Windows 10: Is there any way to make Windows 10 automatically switch between speakers and headphones...

Discus and support Is there any way to make Windows 10 automatically switch between speakers and headphones... in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I had an old laptop (From early 2010s) that did it automatically, when I plugged my headphones the speakers didn't work. Now I have a new laptop and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Hewee236, Oct 21, 2020.

1. Is there any way to make Windows 10 automatically switch between speakers and headphones...

I had an old laptop (From early 2010s) that did it automatically, when I plugged my headphones the speakers didn't work. Now I have a new laptop and each time I plug my headphones a notification pops up and I have to manually "agree" to change the audio output. It's kinda annoying and it doesn't work right when I'm watching a video full-screen because I can't click on the notification so the speakers keep playing. How can I make it change automatically like in my old laptop?

submitted by /u/Hewee236
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/Hewee236, Oct 21, 2020
  2. jimbabwe Win User

Automatically switch from headphones to speakers

In windows 7, when headphones were plugged into the jack on the front of the machine it would automatically switch to the headphones and mute the speakers. If you unplugged them, it would enable the speakers. How would I go about enabling this on Windows 10?

jimbabwe, Oct 21, 2020
  3. GarySt Win User
    Win10 won't switch automatically between speakers and headphones

After a forced upgrade by Windows 10 *Mad which I tried for months to avoid, windows updater has succeeded to sneak-in and install without my consent a new Win10 version.

As expected the system has been destabilized and the damages until now are:
    - When I plug in and out the headset the playback device doesn't switch automatically between speakers and headphones. I need to switch it manually every time.
    Help!

Is there any way to make Windows 10 automatically switch between speakers and headphones... [​IMG]

-----

Is there any way to make Windows 10 automatically switch between speakers and headphones... [​IMG]

GarySt, Oct 21, 2020
  4. GarySt Win User

Is there any way to make Windows 10 automatically switch between speakers and headphones...

Win10 won't switch automatically between speakers and headphones

My drivers for headphones/speakers seem up to date. (Device manager). Help!!! *Sad

GarySt, Oct 21, 2020
Thema:

Is there any way to make Windows 10 automatically switch between speakers and headphones...

1. Is there any way to make Windows 10 automatically switch between speakers and headphones... - Similar Threads - automatically switch between

2. Cant switch between speakers and headphones without unplugging the headphones

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cant switch between speakers and headphones without unplugging the headphones: I cant find my speakers on the output devices, although when i plug out my headphones, they are automatically connected https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cant-switch-between-speakers-and-headphones/e25db9b7-8303-42db-af28-0b2907bbafcc
  3. Cant switch between speakers and headphones without unplugging the headphones

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Cant switch between speakers and headphones without unplugging the headphones: I cant find my speakers on the output devices, although when i plug out my headphones, they are automatically connected https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cant-switch-between-speakers-and-headphones/e25db9b7-8303-42db-af28-0b2907bbafcc
  4. Can no longer switch between speakers and headphones

Can no longer switch between speakers and headphones: Hi!So I have a windows 10 PC and have a pretty basic speaker set up creative pebble 2.0 and headphones plugged in razer kraken x.My speakers are connected to the usb and output jack in the back of my PC, my headphones are connected to the output jack on the front of my PC so...
  5. Switching between Headphones and Speakers. Help

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Switching between Headphones and Speakers. Help: Hey guys, im using speakers most of the time but switch to my headset when i want to talk to someone (DUH). I have my speakers plugged into the back of my pc and my headphones in the front/top in the specific headset port, now my problem is, that i always have to plug or...
  6. Is there a way to make the sound autmatically switch between external speakers and headphones?

Is there a way to make the sound autmatically switch between external speakers and headphones?: I have just purcahsed some Edifier s880db speakers for my computer windows 10 lenovo legion laptop. They connect via bluetooth currently but can also connect via USB. When I plug my headphones into the AUX output of the laptop, the music continues to come from the speakers....
  7. Audio doesn't automatically switch between headphones and laptop speaker output

Audio doesn't automatically switch between headphones and laptop speaker output: Not sure when or why this happened, but my Surface Laptop running Windows 10 no longer automatically switches between audio output sources headphones and built-in Surface Laptop speakers. If I have sound playing and no headphones plugged in, the sound will continue to play...
  8. Win 10 not switching between speaker and headset automatically

Win 10 not switching between speaker and headset automatically: Recently, after a win patch this problem occured. When I boot the computer it recognizes any sound output device (headset or speaker if plugged in, default laptop speaker if nothing is plugged in) and sticks with it until restart. So if it booted with a plugged in speaker,...
  9. Win10 won't switch automatically between speakers and headphones

Win10 won't switch automatically between speakers and headphones: After a forced upgrade by Windows 10 *Mad which I tried for months to avoid, windows updater has succeeded to snick-in and install without my consent a new Win10 version. As expected the system has been destabilized and the damages until now are: - When I plug in and out the...
  10. Automatically switch from headphones to speakers

Automatically switch from headphones to speakers: In windows 7, when headphones were plugged into the jack on the front of the machine it would automatically switch to the headphones and mute the speakers. If you unplugged them, it would enable the speakers. How would I go about enabling this on Windows 10? 17425

Users found this page by searching for:

1. headphones and speakers switch win 10