Windows 10: Is there any way to lock a window in a certain position?

Discus and support Is there any way to lock a window in a certain position? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I want to record a certain window, but it requires an specific angle in order to do so. I have to resize the window and position it in a set position... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/fakeunicornboy, Feb 5, 2020.

1. Is there any way to lock a window in a certain position?

I want to record a certain window, but it requires an specific angle in order to do so. I have to resize the window and position it in a set position for the recording to go smoother, but the problem is every time I close said window, it opens on full screen as if I didn't do anything to it. I really need it to be in a certain location so the recording captures everything going on in it. Help!

submitted by /u/fakeunicornboy
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/fakeunicornboy, Feb 5, 2020

2. Saving windows position

Hi Christoffer,

I've tried to replicate what you want to achieve. I tested a few Windows apps (Weather app, Paint app, and Skype app) and I was able to set the size and the position of each app. When I close and open an app, it opens right where I placed its floating window.
    You may follow these steps:

1. Open an app or a program.
    2. Resize its window according to your preferrence.
    3. Right-click on the upper-left hand corner of the app or program window, then click
      Size to lock the window size.
    4. Move the window to your desired position.
    5. Right-click again on the upper-left hand corner of the app or program window, then click
      Move to lock its position.
    6. Close the app or program and then relaunch it.

Please let me know how it goes for you so I'll be able to further check on this in case the above steps won't help.

Regards.

Vanessa Yar, Feb 5, 2020
  3. dalchina Win User
    Automatically size and position certain windows

Hi, if you have a look at Autohotkey (free) you can quite readily write a simple script which watches for certain windows (e.g. by title) and then if found, moves them to a certain position.

Here's one command (from Autohotkey help) which should do part of what you need:

Is there any way to lock a window in a certain position? [​IMG]

dalchina, Feb 5, 2020
  4. Dinger Win User

Is there any way to lock a window in a certain position?

Automatically size and position certain windows

Hi,

I'm running Windows 10 pro x64.

I have an UHD monitor and would really like it if there was a way or application to set up certain windows to be a specific place on the screen and a specific size when they open.

For example, each time I want to save or load any file a small dialogue box appears which I need to resize to the screen height. I do actually need the dialogue box to be that size.

Does anyone have any suggestions?

Thanks,

Dinger, Feb 5, 2020
Thema:

Is there any way to lock a window in a certain position?

1. Is there any way to lock a window in a certain position? - Similar Threads - lock window certain

2. Is there any way to disable certain cameras for certain applications?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Is there any way to disable certain cameras for certain applications?: An example is only using OBS virtual camera on chrome while my regular webcam is disabled but OBS will be using that webcam for the virtual webcam. Can I do that?...
  3. Is there any way to lock the screen aspect ratio?

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Is there any way to lock the screen aspect ratio?: Is there any way to lock the screen aspect ratio so its always 1024x768, independent of there being a monitor connected to the PC? 165923
  4. [Help] Any way to prevent windows from locking on inactivity?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    [Help] Any way to prevent windows from locking on inactivity?: If I leave my laptop untouched, it locks the screen and goes to lockscreen after ~5 minutes. How do I prevent this? I'm NOT talking about screen turning off. I'm fine with screen turning off. But I don't want the screen to lock. In other words, Is this possible - Laptop...
  5. Locking/freezing position of file

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Locking/freezing position of file: Is it possible to lock the position of a file. I have a lot of excel documents shared on a drive. I am trying to collect data from them into PowerBI. The documents are edited by other users than me. My problem being that they move the location of the file which...
  6. Any way to lock Control Panel>Internet Options?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Any way to lock Control Panel>Internet Options?: I am asking because sometimes on reboot I will check and my settings change. Under the security tab I have all of the zones set to 'high' but I will check and sometimes they will be set to 'custom'. I would like to lock them to 'high' via group policy or some other method....
  7. Any way to display the full path for certain folders (documents, etc)?

in Windows 10 Support
    Any way to display the full path for certain folders (documents, etc)?: Hi I noticed that File Explorer doesn't show the full path in the title bar (after I enabled this) for certain folders such as Documents, Downloads...that you select in the navigation pane. It shows fine if I navigate to the same folder though. Any way to show the path for...
  8. Is it possible to lock the wallpaper position?

in Windows 10 Customization
    Is it possible to lock the wallpaper position?: I have a third party wallpaper changer that I like, but when I updated to Win 10 every change comes out as centered, with a boarder. No matter how many times I change it to "fill" next changes to "centered". I have plated with the settings in the program but nothing helps....
  9. Lock desktop icons positions?

Lock desktop icons positions?: I occasionally move the mouse pointer across the desktop and inadvertently drag icons to new positions. Is there a command or a feature that locks the desktop icons in place and can snap them back into position when this occurs? 86732
  10. Automatically size and position certain windows

Automatically size and position certain windows: Hi, I'm running Windows 10 pro x64. I have an UHD monitor and would really like it if there was a way or application to set up certain windows to be a specific place on the screen and a specific size when they open. For example, each time I want to save or load any...