Windows 10: Is there any way to lock the screen aspect ratio?

Discus and support Is there any way to lock the screen aspect ratio? in Windows 10 Graphic Cards to solve the problem; Is there any way to lock the screen aspect ratio so its always 1024x768, independent of there being a monitor connected to the PC? 165923 Discussion in 'Windows 10 Graphic Cards' started by ReallyFrustratd, Oct 7, 2020.

1. Is there any way to lock the screen aspect ratio?

Is there any way to lock the screen aspect ratio so its always 1024x768, independent of there being a monitor connected to the PC?

:)

ReallyFrustratd, Oct 7, 2020
  2. Boris206 Win User

Aspect ratios of images in the Windows 10 lock screen slideshow

So the Windows 10 lock screen slideshow has limitations on the aspect ratio of images it displays. It prefers landscape images over portrait, but can not display panorama (like 4:1 aspect ratio).

Boris206, Oct 7, 2020
  3. How to change monitor aspect ratio without centering screen

Hi Ashakil,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I understand your concern, make sure you are logged in as admin. After that please follow the steps below and check the aspect ratio.

• Right click on Desktop.

• Click on Personalize.

• Advanced display settings,

• Display Adapter properties

• Monitor>scaling>Change Aspect Ratio.
    Hope it helps.

SujataMoktan, Oct 7, 2020
  4. YelrishUN Win User

Is there any way to lock the screen aspect ratio?

Is there a way to correct the aspect ratio.

Is there a way to correct the aspect ratio on my computer. It is stretched sideways and everything is distorted. People look fat.

Moved from: Windows / Windows 10 / Performance & system failures

YelrishUN, Oct 7, 2020
Thema:

Is there any way to lock the screen aspect ratio?

1. Is there any way to lock the screen aspect ratio? - Similar Threads - lock screen aspect

2. Aspect ratio in games

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Aspect ratio in games: I have a game on my pc that runs in a 4:3 aspect ratio and I accidentally launched it while another game that runs in a 16:9 ratio was open.Now whenever I open that latter game, it runs in a pixelated 4:3 ratio.How do I fix this. How do I set it back to 16:9....
  3. Aspect ratio in games

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Aspect ratio in games: I have a game on my pc that runs in a 4:3 aspect ratio and I accidentally launched it while another game that runs in a 16:9 ratio was open.Now whenever I open that latter game, it runs in a pixelated 4:3 ratio.How do I fix this. How do I set it back to 16:9....
  4. Monitor Aspect Ratio

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Monitor Aspect Ratio: I'm running Windows 98 on an old Dell computer. The aspect ratio on the monitor appears to be 16:9 when I want it back to 4:3. How do I do this? Many thannks! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/monitor-aspect-ratio/18bdf740-2b3e-47f9-9fe7-8bd472896925
  5. Monitor Aspect Ratio

Monitor Aspect Ratio: I'm running Windows 98 on an old Dell computer. The aspect ratio on the monitor appears to be 16:9 when I want it back to 4:3. How do I do this? Many thannks! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/monitor-aspect-ratio/18bdf740-2b3e-47f9-9fe7-8bd472896925
  6. Aspect Ratio

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Aspect Ratio: I opened up Halo: Master Chief Collection and it first opened on my second monitor and shortly after I got it moved to my first monitor it screwed with my aspect ratio and made my icons on that screen bigger than they should be...
  7. Aspect Ratio

Aspect Ratio: I opened up Halo: Master Chief Collection and it first opened on my second monitor and shortly after I got it moved to my first monitor it screwed with my aspect ratio and made my icons on that screen bigger than they should be...
  8. Is there a way to override aspect ratio in Youtube?

Is there a way to override aspect ratio in Youtube?: Hello! I tried YouTube in many browsers and I could not find a way to override the aspect ratio of a video. I watch some old videos that are 4:3 and appear with undesirable black bars at the side of the screen in either window or full screen mode. It seems the only...
  9. Is there a way to resize a window and keep aspect ratio?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Is there a way to resize a window and keep aspect ratio?: I swear I remember way back before windows 10 but on windows you could hold like shift and left click and drag the window only it would only grow maintaining the aspect ratio when you have your cursor on the corner of a window. submitted by /u/megasworth [link] [comments]...
  10. Screen Aspect Ratio in Windows 10.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Screen Aspect Ratio in Windows 10.: Hello everyone, I've got an old notebook. I decided to install Windows 10 on it. However, it turned out that Windows 10 does not support the GPU that I have in my laptop what means there is no software, dedicated to my GPU. Because of that, I can't change the screen aspect...