Windows 10: Is there any way to make Windows require the PIN on restart? I don't want my fingerprint to...

Discus and support Is there any way to make Windows require the PIN on restart? I don't want my fingerprint to... in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; As the question states. The implementation of fingerprint login in Windows 10 seems pretty insecure in terms of policy. My phone has a "lockdown" mode... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/StovepipeCats, Sep 7, 2022.

1. Is there any way to make Windows require the PIN on restart? I don't want my fingerprint to...

As the question states. The implementation of fingerprint login in Windows 10 seems pretty insecure in terms of policy. My phone has a "lockdown" mode that is easy to activate, which disables fingerprint access until the password inputted correctly. It also requires password on a fresh boot. Anyone know if Windows can be made to work this way?

submitted by /u/StovepipeCats
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/StovepipeCats, Sep 7, 2022
  2. David-019 Win User

Require Password or Pin after restart

We are deploying Win10 to our business and we would like to use fingerprint readers as well for our users. First we want to know if there is a way to require the user to have to use their complex password (preferred) or the 6 digit PIN we will require on
    restarts instead of the fingerprint.

The idea behind the fingerprint readers are mainly for unlocking the PC and it will help ensure that we are complying with security audits we receive from clients.

David-019, Sep 7, 2022
  3. Lenji Win User
    Windows 11 ALWAYS require PIN to login (cannot use fingerprint).

Hi,

I have Windows 11 on my brand new Samsung laptop (Galaxy Book 2 Pro 360).

I have an issue regarding logging in.

I used to be able to either PIN or fingerprint to log in. I often used fingerprint and occasionally used PIN.

However, after many Windows and Samsung updates, Windows 11 now always require PIN to log in. Every time I scan my fingerprint I registered, Windows 11 only gives me the message that my PIN is required to log in. Say, I cannot use my fingerprint to log-in.

I tried to remove PIN as a alternative solution, but "remove" button is disabled in "Remove this sign-in option" under PIN log-in in Windows settings.

Is there a way I can log-in only using one of the two (PIN or fingerprint), as I used to?

Thank you.

Lenji, Sep 7, 2022
  4. Bropper Win User

Is there any way to make Windows require the PIN on restart? I don't want my fingerprint to...

Forgot Admin Password and Pin, usually use fingerprint but now requires pin!

I usually use my fingerprint to log into the admin account which I do so rarely. I have a few other non-admin accounts on the laptop.

When I tried to log into the admin account today with the fingerprint it asks for my pin as well?! This seems to be an issue with some new update. So now I cannot access the admin account since I do not know the pin or password (although the fingerprint
    is recognized and requires an extra pin to be approved)

This is entirely retarded, do I no longer have admin access for Windows 10 and I DO NOT WANT TO WIPE OUT MY COMPUTER TO RESTORE ADMIN ACCESS BEFORE ANYONE SUGGESTS THAT.

Bropper, Sep 7, 2022
Thema:

Is there any way to make Windows require the PIN on restart? I don't want my fingerprint to...

1. Is there any way to make Windows require the PIN on restart? I don't want my fingerprint to... - Similar Threads - require PIN restart

2. I was running windows 10 and do not want windows 11. is there any way to require an...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I was running windows 10 and do not want windows 11. is there any way to require an...: I was running Windows 10 and do not want Windows 11. I travel for work, windows is now doing the update without my permission. even when I set the delay and the PC is in sleep mode if I travel for more than the delay set the PC would have updated to Windows 11 before I can...
  3. I was running windows 10 and do not want windows 11. is there any way to require an...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    I was running windows 10 and do not want windows 11. is there any way to require an...: I was running Windows 10 and do not want Windows 11. I travel for work, windows is now doing the update without my permission. even when I set the delay and the PC is in sleep mode if I travel for more than the delay set the PC would have updated to Windows 11 before I can...
  4. I don't want any of this on my desk

in Cortana
    I don't want any of this on my desk: Hello,how do I remove this unwanted and intrusive piece of design from the research bar.Thanks. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-dont-want-any-of-this-on-my-desk/b7fcdd04-a571-40ea-a30e-170981fcdb9a
  5. I don't want any of this on my desk

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I don't want any of this on my desk: Hello,how do I remove this unwanted and intrusive piece of design from the research bar.Thanks. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-dont-want-any-of-this-on-my-desk/b7fcdd04-a571-40ea-a30e-170981fcdb9a
  6. I don't want any of this on my desk

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. I WANT TO MAKE A SIMPLE WINDOWS LOOK BUT IS THERE ANY WAY TO MAKE THESE TRANSPARENT with...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    I WANT TO MAKE A SIMPLE WINDOWS LOOK BUT IS THERE ANY WAY TO MAKE THESE TRANSPARENT with...: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/itsscured [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/lgv9af/i_want_to_make_a_simple_windows_look_but_is_there/
  8. Is there any way to get around the pin complexity requirements??

Is there any way to get around the pin complexity requirements??: After many fruitless attempts are trying to get around the windows10 pin complexity I am turning to my dear friends at reddit hoping to find light in a dark dark place. I want to be able to set my windows pin to 2222 but I just can't make sure with your responses that it is a...
  9. I don't want to make a mistake . . .

in Windows 10 Customization
    I don't want to make a mistake . . .: My computer, is a Dell laptop. Running, Windows 10 pro. I'm interested in buying a, renewed Dell Optiplex 7440. Amazon has them, for under $500. Believe it, or not. I'm retired. But, never had a credit card. I want to make, good decisions. Is there, any advantage. Getting,...
  10. Any way to require BOTH a fingerprint AND a password?

Any way to require BOTH a fingerprint AND a password?: Is there any way in Windows 10 to require BOTH a fingerprint AND a password to unlock? We're currently using a Dell utility (with Windows 7 machines) to require this two-factor login but we're upgrading them to Windows 10 and I'd prefer to do it natively if possible. Thanks!...