Windows 10: Is there any way to have taskbar at the side as thin as it is when on bottom with small icons?

Discus and support Is there any way to have taskbar at the side as thin as it is when on bottom with small icons? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; When I put sidebar at the side i can't choose small icons. It consume a lot of space. In another windows versions i was used to install a program to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/demigu, Jul 24, 2020.

1. /u/demigu Win User

Is there any way to have taskbar at the side as thin as it is when on bottom with small icons?

When I put sidebar at the side i can't choose small icons. It consume a lot of space. In another windows versions i was used to install a program to make it thinner. Still don't find anything that works on windows 10. Tips, please!

submitted by /u/demigu
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/demigu, Jul 24, 2020
  2. pinoy2001 Win User

Taskbar's small Bar at the bottom of every active icon/window missing when taskbar is to the side of the screen

When the taskbar is on the bottom side of my screen, I have a small bar on the bottom of every window that is active. So, for example, if I have a Google Chrome window active on my desktop, the Chrome icon will show on my taskbar, along with a small
    bar on the bottom of its icon, to let me know that there is a window up and running on my desktop. However, when I put the taskbar to the side of the desktop, the little bar goes away. The only way to know whether or not I have a window open is to move my
    cursor over the icon and hope a preview window slides out. I have had the little bar there before when I had it on the side, but now it is gone. What do I do to get it back?

pinoy2001, Jul 26, 2020
  3. Taskbar bottom is very small

Sorry - the small icon box was already un-checked. Other problem occurred now... the desktop screen (on startup) was oversized in the left direction, so that screen icons on that side are shoved beyond the borderline... ironically, including the START
    button which was previously moved to the top (with the Taskbar). In order to get to START button, I had to move the Taskbar to the right side. I tried to adjust the screen resolution, which caused the screen to 'snap back' to proper size (on the left only).
    The Taskbar is still half hidden on the bottom when I move it there. Frustration level is building...

Boatskipper, Jul 26, 2020
  4. Is there any way to have taskbar at the side as thin as it is when on bottom with small icons?

Taskbar bottom is very small

Hi,

Welcome to Microsoft Community and thank you for posting your query.

Sorry for the inconvenience caused to you. Let me help you to fix the issue.

Let’s try simple troubleshooting steps and check if that helps. Follow the below method.

• Right click on the task bar and click on properties.

• On taskbar tab, uncheck the box Use small taskbar button
      and click on Apply.
    Hope this information helps. Please post us with the status we will be glad to assist you.

Billion Debbarma, Jul 26, 2020
Thema:

Is there any way to have taskbar at the side as thin as it is when on bottom with small icons?

1. Is there any way to have taskbar at the side as thin as it is when on bottom with small icons? - Similar Threads - taskbar side thin

2. Alternative Ways to Make the Taskbar Icons Small in Windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Alternative Ways to Make the Taskbar Icons Small in Windows 11: Hello,I've already tried to go into Regedit, all the way to Explorer and Dword 32 bit and 0 or 1. However, after I Restart my laptop, the taskbar icons still appears large. What is going on.The problem started when I was trying to fix another issue Which still isn't fixed,...
  3. Alternative Ways to Make the Taskbar Icons Small in Windows 11

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Alternative Ways to Make the Taskbar Icons Small in Windows 11: Hello,I've already tried to go into Regedit, all the way to Explorer and Dword 32 bit and 0 or 1. However, after I Restart my laptop, the taskbar icons still appears large. What is going on.The problem started when I was trying to fix another issue Which still isn't fixed,...
  4. Is there any way to change hidden taskbars Icons?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Is there any way to change hidden taskbars Icons?: Hello,I was wondering if there is any way, in windows or through an app, to customize the Icons in the Hidden Taskbar, since some apps have colored Icons and I would just like make all of them Black and white for estathic reasons.Hoping for an answer to this problem <3...
  5. Is there any way to change hidden taskbars Icons?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Is there any way to change hidden taskbars Icons?: Hello,I was wondering if there is any way, in windows or through an app, to customize the Icons in the Hidden Taskbar, since some apps have colored Icons and I would just like make all of them Black and white for estathic reasons.Hoping for an answer to this problem <3...
  6. Is there any way to change hidden taskbars Icons?

in Windows 10 Customization
  7. Taskbar icons too small

Taskbar icons too small: Hi !! I recently had to change my laptop size to 100% because the software I'm using for work can't support my screen scaling, I have the 1920 x 1080 resolution because it's the clearest, but the issue here is my taskbar apps are tiny. I want to know if there's a solution to...
  8. Is there any way to have the taskbar show in fullscreen?

Is there any way to have the taskbar show in fullscreen?: I am using the option of having the taskbar hide automatically and only show when you hover the mouse over it. I would like to be able to keep using this function in full screen mode. IE hover down while for example playing a video in full screen in order to toggle bluetooth...
  9. Taskbar's small Bar at the bottom of every active icon/window missing when taskbar is to...

Taskbar's small Bar at the bottom of every active icon/window missing when taskbar is to...: When the taskbar is on the bottom side of my screen, I have a small bar on the bottom of every window that is active. So, for example, if I have a Google Chrome window active on my desktop, the Chrome icon will show on my taskbar, along with a small bar on the bottom of its...
  10. Icons not aligning with taskbar and have a blur or shadow on the side

in Windows 10 Support
    Icons not aligning with taskbar and have a blur or shadow on the side: Icons have side blur/shadow and icons don't go down line up with the taskbar like normal but have a gap between the taskbar and bottom row of icons Thanks for any help [img] 85315