Windows 10: Is there any way to mute the microphone automatically when system audio is playing?

Discus and support Is there any way to mute the microphone automatically when system audio is playing? in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hi everyone, hoping you can help me with this situation. I am using a screen recorder extension which records the entire screen with microphone and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Farhanq, Apr 28, 2021.

1. Farhanq Win User

Is there any way to mute the microphone automatically when system audio is playing?

Hi everyone, hoping you can help me with this situation. I am using a screen recorder extension which records the entire screen with microphone and system audio.When playing audio files or videos, it records it cleanly BUT my microphone picks up the sound from the speakers. The only way right now is to unplug the microphone or switch it off when the video/audio track is playing - then switching it back on manually.Is there anyway to have this automatically carried out? Thank you!

:)

Farhanq, Apr 28, 2021
  2. jamos316 Win User

muting microphone

i am still having the same problem with the microphone reverting to a muted state after restart.
    the thing is there are 2 microphone drivers (for some reason),when i unmute the muted mic driver i can make a sound and i see that it is recognized but not by the driver i just unmuted.

Is there any way to mute the microphone automatically when system audio is playing? [​IMG]

jamos316, Apr 28, 2021
  3. Windows Explorer is muting microphone

Hi Jozef,

To help you stop your microphone from muting automatically, we suggest that you follow the steps suggested by
    Kalpana Shankarappa on this
    thread
    that talks about the same issue.

Let us know how it goes.

Thank you.

Angela Pun, Apr 28, 2021
  4. mahahual Win User

Is there any way to mute the microphone automatically when system audio is playing?

microphone mutes itself

When i go into properties the mike is muted. When I unmute it works for less than a minute then mutes again. The only suggestion I have found is set as default device which does not solve problem. I have also read it is a virus but I cannot solve with malware or virus scans. It first became a problem just a few weeks ago while skyping. Never had a problem with mike until then.

Troubleshooter finds the microphone muted and fixes, Within a minute the microphone mutes itself again.

mahahual, Apr 28, 2021
Thema:

1. Is there any way to mute the microphone automatically when system audio is playing? - Similar Threads - mute microphone automatically

2. Microphone playing system audio

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microphone playing system audio: Recently, I wanted to enable "Stereo Mix" on my Windows 11 22H2 computer. I decided I didn't need it anymore, so I disabled it. Later that day, on a Google Meet with my friends, I was playing music. I saw my Google Meet microphone talking, so I paused the music to see if...
  3. Microphone playing system audio

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Microphone playing system audio: Recently, I wanted to enable "Stereo Mix" on my Windows 11 22H2 computer. I decided I didn't need it anymore, so I disabled it. Later that day, on a Google Meet with my friends, I was playing music. I saw my Google Meet microphone talking, so I paused the music to see if...
  4. audio plays while on mute

in Windows 10 Gaming
    audio plays while on mute: So my computer's volume is set to 0 and it plays as if it is on 60 or 70 but will stop if I press the mute button and I have tried many ways to fix it but I haven't been able to find out what the main problem is I have restarted my computer and deleted stuff I downloaded...
  5. audio plays while on mute

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    audio plays while on mute: So my computer's volume is set to 0 and it plays as if it is on 60 or 70 but will stop if I press the mute button and I have tried many ways to fix it but I haven't been able to find out what the main problem is I have restarted my computer and deleted stuff I downloaded...
  6. audio plays while on mute

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  7. System audio/sound plays through microphone

System audio/sound plays through microphone: Hi Microsoft, I have been trying this issue for a while, this is going to be my last resort. Basically, my headset Mic picks up anything that is playing in my computer. no, There is no audio bleed from the headphones & if I am in a call in a discord for eg. they can hear...
  8. Audio automatically muting/decreasing to 0

Audio automatically muting/decreasing to 0: My audio will work when i change the audio level, for about a second, and immediately go back to 0, and no matter what I've tried nothing has helped me so far, i've tried reinstalling my drivers, uninstalling my drivers, and nothing has worked so far. Anyone have any insight...
  9. Audio Automatically Muting and Unmuting Automatically

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Audio Automatically Muting and Unmuting Automatically: Hello Everyone, I am having an issue where my audio is muting and unmuting over and over again automatically. I searched the forum and found a couple other threads, but either they didn't have a solution or weren't the same issue. If you are aware of a similar issue, I...
  10. any way to mute and unmute microphone quick ??

in Windows 10 Support
    any way to mute and unmute microphone quick ??: I got me a new microphone and like most all microphones for PC there is no on and off switch, so on that note how can i mute and unmute it quick without having to click several things to get to the mute stuff, any ideas thanks. it saves also having to unplug and plug it in...