Windows 10: Is there any way to permanently get rid of this nag screen?

Discus and support Is there any way to permanently get rid of this nag screen? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Every so often when I start up I get this annoying nag screen. I'm really not interested in any of the options offered but there seems to be no way to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Gwaihir, Dec 12, 2020.

1. Gwaihir Win User

Is there any way to permanently get rid of this nag screen?

Every so often when I start up I get this annoying nag screen. I'm really not interested in any of the options offered but there seems to be no way to tell Micro$oft to go away and stop pestering me with it.

It's really starting to get under my skin so if anyone has any suggestions for how I can permanently get rid of it I'd be mightily grateful.

Windows 10 Home 10.0.18363 Build 18363

Is there any way to permanently get rid of this nag screen? [​IMG]

:)

Gwaihir, Dec 12, 2020
  2. Bree Win User

get rid of macrium update nag screen?

Well, I never knew you could do it that way, I always go to Other Tasks > Edit Defaults...

3. lbeck Win User
    How do I get rid of "Location not available" nag?

After a long hiatus I'm working on this again. The problem hasn't kept me from using my laptop. It's only annoying.

I have found that if I move the "missing" folder to "E" and then change the drive letter to "D" the nag goes away. But then if I either delete the folder or change the drive letter back to "E" the nag returns. Note the very small size of the "desktop" file at the bottom of the tree (282 bytes).

I need my data drive to stay as E. So I'm considering:

1. making a small partition on one of the drives and naming the partition "D"
    2. moving the small folder as the only occupant of the D drive
    I think this'll work but I prefer to reserve D for my external optical drive and it seems like a backwards way of doing things. Any further suggestions on how to get rid of the nag?

lbeck, Dec 12, 2020
  4. f14tomcat Win User

get rid of macrium update nag screen?

If you are talking about the message telling you there is an update to the software, it can be turned off here.

Help>Configure Update

Then uncheck these boxes

f14tomcat, Dec 12, 2020
Thema:

1. Is there any way to permanently get rid of this nag screen? - Similar Threads - permanently rid nag

2. Simple. Get rid of Copilot. Permanently.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Simple. Get rid of Copilot. Permanently.: see subject. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/simple-get-rid-of-copilot-permanently/a4bdc7c9-3a67-4257-9fc5-546f1d339956
  3. Any way to get rid of this edge push?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Any way to get rid of this edge push?: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/m1ndvr [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/ltjf1o/any_way_to_get_rid_of_this_edge_push/
  4. Is there any way to get rid of media/volume overlay?

Is there any way to get rid of media/volume overlay?: Is there any way to get rid of media/volume overlay that pops up when I turn volume knob on my media keyboard? It is driving me nuts, just pops up there and cock blocks me from doing what I want for 20 seconds. submitted by /u/Ikkepop [link] [comments]...
  5. Is there any way to get rid of this collapsable folder group?

Is there any way to get rid of this collapsable folder group?: [ATTACH] Hey there fellers! I hate opening my file explorer and seeing this useless FOLDERS (5) thingy. Is there any way to remove it? Winaero Tweaker doesn't work*...
  6. Any way of getting rid of this toolbar

in Windows 10 Customization
    Any way of getting rid of this toolbar: Any way of getting rid of this toolbar please. [img] Name: Microsoft Windows 10 Pro 64-bit (1909, 18363.836) 156774
  7. get rid of macrium update nag screen?

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    get rid of macrium update nag screen?: their nag screen pops up every 5 minutes for a few hrs then disappears for a day or 2. how can I block that? I will update when I want to update it 149855
  8. get rid of windows edge nag screen at startup?

in Browsers and Email
    get rid of windows edge nag screen at startup?: hello all. when I boot to windows 10 I get a nag screen trying to get me to use edge. its a waste of time. how can I get rid of this screen and go straight to the login/password screen? fyi I have two log ins, one personal and one microsoft account we were forced to create...
  9. Is there any permanent solution to get rid of Blue screen error in windows 10??

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Is there any permanent solution to get rid of Blue screen error in windows 10??: Dear Microsoft, I have totally new pc with current upgraded hardware. But, with Windows 10 os I cannot experience the best of the performance. It is too annoying to use Windows 10. time by time in between any work it suddenly restarts with some blue screen error. I have...
  10. Any way to get rid of OneDrive permanently?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Any way to get rid of OneDrive permanently?: Can OneDrive be effectively deleted? I have absolutely no need for it. There are never problems with it on my desktops since they all run Windows 10 Pro (it has Group Policy Editor). But my laptop has Home and OneDrive keeps inserting its obnoxious self no matter what steps I...