Windows 10: Is there any way to make the Preview Pane folder specific?

Discus and support Is there any way to make the Preview Pane folder specific? in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Is there any way to make the Preview Pane folder specific? I would like to have folders remember whether or not I want the preview pane on or off...... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by awelti, Dec 13, 2018.

1. awelti Win User

Is there any way to make the Preview Pane folder specific?

I would like to have folders remember whether or not I want the preview pane on or off...

For example, whenever I open a folder full of pictures, I always want the preview pane to be on, the icons to be large and arranged by date.

However, whenever I open a folder full of documents, I always want the preview pane to be off, and the icons to be "details" and arranged alphabetically.

I remember loving the way Windows XP use to work like this, I could turn the preview pane on or off, set the icon size and the way they sorted for a particular folder, and the next time I returned to that folder, it would remember how I had left it.

Hoping this feature is still there, I just need to be told how to enable it in Windows 10... and I don't mean how to turn the preview pane on and off, I'm talking about how to make each folder remember it's own preview on or off setting so I don't have to keep turning the pane on and off...

Because, it's a pain... ;-)

Thanks,

Alex

:)

awelti, Dec 13, 2018

2. preview/details pane in explorer

Hi,

Setting the Preview pane to show or hide in File Explorer will apply to all folders. If you wish to hide the Preview pane in File Explorer, we suggest that you follow the steps below:

• Open File Explorer.
    • Tap on View tab.
    • Click Preview Pane to view/hide it.

We would appreciate it if you could get back to us and provide us your feedback.

Michael Gall, Dec 13, 2018
  3. Preview pane is not available while viewing the pictures

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

To assist you better, I would like to know the file format of the image that you would like to see in preview pane.

If the preview pane doesn’t appear, I suggest you to follow the steps and check if that helps to resolve the issue.

• Open the folder where the images are located.

• Click on View option at the top and choose
      Preview pane.

• Now you will be able to see the images on the Preview pane.
    Hope the information helps. Let us know if you need further assistance. We will be happy to help.

Thank you.

Krishna Prasobh V, Dec 13, 2018
  4. Mithin_EJ Win User

Preview pane doesn't work in Windows 10

Hi RuthZekowski,

Thank you for posting your question in the Microsoft Community.

1. Are you facing issue with all your files or any particular files?
    2. Which version of Windows you are using?
    3. Since when are you facing this issue?

The Preview pane shows the contents of certain files selected in File Explorer. For images, it is a thumbnail preview.

If you are unable to preview in File explorer, I suggest you to try the below steps.

1. Open a new File Explorer window and click the View tab from the ribbon toolbar.
    2. Click Options, and then click Change folder and search options to open Folder Options dialog.
    3. Check the Show preview handlers in preview pane box, and click/tap on OK.​

Please reply for all the required information to help you further.

Hope it helps.

Mithin_EJ, Dec 13, 2018
Thema:

1. Is there any way to make the Preview Pane folder specific? - Similar Threads - Preview Pane folder

2. FOLDER PREVIEW PANE

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    FOLDER PREVIEW PANE: I have ADOBE, FOXIT & SODA PDF Viewer installed. My default pdf viewer for opening files are FOXIT READER But when clicking any pdf file in folder, SODA pdf automatically showing preview in folders preview panel. I want to change this default app to ADOBE or FOXIT....
  3. Add specific folders to Navigation Pane

in Windows 10 Customization
    Add specific folders to Navigation Pane: Win10 Home x64 build 18363.836 Hello! With a lot of help from you all and many tutorials, I got my new Win10 system up and running, and set (for the most part) the way I like it. A few things I have not been able to find tutorials on (I'm sure they exist, I just haven't...
  4. Is there a way to place the preview pane inside the file explorer pane

in Windows 10 Support
    Is there a way to place the preview pane inside the file explorer pane: I have a blank space in my file explorer ribbon panel on the right. Can I place the preview pane there? I'm running the latest Windows 10 Pro.. [img] Appreciate some insights on this..thank you.. Rgds, 150811
  5. Is there any way to hide folders with specific name in Windows 10

Is there any way to hide folders with specific name in Windows 10: So i have a folder named as 'My Data' in all the drives and in multiple locations. Like in 100s of locations. Basically there are 100s of folders named as 'My Data' scattered all over my computer. I wanted to see if there is any way to hide all these folder from one single...
  6. Preview pane

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Preview pane: Another issue is the preview pane on the file explorer. After the update is no longer working. I really don't know what else to do. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/preview-pane/8a221a08-c589-478d-b12b-d6610a30458e
  7. Is there a way to open specific folder

in Windows 10 Support
    Is there a way to open specific folder: I have a thumb drive inserted where I save copies of one accounting file. The thumb drive has multiple folders. Is there a way to automatically open just one of those folders automatically when I click on File Explorer or do I have to see all the contents and pick out the...
  8. Any way to resize the preview panes when using win+tab

in Windows 10 Support
    Any way to resize the preview panes when using win+tab: I'm not sure if I'm just searching it wrong, or the question just hasn't been asked yet. But I've searched to the best of my ability, high and low and I can't find anything that touches on my question. So here's the scenario: I use a 40inch tv as my PC monitor. I also play...
  9. Any Way To Make Permanent Folder Icons on Desktop?

Any Way To Make Permanent Folder Icons on Desktop?: I'm hoping you guys have some cool freeway apps or tricks around to help me out. I'm looking for a way to put specific shortcuts on the desktop, mainly to folders, but make them permanent, so I can't move them or delete them. I still want to be able to select, move and...
  10. Any Way to Disable the Auto Arranging of Files for Specific Folders?

in Windows 10 Support
    Any Way to Disable the Auto Arranging of Files for Specific Folders?: Hey, Anybody happen to know how to disable Win 10 auto arranging files in a folder? You can obviously sort them in numerous way, but for certain folders I want to be able to manually rearrange my files (folders that contain music tracks). Apparently in WIn 8.1 you could...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. how to make preview pane always open

2. preview pane for certainfiles

3. specific folder not showing preview