Windows 10: Is there any way to lock a window in a certain position?

Discus and support Is there any way to lock a window in a certain position? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I want to record a certain window, but it requires an specific angle in order to do so. I have to resize the window and position it in a set position... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/fakeunicornboy, Feb 5, 2020.

1. Is there any way to lock a window in a certain position?

I want to record a certain window, but it requires an specific angle in order to do so. I have to resize the window and position it in a set position for the recording to go smoother, but the problem is every time I close said window, it opens on full screen as if I didn't do anything to it. I really need it to be in a certain location so the recording captures everything going on in it. Help!

submitted by /u/fakeunicornboy
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/fakeunicornboy, Feb 5, 2020

2. Saving windows position

Hi Christoffer,

I've tried to replicate what you want to achieve. I tested a few Windows apps (Weather app, Paint app, and Skype app) and I was able to set the size and the position of each app. When I close and open an app, it opens right where I placed its floating window.
    You may follow these steps:

1. Open an app or a program.
    2. Resize its window according to your preferrence.
    3. Right-click on the upper-left hand corner of the app or program window, then click
      Size to lock the window size.
    4. Move the window to your desired position.
    5. Right-click again on the upper-left hand corner of the app or program window, then click
      Move to lock its position.
    6. Close the app or program and then relaunch it.

Please let me know how it goes for you so I'll be able to further check on this in case the above steps won't help.

Regards.

Vanessa Yar, Feb 5, 2020
  3. dalchina Win User
    Automatically size and position certain windows

Hi, if you have a look at Autohotkey (free) you can quite readily write a simple script which watches for certain windows (e.g. by title) and then if found, moves them to a certain position.

Here's one command (from Autohotkey help) which should do part of what you need:

Is there any way to lock a window in a certain position? [​IMG]

dalchina, Feb 5, 2020
  4. Dinger Win User

Is there any way to lock a window in a certain position?

Automatically size and position certain windows

Hi,

I'm running Windows 10 pro x64.

I have an UHD monitor and would really like it if there was a way or application to set up certain windows to be a specific place on the screen and a specific size when they open.

For example, each time I want to save or load any file a small dialogue box appears which I need to resize to the screen height. I do actually need the dialogue box to be that size.

Does anyone have any suggestions?

Thanks,

Dinger, Feb 5, 2020
Thema:

Is there any way to lock a window in a certain position?

1. Is there any way to lock a window in a certain position? - Similar Threads - lock window certain

2. On Win 11, is there any way to change the position of the date/time display on the lock screen

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    On Win 11, is there any way to change the position of the date/time display on the lock screen: Just upgraded to Win 11 and I'm trying to find a way to change the position of the date/time display on the lock screen. I'd like to move it back to the lower left corner of the screen, as it was in Win 10, instead of the upper center of the screen where it currently is in...
  3. On Win 11, is there any way to change the position of the date/time display on the lock screen

in Windows 10 Gaming
    On Win 11, is there any way to change the position of the date/time display on the lock screen: Just upgraded to Win 11 and I'm trying to find a way to change the position of the date/time display on the lock screen. I'd like to move it back to the lower left corner of the screen, as it was in Win 10, instead of the upper center of the screen where it currently is in...
  4. Is there any way to save window position on program launch?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Is there any way to save window position on program launch?: Hey!I think the best way for me to explain what I want to do and what I need help with is through an example.Let's say you are running Chrome and you are running Mozilla at the same time.Using Aero Snap you can divide your screen to 50% left side and 50% right side and let's...
  5. Is there any way to save window position on program launch?

Is there any way to save window position on program launch?: Hey!I think the best way for me to explain what I want to do and what I need help with is through an example.Let's say you are running Chrome and you are running Mozilla at the same time.Using Aero Snap you can divide your screen to 50% left side and 50% right side and let's...
  6. Is there any way to lock a window to a virtual desktop?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Is there any way to lock a window to a virtual desktop?: I have 3 virtual desktops and find that my windows randomly move between the desktops. I'm trying to keep windows in a a personal desktop separate from windows in a citrix hosted work desktop, separate from windows in a projects desktop. I find that windows from one desktop...
  7. Is there any way to lock a window to a virtual desktop?

Is there any way to lock a window to a virtual desktop?: I have 3 virtual desktops and find that my windows randomly move between the desktops. I'm trying to keep windows in a a personal desktop separate from windows in a citrix hosted work desktop, separate from windows in a projects desktop. I find that windows from one desktop...
  8. Is there any way to lock a window to a virtual desktop?

in Windows 10 Customization
  9. Is there any way to disable certain cameras for certain applications?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Is there any way to disable certain cameras for certain applications?: An example is only using OBS virtual camera on chrome while my regular webcam is disabled but OBS will be using that webcam for the virtual webcam. Can I do that?...
  10. Automatically size and position certain windows

in Windows 10 Customization
    Automatically size and position certain windows: Hi, I'm running Windows 10 pro x64. I have an UHD monitor and would really like it if there was a way or application to set up certain windows to be a specific place on the screen and a specific size when they open. For example, each time I want to save or load any...