Windows 10: Is there any way to launch a program when a USB or HDMI input is detected?

Discus and support Is there any way to launch a program when a USB or HDMI input is detected? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Is this achievable using task scheduler or anything? I've been doing some googling but have found only vague answers. What I'd like to accomplish... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/morosevacuum_, May 6, 2020.

1. Is there any way to launch a program when a USB or HDMI input is detected?

Is this achievable using task scheduler or anything? I've been doing some googling but have found only vague answers. What I'd like to accomplish ideally is the launching of Steam's Big Picture mode when a secondary display is detected by the system. I'm considering investing in one of these to replace my Steam link out at the living room TV (with the idea of solving FPS loss and latency issues. The steam link is great but it has its issues). You'll notice that particular model of extender also allows for USB input, so if there's some way to accomplish this when the xbox one controller connects out in the living room then that could work as well.

Admittedly it wouldn't be a *huge* problem to have to click a desktop icon to launch Steam once the TV is connected, but if it could happen as seamlessly and instantaneously as it did with the Steam Link that would really be ideal and help me decide whether or not I actually want to invest in this thing.

Furthermore, if anyone has any suggestions as to where I might cross-post this for some further help then that would be wonderful. Thanks all!

submitted by /u/morosevacuum_
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/morosevacuum_, May 6, 2020

2. HDMI input to my W10 laptop

Hi Anthony,

you may use HDMI-to-USB adapter if you want to use HDMI. But please look to camera's manual, may be there are listed some other ways.

Igor Leyko, May 6, 2020
  3. Jack Win User
    Windows 10 Audio input to programs broken

Recently my audio input, from USB headset and USB guitar cable have stopped working. Going into Windows 'Sounds' and enabling 'Listen to this device' outputs the audio as expected; the problem is not with the devices. However, as soon as I try to use them with any other program, discord, for example, no audio input is detected by discord.

I have tried everything I can think of and some suggestions from Googling around;

• Updating everything - windows, drivers, all related software
    • Rolling windows back to the last build
    • Trying different USB ports
    • Reinstalling drivers and software
    • Running Windows troubleshooters
    • Playing with device properties settings

But nothing seems to work, any suggestions?

Jack, May 6, 2020
  4. jfb9301 Win User

Is there any way to launch a program when a USB or HDMI input is detected?

programs not detected by "3d Detection"

I cant seem to get some of my 3d programs to be properly detected by 3d Detection.
    a couple oldies but goodies, and yes, I do still play them.

UnrealTournament engine games
    Halflife engine games

I suppose when I dust them off I could just manually load a profile, but it is much easier to just have proper 3d detection. I noticed an exception list, is there any way to create a list of applications that if detected running, atitool switches to your 3d profile?

I've tried 0.23 and 0.24b1 no success.
    Using 5.2 Catalyst drivers.
    3d detection verified operational by doom3, HL2, 3dmark2001,2003, aquamark and a few more.

jfb9301, May 6, 2020
Thema:

Is there any way to launch a program when a USB or HDMI input is detected?

1. Is there any way to launch a program when a USB or HDMI input is detected? - Similar Threads - launch program USB

2. USB-C to HDMI monitor not detected

in Windows 10 Gaming
    USB-C to HDMI monitor not detected: I just purchased a new Asus Vivobook. After powering it up and installing updates and a secondary monitor with HMDI TO HDMI connection that works fine. I then plugged a USBC cable into my usbc port an attached the other end of the cable into the HDMI port of my monitor. The...
  3. USB-C to HDMI monitor not detected

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    USB-C to HDMI monitor not detected: I just purchased a new Asus Vivobook. After powering it up and installing updates and a secondary monitor with HMDI TO HDMI connection that works fine. I then plugged a USBC cable into my usbc port an attached the other end of the cable into the HDMI port of my monitor. The...
  4. Is there any way to save window position on program launch?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Is there any way to save window position on program launch?: Hey!I think the best way for me to explain what I want to do and what I need help with is through an example.Let's say you are running Chrome and you are running Mozilla at the same time.Using Aero Snap you can divide your screen to 50% left side and 50% right side and let's...
  5. Is there any way to save window position on program launch?

Is there any way to save window position on program launch?: Hey!I think the best way for me to explain what I want to do and what I need help with is through an example.Let's say you are running Chrome and you are running Mozilla at the same time.Using Aero Snap you can divide your screen to 50% left side and 50% right side and let's...
  6. When using a displayport usb-c input and a hdmi input, hdmi turns off when lid closed

in Windows 10 Gaming
    When using a displayport usb-c input and a hdmi input, hdmi turns off when lid closed: I have one monitor that's 3440*1440 which needs a displayport to work above 50hzI have another that's 1080pIf they're both connected via usb-c to hdmi, closing the laptop lids would have them both display, although the larger monitor is stuck on a lower framerate.If I have...
  7. When using a displayport usb-c input and a hdmi input, hdmi turns off when lid closed

When using a displayport usb-c input and a hdmi input, hdmi turns off when lid closed: I have one monitor that's 3440*1440 which needs a displayport to work above 50hzI have another that's 1080pIf they're both connected via usb-c to hdmi, closing the laptop lids would have them both display, although the larger monitor is stuck on a lower framerate.If I have...
  8. Keyboard input not detected by some programs

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Keyboard input not detected by some programs: I have just installed Windows on my new computer and after restarting, Windows Search, Explorer and Settings do not register any keyboard input. Every other program, works perfectly fine, except for those three listed above and it's extremely annoying to the point that it's...
  9. Is there any way to get a program shortcut to execute a command on launch?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Is there any way to get a program shortcut to execute a command on launch?: Basically,every time i have to launch a game,i have to force stop a service in the task manager so the game gets to load.. Is there any way to automate this? Like link a command that does this when running the shortcut to the exe? submitted by /u/PocketAlex [link]...
  10. HDMI INPUT

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    HDMI INPUT: I have a desktop PC that has and HDMI port for input. Can it be used with the Amazon Firestick? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/hdmi-input/2a278d2e-fd1d-4612-b29d-456a43d043c3