Windows 10: Is there any way to hide folders from desktop view, but not from file explorer?

Discus and support Is there any way to hide folders from desktop view, but not from file explorer? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I have a hard drive that shows it’s contents on my desktop, and all the categories (music, photos, downloads, etc) all route to my hard drive without... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/AksTheGreat, Jul 30, 2020.

1. Is there any way to hide folders from desktop view, but not from file explorer?

I have a hard drive that shows it’s contents on my desktop, and all the categories (music, photos, downloads, etc) all route to my hard drive without categories. I would like to know how to make my download folder visible in file explorer but not on my desktop. Thank you

submitted by /u/AksTheGreat
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/AksTheGreat, Jul 30, 2020
  2. Suman_B Win User

Temporarily hide a folder

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

I understand that you want to hide photos while working on Photos app, In order to get clarity and to assist you accordingly, we would need some information.

1. Are you aware of any recent changes made on your PC?
    2. What is the version and build of you operating system? In the
      Search box, type winver
      to get this info.

Since it takes a while for the folder to re-populate after removal from the Photos app, I have found a work around to hide the folder from Photos app by changing the hidden attributes.

Follow the steps to hide the Photo/ folder.

1. Right click on the Photo/ folder.
    2. Select properties.
    3. Check Hidden under General tab and hit apply
    4. The photo will be temporally hidden from photos app.

To unhide the Photo/ folder refer the below steps.

1. Click on files explorer.
    2. Select the View tab and check Hidden items to view the Photo/folder
    3. Right click on the Photo/folder
    4. Select properties, Uncheck Hidden and click on apply.
    5. The Photo will re-appear in the Photos app.

Thanks,

Suman.B

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Suman_B, Jul 30, 2020
  3. How to show hidden/hide folders/files for only "one specific drive"?

First way

Step 1: Open This PC.
    Double-click This PC on the desktop to open it.
    You can also open another folder such as Network, File Explorer, Recycle Bin, etc.

Step 2: Show the hidden files and folders in the View menu.
    Click View, tap Show/hide in the menu, and check the small box before Hidden items in the sub-list.

Second Way :Show hidden files and folders in the Folder Options.

Step 1: Open Folder Options.
    Open This PC, click View and select Options.

Step 2: Show the hidden files and folders in the View settings.
    In the Folder Options window, choose View, select Show hidden files, folders, and drives, and then click OK.

Luciferangel, Jul 30, 2020
  4. mrgeek Win User

Is there any way to hide folders from desktop view, but not from file explorer?

Change Folder View Layout in Windows 10

"uhm that method does not work. i want to set folder view as List as default instead Details for all folders"
    Did you download and run Brink's .bat file in Step 1 ? Lacking that, look at the screens in post 3. In Step 5 'folders of this type' defaults to each of the Windows templates for Pictures, Music, etc. If you want ALL folders to have the same List view, r-click any folder in each of the 5 folders under This PC (Desktop does not apply) and hit 'Customize this folder'. Set to 'Optimize this folder for General Items". Then follow the screen in post 3 using List instead of Details in Step 1 and you should be good to go.

mrgeek, Jul 30, 2020
Thema:

Is there any way to hide folders from desktop view, but not from file explorer?

1. Is there any way to hide folders from desktop view, but not from file explorer? - Similar Threads - hide folders desktop

2. Is there any way to stop File Explorer from organising my folders in alphabetical order?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Is there any way to stop File Explorer from organising my folders in alphabetical order?: It can be very annoying for some people if you want to put folders in order of a timeline e.g. story chapters but once you go back into the folder they are put in alphabetical order which annoys you. Is there any way to stop this?...
  3. Is there any way to stop File Explorer from organising my folders in alphabetical order?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Is there any way to stop File Explorer from organising my folders in alphabetical order?: It can be very annoying for some people if you want to put folders in order of a timeline e.g. story chapters but once you go back into the folder they are put in alphabetical order which annoys you. Is there any way to stop this?...
  4. Is there any way to stop File Explorer from organising my folders in alphabetical order?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Is there any way to hide an application from the "Program Files" folder?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Is there any way to hide an application from the "Program Files" folder?: If I were to hide/rename/tamper with it in any way, the application just uninstalls itself. Any way to hide it without this happening? Thanks...
  6. Is there any way to hide an application from the "Program Files" folder?

Is there any way to hide an application from the "Program Files" folder?: If I were to hide/rename/tamper with it in any way, the application just uninstalls itself. Any way to hide it without this happening? Thanks...
  7. is there any way to hide a drive from windows defragger?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    is there any way to hide a drive from windows defragger?: some undeeded drives are showing mainly my dvd and bluray player so i wondered if there was a way to edit which drives show and which dont https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/is-there-any-way-to-hide-a-drive-from-windows/0d97ca44-9fb5-4637-aca4-63eff7f7e777
  8. is there any way to hide a drive from windows defragger?

is there any way to hide a drive from windows defragger?: some undeeded drives are showing mainly my dvd and bluray player so i wondered if there was a way to edit which drives show and which dont https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/is-there-any-way-to-hide-a-drive-from-windows/0d97ca44-9fb5-4637-aca4-63eff7f7e777
  9. hiding the taskbar from view

in Windows 10 Customization
    hiding the taskbar from view: how do you make the taskbar disappear from view when you are using the computer? It is taking up too much of my screen https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/hiding-the-taskbar-from-view/c55bc8b3-ce16-4786-b1ed-56caad33a156
  10. Any way to disable / Hide Quick Access in File explorer

in Windows 10 Support
    Any way to disable / Hide Quick Access in File explorer: Hi folks I find the quick access displays in File explorer mega annoying -- any way to hide it or better disable it altogether. Cheers jimbo 108605