Windows 10: Is there any way to perform basic file operations with games purchased in Store?

Discus and support Is there any way to perform basic file operations with games purchased in Store? in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Hello, I will be re-installing Windows very soon, my games are installed on another drive, and I want to be able to either point Store to files that... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Sphered Coral, Dec 20, 2018.

1. Is there any way to perform basic file operations with games purchased in Store?

Hello, I will be re-installing Windows very soon, my games are installed on another drive, and I want to be able to either point Store to files that already exist and use those - without the need to re-download whole 80+ GB of data. Or give it package with backup and have it restore to desired location, upgrade, do consistency check etc. Like, you know, every other launcher out there.

Same with taking those files and moving them to another disk, or another computer. Modern games are huge. My internet connection is slow and there's data limit on how much I can transfer per month. If Store wants to be taken seriously as a platform for other than small Candy Crush games, fundamental functions like backing up tens of gigs of files, restoring, performing consistency checks etc. are a must.

:)

Sphered Coral, Dec 20, 2018
  2. Brink Win User

More Ways to Buy in Xbox Store with Operator Billing

Source: More Ways to Buy in Xbox Store with Operator Billing - Xbox Wire

Brink, Dec 20, 2018
  3. purchased game

Hi,

To install a game on you need to make sure that you sign in on your computer using the Microsoft account that you use to purchased the game. To install a game on Windows 10, you may follow the steps below:

• Using your Microsoft account, sign in to the PC where you want to install your games.
    • On the Start screen, select the Store icon.
    • In the Store, select Games from the menu.
    • Browse to and select the game you want to buy.

If you already own the game, you can install it on your PC. Otherwise, select Install to download and install the game.

Should you need further assistance, feel free to post anytime.

Wilfred Mac, Dec 20, 2018
  4. Is there any way to perform basic file operations with games purchased in Store?

If I purchase action games directly from Antiflex mundi they works on my pc, but if I purchase the same games from the Microsoft store the games do not work.

Title:
    If I purchase action games directly from Antiflex mundi they works on my pc, but if I purchase the same games from the Microsoft store the games do not work.

Hi Brian,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I understand your concern and will assist you to resolve this issue.

• Have you updated all the Windows Updates?

• Have you updated all the drivers?

• Are you getting any error messages?

• Items 1 and 2 were done with no change to the problem and there were not any error messages for 3.
    I suggest you to install the Game in compatibility mode and check if it helps.

Compatibility mode

Follow the steps below on how to install Game in compatibility mode:

1. Download the Game from the manufacturer’s website and save it on your local disk.

2. Right click on the setup file of the driver and select “Properties”.

3. Select “Compatibility” Tab.

4. Place a check mark next to “Run this program in Compatibility mode” and select operating system from the drop down list.

5. Let the Game install and then check the functionality.

Hope this helps. If the issue remains unresolved, please get back to us and we would be happy to help.

1. Game from the Microsoft store is save it on my local C drive.

2. Were do you find setup file of the driver
    and select “Properties?

3. Were is the “Compatibility” Tab
    on windows 10?

BrianShearer1946, Dec 20, 2018
Thema:

Is there any way to perform basic file operations with games purchased in Store?

1. Is there any way to perform basic file operations with games purchased in Store? - Similar Threads - perform basic file

2. Freezing doing basic operations but not playing games

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Freezing doing basic operations but not playing games: I have a problem on windows 10 whenever i play a game no stuttering or freezing but as soon as i opened chrome or agreeing to terms and conditions it just lags and freezes between 30secs to a 1 min...
  3. Freezing doing basic operations but not playing games

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Freezing doing basic operations but not playing games: I have a problem on windows 10 whenever i play a game no stuttering or freezing but as soon as i opened chrome or agreeing to terms and conditions it just lags and freezes between 30secs to a 1 min...
  4. Freezing doing basic operations but not playing games

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Is there any way to Backup and Restore my Microsoft Store games ?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Is there any way to Backup and Restore my Microsoft Store games ?: So, last night i had to reinstall my OS, unfortunately i completely forgot about my Games that i downloaded from Microsoft Store. One of them was Forza Horizon 5 which was 100+GB in size and because of that, now i need to download that big game again from 0% which is sucks...
  6. Cannot perform in-game purchases via the Microsoft Store

Cannot perform in-game purchases via the Microsoft Store: Hi, I am writing this message on behalf of my parents. They are currently playing a game called Hidden City. This game offers in-game purchases you spent 10 quid and get 100 in-game rubies which you can spent for quests et cetera However, all purchases fail with the...
  7. purchasing a game on microsoft store

in Windows 10 Gaming
    purchasing a game on microsoft store: Hello This is my very first time I am trying to purchase something on Microsoft Store and I got lost in the process. from my child session, hewento to the store, selected the game he wished to buy and a pop up windows opened to tell him that an email was sent to me to get...
  8. I can't purchase any game on Microsoft Store

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    I can't purchase any game on Microsoft Store: Help I double-checked my card and it has enough money to buy the game and yet I still can't purchase it. Please help! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-cant-purchase-any-game-on-microsoft-store/c88115ec-6d41-4700-b9c9-c83c37acca55
  9. Any way to restore purchases on the Microsoft Store?

Any way to restore purchases on the Microsoft Store?: I'm asking this question because I uninstalled Minecraft 2 times because my Minecraft was lagging a bit and now it shows up like I never purchased it. I checked my purchases and I saw Minecraft on the purchases list but when I search "Minecraft" not the package Minecraft, the...
  10. Any way to backup Microsoft Store apps and games?

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Any way to backup Microsoft Store apps and games?: Forza Horizon 4 took ages to download, and my connection is TERRIBLE (like 3 mb/s terrible) and our monthly data cap isn't very high as it is, so I'd either have to back this game up somehow, or just not redownload it again any time soon. Anyway, is it possible to backup...