE11 Favorites in Menu Bar in Windows 10 displayed incorrectly

in Browsers and Email
    IE11 Favorites in Menu Bar in Windows 10 displayed incorrectly: I posted this problem in other forums, but alas, no help yet. Here's hoping someone here can assist. Thanks. Favorites have become inaccessible during the process of Organizing Favorites. My IE Favorites were on OneDrive long before upgrading to Windows 10. I have used...