Windows 10: Is there any way to move a window to Display 2 by click or keypress?

Discus and support Is there any way to move a window to Display 2 by click or keypress? in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; When I want to watch a movie... What I do now: 1, Double-click on the movie, 2, Drag the player to Display 2 an HDMI-connected TV, and 3, Press a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by MarkFilipak.Windows, Jan 19, 2021.

1. Is there any way to move a window to Display 2 by click or keypress?

When I want to watch a movie...

What I do now:

1, Double-click on the movie,

2, Drag the player to Display 2 an HDMI-connected TV, and

3, Press a key to switch the player to full-screen mode.

Preferred: A single keystroke to move the player or any window that has focus to Display 2 -- no drag-&-drop needed.

Ideal: Preferred plus automatically going to full-screen mode.

This link:

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us...ween-two/7288c458-cbb6-4231-8772-28be60f0a627

doesn't work for me but I can't ask there because it's locked.

You know, I've never seen key bindings for Win10. Do key bindings exist? Where? How do you find them?

Thanks!

Mark.

:)

MarkFilipak.Windows, Jan 19, 2021
  2. ram93 Win User

laptop doesnt boot automatically

This is what happened.

1. Did a repair install and later disabled hibertnate in CMD.
    2. Enabled legacy option ROM in BIOS.
    3. After a few times startup ( i used the system in such mode for 5 days), changed boot option back to default.
    4. Vola!! It boots automatically to win10 without any keypress. Tested it with many starts to confirm the same.
    5. Re-enabled hibernate option using CMD and later selected Fast Startup.
    6. System booted normally, without the need for any keypress.

I do not know exactly whether such steps resolved the problem or what else happened, hence cannot suggest above steps.

Many thanks to all members who helped to troubleshoot problems.

ram93, Jan 19, 2021
  3. On 'Extend displays' screens are identifying as the wrong way round in Windows 10

Hi Becky,

With regard to your query, we suggest that you change the main display settings. Follow the steps below:

• Right-click on your desktop and select Display Settings.
    • In the Display tab, select 1 or 2
      to be your main display.
    • Put a check on Make this my
      main display.
    • Click on Apply.

Let us know the result.

Rafael Com, Jan 19, 2021
  4. Is there any way to move a window to Display 2 by click or keypress?

Display driver not supporting and device manager not showing Display adapter option

Hi Maheen,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

This issue could have occurred due to these reasons:

• Incorrect settings.
    • Corrupt or outdated display driver.
    Try the steps listed here and check if it helps:

Method 1:

I suggest you to download and install all the available Windows Updates including Optional Updates. Check if it helps.

Method 2:

If the issue persists, i suggest you to uninstall and re-install latest display driver from the computer manufacturer website and check if it helps.

Step 1: Uninstall display driver.

• Right-click on the Start Button and click on
      Device manager.
    • Double-click on Display Adapters to expand.
    • Right-click on the display adapter driver that is listed and select properties.
    • In the window opened, click on drivers tab.
    • In the drivers tab, Click on Uninstall option.
    Now restart your computer and check, if the problem persists try step 2.

Step 2:

Re-install display driver from the manufacturer website.

Let us know if the issue is resolved or if you need further assistance, we will be glad to help.

Akheel Ahmed, Jan 19, 2021
Thema:

Is there any way to move a window to Display 2 by click or keypress?

1. Is there any way to move a window to Display 2 by click or keypress? - Similar Threads - move window Display

2. Keypressing problem

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Keypressing problem: Hey everyone,Sorry for disturbing but I am facing keypressing problem in my Lenovo G50-80 80E5 laptop. I've googled it and found a solution. Following the solution, i enabled the last option of the device installation restrictions in group policy which was Prevent...
  3. Keypressing problem

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Keypressing problem: Hey everyone,Sorry for disturbing but I am facing keypressing problem in my Lenovo G50-80 80E5 laptop. I've googled it and found a solution. Following the solution, i enabled the last option of the device installation restrictions in group policy which was Prevent...
  4. Keypressing problem

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Is there any way to move the Start menu to the center?

in Windows 10 Customization
    Is there any way to move the Start menu to the center?: Hello, is there any way to move the start menu to the center? My PC isn't compatible with Windows 11, as it doesn't have a TPM, so I got a theme but only the start button has moved. So, is there any way to move the start menu to the center? I'm on Windows 10 Pro, if that...
  6. Is there any way to open applications without having 2 icons for that application displayed...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Is there any way to open applications without having 2 icons for that application displayed...: [IMG] submitted by /u/Mintysm64 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/mk6an4/is_there_any_way_to_open_applications_without/
  7. Screensaver turns ON with any keypress - windows 10

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Screensaver turns ON with any keypress - windows 10: My windows 10 desktop PC has recently last couple of weeks begun starting the screensaver with any keypress. The mouse brings it out of the screensaver and provided the keyboard is not touched everything works as expected. Pressing any key, eg. when trying to login, starts...
  8. Custom [keypress] + [mouse1] = move clicked file to "./thisdirectory"

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Custom [keypress] + [mouse1] = move clicked file to "./thisdirectory": Hi! I have lots of file sorting to do and am looking for specific images amongst 1000s. To expediate the process I want to create a custom command that allows me to just click on the image rather that dealing with the drag and drop. This will allow more images on screen...
  9. any way to control windows copy/move speed?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    any way to control windows copy/move speed?: every time i start a copy/move files everything else running on that drive/nas slows down. things like online download or video playing from that drive. even exploring that drive becomes laggy. any way to lower the copy/move speed so everything else can run smoothly while its...
  10. Is there any way to move your boot files?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Is there any way to move your boot files?: So When I downloaded my windows 10 I had many ssd's and hardrives connected and while downloading windows to my samsung 970 pro the boot files (the odd 500mt thing) went to my intel 730p and I was thinking is it possible easily move them to my best ssd?[ATTACH]...