Windows 10: Is there any way to organize "All Apps" into folders with sub-folders?

Discus and support Is there any way to organize "All Apps" into folders with sub-folders? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I just upgraded my main machine to Win 10 and "All Apps" is a mess. I had my Win 7 start menu organized in folder groupings that made sense to me.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Remo_253, Jan 21, 2020.

1. Is there any way to organize "All Apps" into folders with sub-folders?

I just upgraded my main machine to Win 10 and "All Apps" is a mess.

I had my Win 7 start menu organized in folder groupings that made sense to me. Folders for the main program types, "Applications", "Games", "Internet", etc. Each of those had sub-folders for the individual programs.

Many of those sub-folders had, besides a shortcut to the main executable, other files/shortcuts such as a PDF manual, readme files, etc.

The "Utilities" folder in particular had many many sub-folders, one for each of those little must have one trick pony utilities that come in so handy.

When I clicked on the Start menu I'd see just 5 folders, then drilled down from there.

Now everything is one huge long list. I still have, for instance, a "Utilities" folder but all the subfolders are gone, everything is in one long alphabetical list. So I have, for instance, 12 "readme.txt" entries with no association to what utility that readme is associated to.

When I go to C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs everything is as it was, with all the sub-folders. Win 10 however won't display them.

Is there any way to force that without resorting to something like "Open Shell"?

submitted by /u/Remo_253
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/Remo_253, Jan 21, 2020
  2. Arul_D Win User

sub Folder for outlook

Hello,

Thank you for writing your query in Microsoft Community. I would like to have some more understanding to the issue so that we can diagnose and work on the issue faster. Kindly provide me the following information:

• Where are you trying to create a sub folder is it on mail app or other application?
    If it is mail app, unfortunately there is no option to create a sub folder in Mail app, I would suggest you to share your feedback in Windows Feedback app.

Arul_D, Jan 21, 2020
  3. NdMk2o1o Win User
    Split Steam app folder between 2 HDD?

As the title suggests I want to find out if there's a way I can split my steam app folder on to 2 drives, specifically an SSD that I will be putting my OS and most used games and apps and a regular HDD for everything else?

NdMk2o1o, Jan 21, 2020
  4. Is there any way to organize "All Apps" into folders with sub-folders?

sub folders

Hi Paulette,

You can move the sub-folder by dragging the sub-folder from the other Picture Folder up to the main Picture Folder. However, the sub-folder will remain as a sub-folder.

If you want to make the sub-folder as a stand alone folder, we suggest that you create a new folder on your desired location, then move over the files from the sub-folder to the new folder that you created.

Let us know if you need further assistance.

Regards.

Vanessa Yar, Jan 21, 2020
Thema:

Is there any way to organize "All Apps" into folders with sub-folders?

1. Is there any way to organize "All Apps" into folders with sub-folders? - Similar Threads - organize Apps folders

2. Put All Sub-Folders in Large Icons

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Put All Sub-Folders in Large Icons: I have this situation. I have a file folder that has many subfolders, and they are all in the "Details" organization/view mode. But I want all of them to be as "Large Icons", and it is extremely annoying and slow, having to enter EACH one of them to change. Is there any way...
  3. Put All Sub-Folders in Large Icons

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Put All Sub-Folders in Large Icons: I have this situation. I have a file folder that has many subfolders, and they are all in the "Details" organization/view mode. But I want all of them to be as "Large Icons", and it is extremely annoying and slow, having to enter EACH one of them to change. Is there any way...
  4. Apply View Format to all Sub-folders

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Apply View Format to all Sub-folders: I'm trying to set all of the sub-folders that roll up to a particular folder have Details as their View format. This used to be easy to do, just go into View-Options, but now it seems like you can only cascade by file type, which is... less than useful.Is there a way I can...
  5. wondershare526 folder and all its sub files

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    wondershare526 folder and all its sub files: why i am not allowed to delete the wondershare526 folder in the registry? i have deleted all other wondershare files from the registry. please help clarify, thank you....
  6. DriverStore - Folder and sub-folders deleted

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    DriverStore - Folder and sub-folders deleted: I'm working on a machine, Dell Vostro 230 running V1803. All attempts to update to a more current version fail with error relating to bad path. I also noticed I cannot update any driver even if I download drivers direct from Dell. So I investigated and the DriverStore...
  7. Sorting folders and the sub folders

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Sorting folders and the sub folders: Hello. I have a huge music archive and recently had to format and clean install my windows 10, meanwhile I had my archive in my HDD. Now the problem is, my song folder had around 1200~ albums in it, every album in that main folder was ordered by Date and inside every album it...
  8. find & remove all duplicates files, sub-folders & folders

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    find & remove all duplicates files, sub-folders & folders: find & remove all duplicates files, sub-folders & folders https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/find-remove-all-duplicates-files-sub-folders/ad64d789-7028-4873-8e1b-2605dc973305"
  9. Trying to unblock all files in folder/sub-folders with Powershell

in Windows 10 Support
    Trying to unblock all files in folder/sub-folders with Powershell: Well, I'm not having success accomplishing what apparently is supposed to be possible using Powershell. I'm running Win10 1803 and Powershell is Major 5, so the "unblock-file" feature is definitely available. I have recently discovered that I have a number of assorted...
  10. Libraries View set to a folder will not apply to all it's sub folders

in Windows 10 Support
    Libraries View set to a folder will not apply to all it's sub folders: So, as suggested by Brink, I started a new thread for this issue. Brink you stated ''Just to note, that folders in a library share the same folder view as it was when last closed. This isn't the same as the folders in "This PC". Yes, this is (supposed to be) true...