Windows 10: Is there any way to normalize the volume I use with my headphones so that I can keep it...

Discus and support Is there any way to normalize the volume I use with my headphones so that I can keep it... in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I'm using HyperX headphones (although they appear as Realtek High Definition Audio in the settings). I want to be able to keep my volume lower with a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Gottaimproveatmath, Jan 23, 2021.

1. Is there any way to normalize the volume I use with my headphones so that I can keep it...

I'm using HyperX headphones (although they appear as Realtek High Definition Audio in the settings). I want to be able to keep my volume lower with a universal setting other than the volume slider in the lower-right of the desktop and the external volume control on my headphones. I'm worried about damaging my hearing, and it's too easy and tempting for me to raise the volume high when I'm listening to music. Is there any other setting or third-party software I can use so that can I lower the "gain" of my computer's audio so that I would have to go through a bunch of menus or something to raise the volume higher than the max that I allot?

submitted by /u/Gottaimproveatmath
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/Gottaimproveatmath, Jan 23, 2021
  2. gordon99 Win User

Bluetooth headphone sound volume keeps changing.

I have a relatively new Bluetooth Pulse Echo headphone set and an Acer Aspire 3 notebook that has Windows 10 O/S. When I use the headphones with the notebook in wireless mode the sound volume alternates between normal and very low. I have run Windows Bluetooth fault finder and disabled sound enhancements to no effect. The headphones work fine in conjunction with my iPad however.
    Could anyone suggest a solution for this problem please?

gordon99, Jan 23, 2021
  3. Volumes for headphones and speakers are separate

Hi,

To assist you better, please answer the below:

1. Are you changing the volume on headphone or from the sound icon in the taskbar of the system?

2. How are you trying to change the speaker volume?

I suggest you to run Hardware and Devices Troubleshooter.

Follow the steps below:

• Press Windows key + W and type troubleshooting.
    • Select Troubleshooting.
    • Select View all on the top left corner.
    • Click Hardware and Devices.
    • Follow the on-screen instruction to run the troubleshooter.
    Also try to download and install the latest chipset and Sound drivers from the manufacturer website and install the same.

Hope it helps. Revert to us with the results, will be glad to assist you.

Thank you.

Mohan Babu ER, Jan 23, 2021
  4. awalt Win User

Is there any way to normalize the volume I use with my headphones so that I can keep it...

Adjusting headphone volume

I hope this is the correct forum...for the first time I used headphones in Windows 10 Pro, and I found the normal Fn-F6 and Fn-F7 that adjust speaker volume do not work to adjust headphone volume - nor does the slider in the task tray. I can go into Control Panel and find the speakers and adjust them, and they are set as default. But it seems to me that in past versions (I came from Windows 7) when headphones were plugged in, the audio slider in task bar adjusted them - when headphones were not plugged in, it adjusted speaker volume.

Do I have to go into Control Panel every time I want to tweak headphone volume? What am I missing?

awalt, Jan 23, 2021
Thema:

Is there any way to normalize the volume I use with my headphones so that I can keep it...

1. Is there any way to normalize the volume I use with my headphones so that I can keep it... - Similar Threads - normalize volume headphones

2. Is this normal? Can I...

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Is this normal? Can I...: Can I delete the whole "windows defender" registry.. Will it revert back to normal? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/is-this-normal-can-i/52e644f1-93bd-42b9-a5a3-6296ff046d7f
  3. Is there any way I can fix this problem?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Is there any way I can fix this problem?: Whenever I try to open an app, I have never used before, it will say, " do you want to allow this app to make changes to this device?" In which there is no yes button. I have tried many different ways to reduce the times it says this, or bypass the app, but these all answer...
  4. Is there any way I can fix this problem?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Is there any way I can fix this problem?: Whenever I try to open an app, I have never used before, it will say, " do you want to allow this app to make changes to this device?" In which there is no yes button. I have tried many different ways to reduce the times it says this, or bypass the app, but these all answer...
  5. Is there any settings I can change to change the default volume of bluetooth headphones?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Is there any settings I can change to change the default volume of bluetooth headphones?: Every time I connect my wireless headphone via bluetooth manually the volume defaults to 100%. This only happens whenever my headphone doesn't connect automatically via bluetooth and I need to connect it manually....
  6. Is there any settings I can change to change the default volume of bluetooth headphones?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Is there any settings I can change to change the default volume of bluetooth headphones?: Every time I connect my wireless headphone via bluetooth manually the volume defaults to 100%. This only happens whenever my headphone doesn't connect automatically via bluetooth and I need to connect it manually....
  7. Any way to stop a hard drive spinning so i can remove it?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Any way to stop a hard drive spinning so i can remove it?: My pc has a HDD dock on top of it and since my mobo supports hot swap i can change hdds pretty easily. I'm pretty sure a few updates ago i was able to eject/remove the hdd so it would stop spinning for me to remove it. Any way to do this so i don't remove the live disc? Wing...
  8. Is there any way to keep an app playing at max volume?

Is there any way to keep an app playing at max volume?: There's an app which I use and keep running that plays a sound whenever I press a key (i like the sound and it gives confirmation of input) however it gets a little quiet when I turn the volume of my computer down. Is there any way that I can have this app ignore my volume...
  9. Is this normal, 2.1gb is hardware reserved, is there any way i can change this

Is this normal, 2.1gb is hardware reserved, is there any way i can change this: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/Classic_Jump341 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/l854jz/is_this_normal_21gb_is_hardware_reserved_is_there/
  10. Any way to increase the headphone output volume?

Any way to increase the headphone output volume?: On my Android phone, I can root it and edit some .xml files in the system files to increase the volume. For example, I can even push it to the point of distortion ( not what I'm trying to do though) just by changing some values, no need for any hardware changes. I don't plan...